07-29-2018, 06:13 AM
User Info
[Image: QUM6pLn.jpg]Trying to eat healthier...no bacon this morning.  The Kerrygold Irish Butter is what ties it all together.  Strong start to the day!  

[Image: libXTd0.jpg]

13 529
 07-29-2018, 08:47 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Pure Kona coffee is the best and strong start to any day. .  Any friend going to Hawaii is required to bring a bag back for me.

9 687
 07-29-2018, 09:26 AM
User Info
Yes of course!

I have similar arrangements for pals that go overseas for different products that cannot be easily found in the U.S., or shipping from out of country is so ridiculous that I won’t pay the costs out of principle!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Vr

Matt

13 529
 07-29-2018, 12:43 PM
User Info
Ols67, I think I hate you! Biggrin  (not really)

I just wish I could eat a breakfast like that today, but I see it as being poison to my body now. I'm envious.

I limit my yolk consumption to no more than 2 yolks per week. I love eggs! Butter? Again, envious. I bought a brick of Finish butter 8 weeks ago and then got my wake up call, so the wife will use it while I watch.

32 6,518
 07-29-2018, 03:51 PM
User Info
Sorry...if it helps, I didn’t really eat lunch, and had to drink red wine with dinner...figure it’s healthy for my heart!

Vr

Matt

PS. Plus my 11 year old son beat me three times today at PIG and he smoked me twice at gin! I was thinking about what reality I was living in!

13 529
 07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
User Info
Nah, no need to feel sorry. (I hope you didn't!) Dang! I could have joined you in the red wine though!

I regularly cook sausage, real eggs, crispy chicken skin,  and beef burgers for others while I eat cardboard. Tasty cardboard, but cardboard nonetheless.

I figure if I want to spit it out it's good for me, and if it tastes good and has good mouth feel, then it's something I need to spit out. That might be a slight exaggeration but that's the way I feel about it. The alternative is to eat it and die in 10-12 years. Probably when I'm too old to taste anything at all I can eat it. Smile

I'm trying to tell you to post as many pictures as you want. I'll live vicariously through them even though I'm going to hate to see them. I watch the cooking shoes and I salivate... I can taste every bite, but it's just not for me in reality (just fantasy) at this time. Eventually I'll partake again, in moderation, basically as a treat. It would be nice if my tastebuds would change but they haven't yet.

32 6,518
 07-30-2018, 07:56 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(07-29-2018, 12:43 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I just wish I could eat a breakfast like that today, but I see it as being poison to my body now. I'm envious.

I limit my yolk consumption to no more than 2 yolks per week. I love eggs! Butter? Again, envious. I bought a brick of Finish butter 8 weeks ago and then got my wake up call, so the wife will use it while I watch.

Question authority.

1 1,272
 07-31-2018, 04:49 AM
User Info
Interesting.

I'm still going to live like a dietary monk until I see my next test numbers, then gauge future actions from that.

32 6,518
 07-31-2018, 01:03 PM
User Info
No worries! I didn’t feel too bad...I did think...he is probably onto something! Thinking healthy. I hope that your numbers come in strong!

Vr

Matt

13 529
 07-31-2018, 02:39 PM
User Info
I didn't want to get into specifics, but since it's mostly over at this time I will now. I'm not looking for sympathy and wasn't 8 weeks ago, that's why only folks sworn to secrecy knew of this. 8ish weeks ago I had a triple bypass. My numbers had been good for decades, but the difference is a genetic predisposition that I didn't know about. I can no longer go by the numbers that others claim as good; mine had been good for decades. Mine need to be much lower, and even then it may not be good enough. Time will tell. I still love eggs and the sides; I simply can't eat them. To me they are poison (at this time). Seductive poison but poison nonetheless. At least until I get my next blood work done, as I already wrote.

The data I have leads me to believe that consuming cholesterol tells the liver to produce more of it, so I'm consuming NO cholesterol, or as close to zero as I can get, to see what happens. The answer will be in the next blood test.

32 6,518
 07-31-2018, 03:05 PM
User Info
Oh man! Glad you came through the surgery alright, and at least you know! Forewarned is forearmed as they say! You and your family will be in my prayers!

Vr

Matt

13 529