07-27-2018, 12:03 PM
User Info
Anyone use this razor often? How does it compare to the vintage injectors and artist club style razors?

13 250
 07-28-2018, 06:19 PM
User Info
I use it from time to time but that's the case with all the razors I have, every razor is on a rotation and I have bunch of them. I like the supply and its the V1, the plate I shave with is the 2 dot classic because is the most comfortable and gives me best results for daily shaving. I use the Personna blades. Artist club razors I only have the Razorock Hawk in SS, pretty decent razor difference is the AC blades are on the sharper side vs the Injector Personna and the GEM persona too, I like both the way the perform.

0 269
 07-28-2018, 07:03 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
I use the one dot plate because I shave daily.  This razor is my favorite Schick razor and feels more comfortable than vintage options.  It's also nice to remove the plate for cleaning. No complaints from me.

0 290
 07-28-2018, 07:14 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-27-2018, 12:03 PM)SweetReason Wrote: Anyone use this razor often? How does it compare to the vintage injectors and artist club style razors?

I’ve wondered this myself. The old Schicks work great for me, and I’m open to considering the Supply razor.

8 2,833
 07-29-2018, 03:04 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
I've got all the old Schicks, from A to O, have a Ver.1 Supply Provision and have tried various of the shavette bladed SEs - though of the latter only the ATT SE has made the permanent roster.  I like the true injector format best, the AC/shavette blade is so long as to be somewhat clumsy in spots on my mug.

The Supply shaves like a Schick (I use the Aggressive plate) with the exception that it is much heavier in hand.  This is due to the construction and materials used in the Supply compared to the ofetn flimsey stampings of the Schick Type M, which is my most used injector.

I like the Supply, if you already enjoy the injector format and don't mind the additional weight, the Supply is a huge step up in quality of construction and material from the garden variety Schick, without resorting to the overpricing that is common with many other recent "designer" SS SE azors ..

46 506
 07-29-2018, 10:40 AM
User Info
I also do have the supply injector and I use it as part of the rotation, which includes about a 100 DE's, so I don't really get to shave with it that often. It's my favorite injector razor though and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try injectors for the first time, provided they want a modern one. I now gravitate towards DE's.

0 445
 08-01-2018, 11:50 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-29-2018, 03:04 AM)garyg Wrote: I've got all the old Schicks, from A to O, have a Ver.1 Supply Provision and have tried various of the shavette bladed SEs - though of the latter only the ATT SE has made the permanent roster.  I like the true injector format best, the AC/shavette blade is so long as to be somewhat clumsy in spots on my mug.

The Supply shaves like a Schick (I use the Aggressive plate) with the exception that it is much heavier in hand.  This is due to the construction and materials used in the Supply compared to the ofetn flimsey stampings of the Schick Type M, which is my most used injector.

I like the Supply, if you already enjoy the injector format and don't mind the additional weight, the Supply is a huge step up in quality of construction and material from the garden variety Schick, without resorting to the overpricing that is common with many other recent "designer" SS SE azors ..

Gary, thanks for your thoughts. I have never tried the AC format, and know that I definitely don’t enjoy Gems. I do however enjoy the injector format a lot for its sharpness:comfort:weight:maneuverability ratiofactorosity. I have two Schicks, a G and an I. The Type I hits my sweet spot. I like it as much as any DE razor in my rotation. I’m wondering if the difference in added weight to the injector format (I.e., Supply) would perhaps be more significant than the added weight of stainless steel construction is to the DE format. If so, it would likely be due to the superior sharpness and rigidity of the injector blade. Only one way to find, I suppose. Must put one on the want list.

8 2,833
 08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-29-2018, 10:40 AM)kyproset Wrote: I also do have the supply injector and I use it as part of the rotation, which includes about a 100 DE's, so I don't really get to shave with it that often. It's my favorite injector razor though and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try injectors for the first time, provided they want a modern one. I now gravitate towards DE's.

Do you find the modern SS construction to be vastly superior to the vintage Schicks?

8 2,833
 08-01-2018, 01:27 PM
User Info
(08-01-2018, 11:51 AM)chazt Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 10:40 AM)kyproset Wrote: I also do have the supply injector and I use it as part of the rotation, which includes about a 100 DE's, so I don't really get to shave with it that often. It's my favorite injector razor though and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try injectors for the first time, provided they want a modern one. I now gravitate towards DE's.

Do you find the modern SS construction to be vastly superior to the vintage Schicks?

Well durability wise SS is way stronger, but staining/rusting wise brass is much better, better even than the 316L SS

0 269
 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(08-01-2018, 01:27 PM)bazemk Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 11:51 AM)chazt Wrote:

Well durability wise SS is way stronger, but staining/rusting wise brass is much better, better even than the 316L SS
Interesting. I have some 316L razors, but I've never experienced such problems.

57 2,216
 08-03-2018, 06:02 PM
User Info
(08-01-2018, 01:51 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 01:27 PM)bazemk Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 11:51 AM)chazt Wrote: Do you find the modern SS construction to be vastly superior to the vintage Schicks?

Interesting. I have some 316L razors, but I've never experienced such problems.
Not rusting problems with the 316L but it can attract stain marks if you leave blade in it that will rust. Its just surface stain and nothing will happen to the steel, but for sure copper and brass is way better rust wise that's why we have plumbing using it only except now the pvc plastic that's becoming more popular

0 269