07-21-2018, 12:37 PM
User Info
I recently took a shot and bought some Stirling Shave Soaps.  I have found them to be absolutely stellar in every category, especially the most important to me...residual slickness.  These soaps are so slick that I can do my fourth/touch up pass with just a damp hand searching for any missed stubble for my irritation free BBS shave!  

I also recently purchase the Semogue Boar brush from Phil at Bull Goose Shaving, and since it is pouring rain here in NOVA I figured I might as well do a fun little test lather to really dial in the Stirling Shave Soap, and start breaking in the brush!  I squeezed out the excess water from the brush, and lathered on the puck for about 20-25 seconds.  I love this soap so much, I was going to give it my solid thumbs up...then I thought better of it, and gave it two thumbs up!  Enjoy the pictures men!

5 261
 07-21-2018, 12:42 PM
User Info
 07-21-2018, 03:31 PM
User Info
Nice lather shots and great boar brush!

53 7,810
 07-21-2018, 03:34 PM
User Info
Thanks Ricardo! I really enjoyed it, and using the lather is even better!

Vr

Matt

5 261
 07-21-2018, 07:13 PM
User Info
Nice pics! Glad you took the shot and discovered Stirling. Stirling is my #1 soap for 3 years and is still a very solid performing soap in all categories. Stirling also never over priced the great products they sell which says a lot about them & their co. Great company! You also got a nice boar brush & lather bowl too.

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 127
 07-22-2018, 04:24 AM
User Info
Thank-you very much 49er! Yes...my initial response to the price of Stirling Shave Soaps (and their other products) was, “Wow! This stuff is cheap!” However, that thought was wrong, because cheap implies low quality. These products are top tier in my opinion, and are better described as “inexpensive.” I purchased the “Executive Man” line of products...the shave soap, bath soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, and a pineapple shampoo bar...all for about 50 dollars including shipping! The fragrance of “Executive Man” is patterned off of Creed’s Aventus, and it is amazing!

The lather bowl is also top tier in my opinion, and is best described as “inexpensive” as well...it is made by Doug Smith Pottery and can be purchased on Etsy for 25 dollars (though he was having a sale and I got mine for about 20).

I also agree that it’s great to have artisans out there that are really answering the mail, and delivering the highest quality shave experience at very reasonable prices!

Have a great rest of the weekend!!!

Vr

Matt

5 261
 07-22-2018, 09:21 AM
User Info
(07-22-2018, 04:24 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Thank-you very much 49er!  Yes...my initial response to the price of Stirling Shave Soaps (and their other products) was, “Wow!  This stuff is cheap!”  However, that thought was wrong, because cheap implies low quality.  These products are top tier in my opinion, and are better described as “inexpensive.”  I purchased the “Executive Man” line of products...the shave soap, bath soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, and a pineapple shampoo bar...all for about 50 dollars including shipping!  The fragrance of “Executive Man” is patterned off of Creed’s Aventus, and it is amazing!  

The lather bowl is also top tier in my opinion, and is best described as “inexpensive” as well...it is made by Doug Smith Pottery and can be purchased on Etsy for 25 dollars (though he was having a sale and I got mine for about 20).

I also agree that it’s great to have artisans out there that are really answering the mail, and delivering the highest quality shave experience at very reasonable prices!

Have a great rest of the weekend!!!

Vr

Matt
Much agreed like 100%. You have a great weekend too!

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 127
 08-03-2018, 07:43 AM
User Info
I dont have any Stirling soaps yet, but I think you just moved this up on my purchase list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 11
 08-03-2018, 12:20 PM
User Info
(08-03-2018, 07:43 AM)Enemygod Wrote: I dont have any Stirling soaps yet, but I think you just moved this up on my purchase list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding!  They are fantastic!  I used the Baker Street one this morning!  Amazing!

5 261
 08-03-2018, 12:42 PM
User Info
Always had great results with Stirling. Only problem, allergic reaction. Blush

0 506
 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM
User Info
That is so unfortunate! I am sorry to hear that...allergic reactions sort of take the fun out of it!

Vr

Matt

5 261