07-23-2018, 07:01 PM
  • N8Julo43
  • Red Whisker Wrangler
  • Mizzou-RAH, USA
User Info
If you had enough to cover the cost of either option, the Thater Premium Boar or Semogue TSN LE Boar, which would you choose?

I own only two and three band badger brushes, along with a couple of synthetics. I am looking for a boar brush that has soft tips and medium scrub. My favorite knot that I have ever owned is the Romera Manchurian Finest badger. I don't need a huge amount of backbone and would like a nice ergonomic handle. Open to any of the Thater options, though I would probably go with a butterscotch color for the handle. 

For anyone out there with both, or either one, I would like to hear why you love yours and how you believe the two compare. Is the Thater worth the $30 difference? 

Thank you!

Nathan

30 302
 07-24-2018, 09:47 AM
  • Cino
User Info
I have both.   Semogue has more backbone and scrub.   Thater has more volume and a more luxurious feel.   Both break in relatively fast.  I like them both. It depends on what you are looking for.

0 31
 07-24-2018, 10:16 AM
User Info
Hello! I do not have the Thater Boar brush, but I am liking my Semogue TSN LE...so much that I am thinking about buying a second one. It is fantastic, looks quite handsome, is creating some wonderful lather, and feels great on the face. I don’t think it gets too much better for my tastes!

Vr

Matt

5 286
 07-25-2018, 04:53 AM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
I prefer the Semogue TSN LE in both size and face feel. I am not a particular bar fan. However, the Thäter I sold after about 30 uses as I did not see it making any progress. The Semogue felt softer right out of the box, hence, my hope, it will even get better over time.

43 2,033
 07-25-2018, 06:35 AM
  • N8Julo43
  • Red Whisker Wrangler
  • Mizzou-RAH, USA
User Info
Thank you guys for the feedback!

30 302
 07-25-2018, 11:07 AM
User Info
My semogue TSN LE is getting better with each shave as well!

Vr

Matt

5 286