07-28-2018, 01:44 PM
User Info
Well gentlemen...there was a break in the “asylum” I call my home (pregnant wife and five kids), so I went downstairs to shower and shave! I used my Asylum Rx SE razor w/mirror finish and a Kai protouch blade, along with my Czech & Speake No 88 shave soap.

I loaded my TSN LE Semogue Boar, and finished whipping up a very nice lather in my Bonnyman Texas Moss Scuttle. It was a four pass shave with the fourth being for every single possible touch-up at every angle. Zero irritation, and zero stubble anywhere on my face. After I finished, I used the D.R. Harris Rose Aftershave Milk.

I was sitting here watching some show about tiger sharks off of the Galápagos Islands running my hand along my face, and figured I would share. It was a beautiful shave!

The C&S No. 88, as everyone says, is a great shave soap...has that dark/dirty rose fragrance that I like, and it has the residual slickness that I require!

Thumbs up!

Vr

Matt

29 1,356
 07-28-2018, 01:58 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
It is a great soap.  If you have not tried it, try their Oxford & Cambridge.  One of my favorites.

182 25,528
 07-28-2018, 02:35 PM
User Info
Thanks Johnny! Actually, I do have a puck of the Oxford & Cambridge...perhaps I will give it a whirl sometime next week!

I hope that you have a pleasant evening! On this end we just finished dinner, the boys are causing a ruckus, and our bulldog Bella is going nuts outside. She hates when the kids rough house, and likes to herd them.

Ahaha! The joys of it all! ?

Vr

Matt

(07-28-2018, 01:58 PM)Johnny Wrote: It is a great soap.  If you have not tried it, try their Oxford & Cambridge.  One of my favorites.

29 1,356
 07-28-2018, 07:39 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review! Valobra simply makes great soaps.

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 198