09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
In order to spur donations to the Shave Nook, I am holding a raffle for a Silvertip Butterscotch Beehive brush from Vie-Long. This brush is overstuffed with top shelf silver tip badger hair and is an excellent do anything brush. The combination of backbone, flow through, and soft tips makes it one of my all-time favorite brushes. You can read about the brush here

In order to enter the contest, all you have to do is donate $10.00 or more to the Shave Nook on or before September 30th. These funds will be used for operating expenses and to add features to the Shave Nook such as an integrated Review Section. Help to make the Nook the best shave forum on the net.

I will use a random list generator to select the winner on Monday, October 1st.

45 16,352
 09-07-2012, 09:02 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nice brush. Nice raffle. Good cause.

173 23,546
 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM
User Info
Ooo Dedicated review section!

But...what about all the hard work Teiste et al has put in? Will it be automatically converted or will someone have to manually copy the info in?

9 2,988
 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Too much work to convert the old reviews...the review section will start fresh. Besides...it would be like pounding a square peg into a round hole. The review section will average ratings as well as have a commentary section.

45 16,352
 09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
  • brian
  • I wear sandalwood sandles
  • THE SWAMP (Florida)
User Info
Hey Nook,

I think Phil has a fantastic idea here, and I'd like to help...

I have two unused pucks of Suds & Sparkles soap that I will PIF to the first two qualified respondents in this thread. If you've made a donation of $10 or more, just be the first to post here, and note which scent you'd like. It will be sent to you free of charge, regardless of your location.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Suds & Sparkles - it's an ebay/etsy shaving soap maker who has been receiving some rave reviews on various shaving enthusiast websites. From the ebay store, these soaps contain such skin friendly ingredients as:
Quote:Goat Milk, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Bentonite Clay, Cocoa Butter, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Mango Butter, & Macadamia Nut Oil

The scents available are: My Dear Watson
Quote:Refreshing bergamot contrasted with mint, cedar, and suede. Sophisticated and smart manly fragrance.
Claimed by Mike Perry - thanks for donating, Mike!

and Cherry Almond
Quote:It's all in the title! This fragrance smells very strongly of Cherries and Almond.
Cherry Almond claimed by Paisley E - thanks for donating, Eric!

Thanks to all who are making the Nook into one of the best cyber hangouts around!

Brian Biggrin

11 366
 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM
User Info
Shoot, I would have donated $10 regardless. Great offer!

9 2,988
 09-07-2012, 10:06 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(09-07-2012, 09:50 AM)brian Wrote: For those of you who are unfamiliar with Suds & Sparkles - it's an ebay/etsy shaving soap maker who has been receiving some rave reviews on various shaving enthusiast websites. From the ebay store, these soaps contain such skin friendly ingredients as:
Quote:Goat Milk, Shea Butter, Vitamin E, Bentonite Clay, Cocoa Butter, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Mango Butter, & Macadamia Nut Oil

The scents available are: My Dear Watson
Quote:Refreshing bergamot contrasted with mint, cedar, and suede. Sophisticated and smart manly fragrance.

Hi Brian

Suitable donation made... if the "My Dear Watson" scent is still available I wouldn't say no, otherwise I will pass on the other scent and allow someone else the opportunity...

And thank you for offering the PIF Thumbsup

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM
  • brian
  • THE SWAMP (Florida)
User Info
It's all yours Mike, and thanks for donating!

By the way... once the official Nook Review Section is up and running, perhaps you could break it in with your impressions of the soap Cool

PS - My donation/entry has also been made.

11 366
 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(09-07-2012, 10:08 AM)brian Wrote: It's all yours Mike, and thanks for donating!

By the way... once the official Nook Review Section is up and running, perhaps you could break it in with your impressions of the soap Cool

PS - My donation/entry has also been made.

Hi Brian

Cool! I will send you my address via PM.

I'm sure I can manage to do that, thought my writing skills leave a lot! to be desired...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
User Info
The other swag offered when donating is pretty neat to; including the @shavenook.com email... good think I had 30US burning a hole in my PayPal account Tongue

Thanks to Phil for setting this up - and for being an all over swell guy - and Brian for helping out too Biggrin

I'll let someone else have the soap though; it don't sound like a scent for me.

3 3,580
 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Thank you everyone. So far, the following members have entered the raffle:

Loganpass
texquill
Brian
Mikeperry
BladeDE40
ackwired
WegianWarrior
Paisley E
Celestino
gijames
leonidas
lindyhop66
DLP
Shanman
CaliforniaCajun
Ikon
Tgutc
biggiej42
Pinotfan
silvermon
panchovilla
mashbill
Arcadies
beartrap
Chabbs
asharperrazor
bowlturner
micktoley
wehteh
olddog23
wingdo
jfmii
Thelegalrazor
Kooshman7
Burkedevlin
penmanship
acs1948
J_fro
Tonality

If you have entered and do not see your name, please send me a pm.

45 16,352
 09-07-2012, 12:13 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thanks to everyone,we truly appreciate the support.

86 7,123
 09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
(09-07-2012, 09:50 AM)brian Wrote: Hey Nook,

I think Phil has a fantastic idea here, and I'd like to help...

I have two unused pucks of Suds & Sparkles soap that I will PIF to the first two qualified respondents in this thread. If you've made a donation of $10 or more, just be the first to post here, and note which scent you'd like. It will be sent to you free of charge, regardless of your location.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Suds & Sparkles - it's an ebay/etsy shaving soap maker who has been receiving some rave reviews on various shaving enthusiast websites. From the ebay store, these soaps contain such skin friendly ingredients as:

The scents available are:
Cherry Almond
Quote:It's all in the title! This fragrance smells very strongly of Cherries and Almond.

Thanks to all who are making the Nook into one of the best cyber hangouts around!

Brian Biggrin

Hi Brian,

I've made a donation as well. If the Cherry Almond is still available, I'd like to try it.
And thanks to all here on the Shave Nook who make this such a great community! Smile

Mark

6 135
 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
  • brian
  • THE SWAMP (Florida)
User Info
(09-07-2012, 01:19 PM)Paisley E Wrote: Hi Brian,

I've made a donation as well. If the Cherry Almond is still available, I'd like to try it.
And thanks to all here on the Shave Nook who make this such a great community! Smile

Mark

Hi Mark,

It's all yours! Thanks for donating, and PM me your info at your leisure... don't forget to break in the new "review" section one day Biggrin

11 366
 09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Thanks to all of you who have donated, whether or not you are in the raffle. Every bit helps build a better TSN.

2 11,211
 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
User Info
Excellent idea, Phil!
Way to go, Brian. Great offer.

75 20,883
 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(09-07-2012, 02:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Excellent idea, Phil!

Thank you...the raffle was actually Teiste's idea. I thought it was a good idea as well. Cool

45 16,352
 09-07-2012, 06:16 PM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
Donation made. Keep up the good work.

3 497
 09-07-2012, 08:43 PM
User Info
(09-07-2012, 02:36 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 02:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Excellent idea, Phil!

Thank you...the raffle was actually Teiste's idea. I thought it was a good idea as well. Cool

* No matter whose idea it was, it still is a great thing to do.

75 20,883
 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Smile
I like being able to be *active* for things I truly enjoy..

I truly enjoy The Shave Nook!

Thank you all for running *Campaign 2012* Wink

9 1,684