07-26-2018, 05:49 AM
User Info
When I sent away for my Scots Pine Sheep shave soap, I received as well a sample sized bath bar of their Glastonbury scent.  Well, since it got thin enough I had to fold it, it's been sitting on a shower shelf, my Scots Pine Sheep bath bar having replaced it.

So this morning it occurred to me, why not use it in my lathering bowl and give it the ol' Williams treatment?  I then proceeded to remove it from the shower shelf and place it in the bowl for tomorrow's shave.  I will let you know how this little experiment turns out.

0 118
 07-27-2018, 05:37 AM
User Info
Okay, I shaved this morning using the Glastonbury sample bath bar and my Omega boar brush.  I used a Ladas blade in my Merkur 34c HD for the last time before changing it out (I got about seven uses in total from the blade, by the way).

The lather was nice and rich, very creamy, but dried a bit quickly requiring me to add water to it periodically throughout my shave as I went through my passes.  It wasn't as slick as my Scots Pine Sheep shave soap, which I presume is because having been formulated for bathing and not shaving, it wasn't meant to provide as slick a lather.  Still, I managed a BBS shave with it.

0 118
 07-27-2018, 06:49 AM
User Info
Bath soap can be made to work, but shave soap is much better.

3 1,937
 08-02-2018, 06:50 PM
User Info
Just read the scent profile on this last night. Seems like it would be something that I would like.

What do you think about the soaps scent?

8 166