08-13-2018, 10:36 AM
User Info
Two weeks ago I would have said B&M Seville. Now unequivocally and without a doubt it's CRSW Glide Colonia Mediteranea. The CRSW is the slickest, creamiest most luxurious shaving soap I have ever had the pleasure of using! I don't even know why CRSW sells a aftershave, it's not needed. The post shave is spectacular and I swear my face feels like I've used a balm after a shave. 

I can't believe I waited so long to give this a shot. CRSW Glide is next level stuff and nothing I've tried has even come close.

0 20
 08-14-2018, 05:36 PM
User Info
Easy. Mitchell's wool fat.

0 55
 08-14-2018, 08:13 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I think I've changed my favorite three times since my original post.  Tongue

38 5,562
 08-14-2018, 09:07 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(08-14-2018, 08:13 PM)evnpar Wrote: I think I've changed my favorite three times since my original post.  Tongue

Laughing1

48 19,564
 08-14-2018, 10:41 PM
User Info
(08-14-2018, 08:13 PM)evnpar Wrote: I think I've changed my favorite three times since my original post.  Tongue

I just changed my favourite again LOL

CRSW Oliva Colonia Mediterranean - I’d rate it a clear 10/10.

And it’s discontinued and supposedly CRSW Glide is faaaar better.....

25 6,248
 08-15-2018, 12:11 PM
User Info
(08-07-2018, 05:38 AM)ischiapp Wrote: Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Black Sp.Ed. 2016
Mother Nature blessed this release.
[Image: image.php?album_id=4&image_id=60523]

This is my choice also.
The all black puck Dolomiti. 
The performance is fantastic like with all SV but the scent just puts me into a trance! I absolutely adore this scent!!

(08-09-2018, 05:57 AM)Steve56 Wrote: This has been an interesting thread! It would be even better if we gave a few words on why we picked what we did - but not a numerical ranking or anything.

For me, many of the better Italian creams would do, but I'd choose Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere because I know the scent is light and unobtrusive enough that I wouldn't loathe it after 2 weeks and turn into a neckbeard. My particular complexion also 'likes' it. Performance-wise, other Italian creams/soaps would do as well.

Cheers, Steve

Choosing a favorite means an assumption it's the only soap I'd ever use so my reasoning is the performance of SV is top tier and dolomiti has the best scent of anything I've ever smelled!!

Technically, based on performance alone, my choice would definitely be MWF but given the neutral (albeit lovely) scent, I can't see myself using it daily.

If I remove the one soap only assumption, MWF would take the #1 spot.

0 102
 08-15-2018, 02:09 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Actually I'd be fine with anything I use. If I didn't like it enough to be ok with it as my only soap it doesn't stay in my rotation period.

8 2,495
 08-15-2018, 04:29 PM
User Info
(08-15-2018, 02:09 PM)Mouser Wrote: Actually I'd be fine with anything I use. If I didn't like it enough to be ok with it as my only soap it doesn't stay in my rotation period.

Agreed! Life is too short to shave with soap you don’t really enjoy!

10 422
 Yesterday, 01:50 AM
User Info
(07-29-2018, 01:57 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: We periodically have "favorite" soap threads.  However, these threads are too easy, because they permit the answer to be a brand, category,  or list.  This  thread requires that you list a SINGLE favorite soap.  In order to post here, you must follow these rules:

1.  You cannot list a brand.  You must list a SINGLE soap within a brand.  Thus, for example, you cannot list "CRSW" or "JabonMan."  Instead you must list "CRSW Olfactory Hue" or "JabonMan Zanzibar."

2.  You cannot list categories of soaps.  Thus, for example, you cannot list soaps with or without "tallow" or "lanolin," or soaps with "citrus scents."

3.  You cannot post a list of your favorite soaps.  No top 3, 5 or 10 allowed.

4.  You cannot post that it's a tie or close call between or among a number of soaps.

Post only a SINGLE specific soap.

Those who fail to abide by these rules will incur a horrific, but yet undetermined, sanction.

SAPONIFICIO VARESINO STELLA ALPINA

0 5