07-18-2018, 10:48 AM
  • DannyZ
  • Harker Heights, TX
User Info
Baylorgator beat me to this but I wanted to post my review of Siliski Soaps.  I finally received my samples after being lost in limbo in the Italian postal system for a week. I shaved with Midnight in Tunisia.  

Lathering the soap took some trial and error.  It is easy to add to much water and it thins out quick.  But after dialing it in, the slickness of this soap took me by surprise. I honestly did not expect it to be as good as it is.  This isn't a soap that people rave about but it stands with DG, CRSW Glide, Lisa's, SV,and MW in my opinion.  The post shave feel is also phenomenal.  

The scent is intoxicating.  I owuld describe this as a smoldering floral.  Probably not the most helpful description but I am horrible at describing scents.  I did an exercise in Tunisia back in May; we jumped in and the scent of this soap reminds me of the drop zone.  The scent lingered after the shave.  My wife and girls have declared this their new favorite scent; my youngest wants me to shave with only this soap "forever".

I can say with certainty that I will be buying a full size puck of this particular soap and a few more samples of his other scents.  Tomorrow I'm going to shave with Sea Spice. 

Try this soap and you will not regret it.

3 102
 07-18-2018, 01:38 PM
User Info
I bought both the Midnight in Tunisia and the Almond Siliski soaps. The Midnight in Tunisia smells like Tabac to me, and the Almond is an amazing soap with a great and strong almond scent. Siliski soaps are excellent!

Thank-you for your Service!!

36 2,326
 07-18-2018, 02:03 PM
User Info
Thanks for a nice review Danny.

60 10,502
 07-18-2018, 04:42 PM
User Info
Totally agree with you, and I’m glad Siliski is getting some good press. There’s not a lot posted about it, but it’s really good soap.

5 219
 07-18-2018, 05:52 PM
User Info
Thanks guys.  This is very high praise.  As far as the water goes, I will begin to reduce the amount of water in the recipe to make lathering a easier.

0 448
 07-19-2018, 07:54 AM
User Info
Hey Andrew! The soaps that I bought from you lathered pretty easily! I was very pleased overall!

Vr

Matt

36 2,326
 07-19-2018, 01:14 PM
User Info
I don’t know that a change is warranted at all, Andrew. Some soaps are very thirsty and can take a lot of water. Yours requires very little water in order to lather, so you don’t want to overwater it. I don’t see that as a flaw as much as just something to be aware of when lathering.

5 219
 07-20-2018, 06:33 AM
  • DannyZ
  • Harker Heights, TX
User Info
(07-19-2018, 01:14 PM)Baylorgator Wrote: I don’t know that a change is warranted at all, Andrew.  Some soaps are very thirsty and can take a lot of water.  Yours requires very little water in order to lather, so you don’t want to overwater it.   I don’t see that as a flaw as much as just something to be aware of when lathering.

Agreed.  Lathering was easy; it just doesn't require much water.  I do not see anything wrong with that at all.  I shaved with Sea Spice last night and the performance was again phenomenal.  The scent was pleasant but lighter than the Midnight in Tunisia.  You have a fantastic product and I look forward to more usage.

3 102
 07-20-2018, 09:01 AM
User Info
Some soaps are thirsty, some are not.. learning each soap's nature is part of the fun in my eyes Smile

3 7,259
 07-22-2018, 01:13 PM
User Info
Thanks guys.    A little dive into soap making, I need 50g of soap left in the pot after each batch.  As I transfer to larger batches, I am able to use less water which actually concentrates the soap.  This is really only a 3% change and won't affect the performance much.  

I really do appreciate your support and am really happy to know that my efforts are paying off in terms of quality and enjoyment.

0 448
 10-14-2018, 03:53 PM
  • Nero
User Info
I've used the Appalachian Forest shave soap for 2-3 shaves and it has been EXCELLENT.

The protection and slickness is top tier... Barely feel the blade, which cruises right through two days' growth like it's on magnetic rails.

The scent is very nice evergreen scent, as you'd expect with the name Appalachian Forest, and it's made with essential oils only (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going from memory bc I'm too lazy at the moment to go look).

Post shave has been perfect, as well. Might be it's best feature.

So summary is, I shouldn't have waited so long to try it out. I'll be adding more scents in the future.

PS, I am using the Frankincense & Myrrh shampoo bar, which has been great as well ... Probably used it 8 times now.

Life is good!

98 4,112