07-17-2018, 01:24 PM
User Info
About 3 months ago the ex-GF who is a good friend, due to work and her "Bestie" getting married necessitated her regularly shaving her legs.
I was already deep into DE wet shaving and she would at times scoff at me while I'd retort how much nicer it was that disposable cartridge razors.
So I decided to "bring her into the fold" and told her I was going to find her a nice vintage razor, and after boring her about the Gillette date codes an such, she showed some interest.

I said "how a bout a nice razor made on your date of birth then"? she warmed to the idea, so this is what I got her:

a 1970 Lady Gillette in very nice shape (her birth year and quarter), do it proper for the lady, yes?

Also cleaned it up and took it for a spin this morning using Gillette Platinum blades and Proraso (Minty) Green, it yielded a very smooth (BBS) shave 3 passes.
I'll start her off with less aggressive blades like Astra Superior Stainless (Blue) or Superior Platinum (Green).
Last week it was "oh that sounds whatever"...today on the phone with her it was "Do you have my razor yet, do you?

[Image: 7BaL2YG.jpg][Image: H18k6r9.jpg]

0 33
 07-17-2018, 01:55 PM
User Info
Nice move.  Keep it simple for her at first.  Let her start with canned foam or gel, so she doesn't get overwhelmed with having to use a brush and soap.

53 8,119
 07-17-2018, 07:10 PM
User Info
Well done Biggrin

And a Lady Gillette sounds like a nice choice indeed.

3 5,697
 07-17-2018, 07:59 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Good story, and good luck to you both Smile

10 3,041