07-22-2018, 04:08 PM
User Info
I wanted to share something that I learned about this soap that others may find useful. I had been using this soap regularly, as it has good performance and was also good for shaving my head. Over the past 4-5 months, I was having trouble with acne and it kept getting worse and worse, to the extent that at one point I have 9 bad ones on my face at the same time and it was impossible to shave. I have to shave as not shaving for a long time leads to irritation and redness of the skin on my face. I also started getting bad acne on my head. This was all out of ordinary for me. Then, a few weeks ago, I realized that the acne on my head started after I started using this cream on my head. For a long while there, I was using Proraso green shaving soap on my head, until the tub finished. 

I wondered if it was the maca root cream that was the problem. So, I tried an experiment. For the duration of this experiment, I used the same razor (Merkur 38C) and the same blade. I used some acne face wash and spot acne treatment, but kept using the maca root. The existing acne would subside in a few days, but new acne would also come up at an unusual rate. I tried this for about 4 weeks. It got better, but still, I was getting new acne at a rate that was not normal for me. So, then I stopped using the maca root and started using TOBS Lavender shaving cream. It has been 4 weeks now and the acne is all gone, save for one small spot. A few small spots now and then is normal for me. 

So, I have concluded that the maca root shaving cream was the source of the problem and will not be using it again. I hope this information is helpful to someone else.

0 33
 07-22-2018, 04:42 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info. a lot more to a soap than you think.

0 506
 07-31-2018, 07:17 PM
User Info
You had a lot of patience to stick with it for 4 weeks. If I suspect my skin doesn't like a product, it's out, no 2nd thoughts.

4 101