08-01-2018, 06:54 AM
User Info
Good-morning Gentlemen! I have the pleasure of owning both of these shave soaps. They are both made by American Artisians, are both Creed Aventus clones for fragrance, they are both very reasonably priced, and they both smell amazing! In addition, they both have amazing lather, cushion, and residual slickness!

They are neck and neck, but I have to give the nod to Stirling’s Executive Man shave soap because the price is slightly better, and the residual slickness edges out the Captains Choice Venture by the slightest of margins!

That being said, the Captains Choice Venture Aftershave Balm destroys the Stirling Aftershave Balm...for my face, and in my opinion.

The key takeaway I offer, is that everyone should try these two soaps...Stirling lovers should try Captains Choice, and Captains Choice lovers should try Stirling!

Both get two thumbs up!

Vr

Matt

PS. For comparison in the residual slickness category, these two soaps beat klar seifen, and are on the same level with Cold River Soap Works Glide. However the CRSW Glide produces a nicer lather in my opinion.

5 261
 08-12-2018, 12:57 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I'm not familiar with Sterling.....There I said it. But have read so much that now I must find it.

0 65
 08-12-2018, 01:14 PM
User Info
I am glad that you are looking into Stirling...the performance is amazing, and the price is right...it’s top tier shave soap...all the way!

Vr

Matt

5 261
 08-12-2018, 02:44 PM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 01:14 PM)Ols67 Wrote: I am glad that you are looking into Stirling...the performance is amazing, and the price is right...it’s top tier shave soap...all the way!

Vr

Matt

100% in agreement!

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 127
 08-12-2018, 06:00 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've not used the Stirling or Captain's Choice soaps in the Aventus scent, but I've used a sample of the Venture shaving cream. It's very impressive, as is the other non-soap Aventus-copy I've used and enjoyed, Fine Platinum aftershave. On the soap front, I like the Aventus copy from WSP Formula T, called "Olympus." It's a high-performing soap worth checking out...

10 530
 08-13-2018, 02:26 AM
User Info
Thanks! I will definitely give the WSP aventus Clone a try!

Vr

Matt

5 261