07-22-2018, 01:05 PM
User Info
Hello all! I have a bit of razor burn from an unfortunate trial and error shave with a new razor and a new type of DE blade. At any rate, I have been using Tamanu Oil on the burn, and it’s working like an absolute charm! The oil is pretty light, has a slight nutty fragrance, and it absorbs quite quickly into the skin. I am really glad that I happened upon it, and thought I would share!

I like it so much, I am contemplating its use as a pre-shave oil the next time I use one of my cutthroats!

I would love to hear if anyone else uses this stuff, and about your results!

Thanks!

Vr

Matt

13 558
 07-22-2018, 04:18 PM
User Info
I have never heard of this oil. Would you please enlighten me, Matt?

10 1,053
 07-22-2018, 05:00 PM
User Info
Well...probably your best bet is to google it. However, I know that it comes from some Asian Pacific Island, and the nuts are harvested from some fruit and allowed to sit under the sun for weeks. As the nuts dry out, they become covered with oil. The oil is extracted using a cold press process.

That is all the background I know, and my experience with this is that it’s working like magic on my face/razor burn. There are also a ton of other uses for it on the skin as well apparently, but I needed it to heal the burn!

Have a great evening!

Vr

Matt

PS If you purchase it, the best stuff is organic and cold pressed. I am planning to use my favorite straight tomorrow, and I will use this as a pre-shave oil. I will post how it goes!

13 558
 07-23-2018, 08:35 AM
User Info
Tamanu is an exotic oil.  It has a melting point of about 76 degrees, or the same as coconut oil, and is about 25% saturated fats of stearic and palmitic acid.  The other oils are primarily oleic and linoleic oils.  So most of the oils should soak into the skin with the rest making a nice protective layer.  I am not very familiar with this oil, but from what I have found it is primarily used in skincare.  Let us know how it works!

0 364
 07-23-2018, 09:09 AM
User Info
Interesting stuff. Stands to reason it ain't cheap!
I look forward to hearing more.

10 1,053
 07-23-2018, 04:37 PM
User Info
So the Tamanu Oil works wonders for razor burn, and it is an absolutely fantastic Pre-Shave Oil!!!  Like really good! 

[Image: F74MfaV.jpg]

13 558