07-26-2018, 02:02 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I've received a number of PMs from friends the last days regarding the wildfires in Athens. 

I want to thank you publicly for your kindness and you sincere interest. It really means a lot. I greatly appreciate that. 

Me and my family are fine. I live about 30-35 kilometres away from these places, so no danger here. 

These days were devastating for Greece. The number of dead people is heartbreaking. There are also dozens of missing ones. Villages and small cities burned to the ground. I could never imagine all these in times of peace. We hear unbelievable stories from the survivors. 

We live in difficult times. This is a national tragedy for my country and its people.

I am grateful that I'm a part of this wonderful community consisting of truly great people.

58 2,346
 07-26-2018, 02:28 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I participate in a number of forums with different nicknames sometimes and there were some friends looking for me. I am thankful gents. Really. I don't know what to say.

P.S. As for some Greek clowns of that forum, who are full of issues, you now understand why Greeks don't learn from history. Every year we have multiple wildfires. There were people looking for me and a clown over there found the chance to belittle me. No I'm not using straights, yes I've graduated( lol!), I also have a master degree. I bought the first yellow Schicks for 2 euros, the other for 10, I've been selling them for less than 40% off of the market value giving everyone the chance to own a NOS, I even PIFed some. I didn't leave red-face from any forum, I've stopped participating in the Greek forum because you're a bunch of problematic and jealous people over there full of issues and the only Greek forum has no standards. Whether I'm a good person and I've contributed to the wet-shaving community or not, I'll let the community decide about that, not some clowns. Personally I'm not a member of this great forum just to sell things, like you for example. Thank god this silly behaviour is not tolerated here and we have a forum with rules, protecting its members.

You now see why Greece has no chance!
It consists of people like these.
We don't learn from history.
People back in 2015 trusted a bunch of communists to rule my beautiful country. They destroyed it.
We are our own Trojan Horse.

58 2,346
 07-26-2018, 02:52 AM
User Info
I'm happy to hear that you and your family is safe Nick, while at the same time I'm saddened every time I hear about more casualties in the fires. I really hope we'll see the end of it soon - as well as the end of the fires over in Sweden, and the near constant flare up of smaller forest fires in Norway.

Stay safe Nick, and don't let the haters get you down.

3 5,833
 07-26-2018, 07:36 AM
User Info
Nick, it is great to hear you and your family are safe and well. 
This is such a tragic event for all of those involved and I just hope everyone can find the strength and courage to overcome this. 
Be well.

89 21,230
 07-26-2018, 08:29 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Nick - glad you are safe and a valuable contributor on TSN !!

9 690
 07-26-2018, 10:41 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hans, Celestino and Howie, thank you very much for your kind words. I highly appreciate it.

58 2,346
 07-26-2018, 03:53 PM
User Info
Hey Nick, I'm gonna quote part of post #2 for the "clown" if that's OK, I won't if you say no.

0 268
 07-26-2018, 04:27 PM
User Info
Nick, I'm glad you and your family are fine.

54 8,310
 07-26-2018, 07:51 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I am glad to hear that you are safe Nick!

48 20,082
 07-26-2018, 09:35 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
No problem, Toby. Thanks for everything.

Ricardo and Phil, thank you very much.

58 2,346
 07-27-2018, 03:26 AM
User Info
(07-26-2018, 09:35 PM)nikos.a Wrote: No problem, Toby. Thanks for everything.

Just glad you and your family are safe!  Thumbsup

Looks like the clown walked away with his tail between his legs.  Biggrin

0 268