07-29-2018, 01:12 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I've read some threads regarding this matter. They changed the printing( they now use laser printing on one side only, the other is blank) on the blade about a year or so ago from what I know, saying that only this has changed and the performance remains the same. But, there are several people on the forums who say that performance has definitely changed for the worst. I watched a video of Geo on this issue saying that he cannot detect any difference between the last and the previous version.

This is not the only change through the years. When I started using them, they had much more glue and sometimes you had to wipe it off, the later ASP had considerably less glue.

Have you tried the last version of this glorious blade? And if so, what do you think about the performance?

57 2,216
 07-29-2018, 01:45 PM
User Info
Feels absolutely the same as my first batch that had ink on both sides of the blade.

People are suspicious by nature, and I think they are nocebo-ing themselves that into the fact that they are different and therefore somehow inferior.

Just my 2 cents. Shave on - they’re still fantastic for a few different scenarios, as they have always been

0 79
 07-30-2018, 08:52 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
What blades are ASP?.....is that Astra or Personna?...or some other brand?

6 2,090
 07-30-2018, 08:53 AM
User Info
(07-30-2018, 08:52 AM)Harvey Wrote: What blades are ASP?.....is that Astra or Personna?...or some other brand?

I assumed he was discussing Astra SP

0 79
 07-30-2018, 11:41 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Astra Superior Platinum blades are called ASP. I should have clarified that.

I have about 1100 of these blades, they're my favorite, so I won't need any of the new soon.

I'd like to try a couple of the new just for the sake of it. I don't believe that performance has actually changed. There is no need for that. They're great as they are.

57 2,216
 08-01-2018, 06:50 PM
User Info
(07-29-2018, 01:12 PM)nikos.a Wrote: ...Have you tried the last version of this glorious blade? And if so, what do you think about the performance?

Nick:
An old Russian proverb is translated, "Trust but verify". Wise, of course!  So I mounted up one of these blades with a sleek and ghost like label in a trustworthy razor to VERIFY that I TRUST it.   Wisdom of Russian proverbs and all...  

Talking Heads would say this blade is "the same as it ever was".  

Thank Gawd.  

Steve

1 152
 08-02-2018, 12:02 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(08-01-2018, 06:50 PM)old school Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 01:12 PM)nikos.a Wrote: ...Have you tried the last version of this glorious blade? And if so, what do you think about the performance?

Nick:
An old Russian proverb is translated, "Trust but verify". Wise, of course!  So I mounted up one of these blades with a sleek and ghost like label in a trustworthy razor to VERIFY that I TRUST it.   Wisdom of Russian proverbs and all...  

Talking Heads would say this blade is "the same as it ever was".  

Thank Gawd.  

Steve
Great, Steve!

57 2,216