08-10-2018, 06:22 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-10-2018, 04:26 PM)barbe-rouge Wrote: I just put the box into the mail to #2 (Larry). This was my first use of LPL and the soap lived up to all the rave reviews here in the nook. The scents were nice, but a bit reserved to my nose and taste. I didn't notice any patchouli, assuming I would recognize it if I tripped on it - definite cedar, but I didn't get much else.

Thanks, Charlie, I got a chance to test drive some premium soaps and experiment with some of the scents available. Very kind of you to do this.

Dave

Dave, thanks for posting your thoughts. I’m glad you enjoyed your turn with the box. My nose round the apricot soap to be more mildly scented compared to the cedar-patchouli. What did you think of the CRSW? I found it multi-layered. Not just a straight orange scent. Complex.

8 2,833
 08-10-2018, 06:27 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-10-2018, 04:27 PM)cpool222 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I have an idea why the list might not be longer. I’m afraid it may be the idea of swapping out soaps. Also, there wasn’t a rule about swapping out soaps with ones of equal value. The idea that by the time the box gets to you, it might be full of sub-par soaps, and then you have to pay to pass it on would stop me from joining. I would love to join if the LPL soaps and some samples that others threw in are there and then I’d happily pay to pass it on. Maybe I’m wrong, but that could be it

I dunno; the spouse of a top flight artisan soap maker is on the list at #3. I’d sure like to get the box after him. Just sayin’...

8 2,833
 08-10-2018, 06:34 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-10-2018, 06:04 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: What you suggest is one possibility.  Also, some members may have an issue with the shipping cost relative to the value of the soaps.  Despite the shipping cost, it's a great opportunity for those who haven't tried these excellent soaps.

It wasn’t expensive at all. First class postage with tracking was way less than the cost of one new soap (not counting supermarket soaps, of course). It’s just for fun... Life’s unknowns, y’know?

8 2,833
 08-11-2018, 03:40 PM
User Info
(08-10-2018, 04:26 PM)barbe-rouge Wrote: I just put the box into the mail to #2 (Larry). This was my first use of LPL and the soap lived up to all the rave reviews here in the nook. The scents were nice, but a bit reserved to my nose and taste. I didn't notice any patchouli, assuming I would recognize it if I tripped on it - definite cedar, but I didn't get much else.

Thanks, Charlie, I got a chance to test drive some premium soaps and experiment with some of the scents available. Very kind of you to do this.

Dave

Thanks Dave, 

Awaiting anxiously!

0 65
 08-12-2018, 05:07 PM
User Info
(08-10-2018, 06:22 PM)chazt Wrote:

Dave

Dave, thanks for posting your thoughts. I’m glad you enjoyed your turn with the box. My nose round the apricot soap to be more mildly scented compared to the cedar-patchouli. What did you think of the CRSW? I found it multi-layered. Not just a straight orange scent. Complex.
Charlie,
Yes, of the two LPLs the cedar had a more pronounced nose than the apricot. I guess I'm not really surprised at that as cedar is more aromatic than apricots, unless the maker went really heavy with the apricot scent source. And yes I enjoyed the CRSW. Of the 3 it was my favorite and I agree it was not just orange. Had a very nice citrus aroma that had orange out front but not way out front. I doubt I would have liked it as much if it had been only orange.
Dave

1 116
 08-12-2018, 06:54 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Interesting. Have you ever tried Mike’s Lime? To me it’s almost pure lime. The straight fruit scent is very pleasing.

8 2,833
 08-13-2018, 03:46 PM
User Info
Package received and soaps in use. Thanks for the opportunity.

0 65
 08-13-2018, 03:59 PM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 06:54 PM)chazt Wrote: Interesting. Have you ever tried Mike’s Lime? To me it’s almost pure lime. The straight fruit scent is very pleasing.

No, I've not tried it, but I do have a tub! Thanks for making my soap decision for tomorrow for me . I also have a tub of eleven's Sicilian Lemon that I think is very nice. I has a strong lemon scent that is nice for summer.

1 116
 3 hours ago
User Info
(08-10-2018, 04:27 PM)cpool222 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I have an idea why the list might not be longer. I’m afraid it may be the idea of swapping out soaps. Also, there wasn’t a rule about swapping out soaps with ones of equal value. The idea that by the time the box gets to you, it might be full of sub-par soaps, and then you have to pay to pass it on would stop me from joining. I would love to join if the LPL soaps and some samples that others threw in are there and then I’d happily pay to pass it on. Maybe I’m wrong, but that could be it

I didn't see where it says swapping soaps is part of the game.

Chazt, You can remove me from the list, but with appreciation of the invitation.

6 953
 36 minutes ago
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(3 hours ago)Gig103 Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 04:27 PM)cpool222 Wrote: I could be wrong, but I have an idea why the list might not be longer.  I’m afraid it may be the idea of swapping out soaps.  Also, there wasn’t a rule about swapping out soaps with ones of equal value.  The idea that by the time the box gets to you, it might be full of sub-par soaps, and then you have to pay to pass it on would stop me from joining.  I would love to join if the LPL soaps and some samples that others threw in are there and then I’d happily pay to pass it on.  Maybe I’m wrong, but that could be it

I didn't see where it says swapping soaps is part of the game.

Chazt, You can remove me from the list, but with appreciation of the invitation.

sorry ‘bout that - it was in post 3. I guess I should have simply edited the OP.

I’ll remove your name, but will gladly add you back in if you change your mind  Sisi

8 2,833