08-04-2018, 02:14 PM
User Info
Gents,

Hello!  So I took another random shot and bought a Lather Bros soap called Calle Ocho.  The fragrance is that of Guava, Tobacco, and Papaya.  It is a really nice scent, more fruity...with a hint of tobacco/cigar scent...just a hint, which makes it more pleasant to me!

The lather that is produced this morning was excellent, it provided good protection, cushion, and okay slickness.  I would say that in my opinion it is in the same tier as razorock shave soaps, but just a little better in each category.  

I paired it with the razorock puros aftershave, and it was a very complimentary match!

All in all, strong shave soap that I am glad I bought.  I will post lather pictures the next time I use it.

Vr

Matt

13 527
 08-05-2018, 01:18 AM
User Info
yeah, Lather Bros do produce an excellent soap..  Heart

0 413
 08-05-2018, 03:29 PM
User Info
Matt, I was not familiar with LatherBros until your post.  The Calle Ocho named intrigued me.  I live in Miami.  Calle Ocho, which means 8th Street, is a Cuban-American area of Miami.  It's also known as Little Havana.  I checked the website and indeed, LatherBros is based in Miami.  It's interesting that I'm learning about this from you, and I live here.

These soaps are tallow based, with Stearic Acid as the first ingredient.  I expect they lather very well, even in Miami's hard water.  We'll look forward to your lather shots and further thoughts on the soap as you use it.

53 8,212
 08-06-2018, 03:32 PM
User Info
(08-05-2018, 03:29 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Matt, I was not familiar with LatherBros until your post.  The Calle Ocho named intrigued me.  I live in Miami.  Calle Ocho, which means 8th Street, is a Cuban-American area of Miami.  It's also known as Little Havana.  I checked the website and indeed, LatherBros is based in Miami.  It's interesting that I'm learning about this from you, and I live here.

These soaps are tallow based, with Stearic Acid as the first ingredient.  I expect they lather very well, even in Miami's hard water.  We'll look forward to your lather shots and further thoughts on the soap as you use it.

Ricardo...I used the Stirling Almond Creme and finished it off with Chella Cool AS this morning...it was an incredible shave with the oneblade genesis! I will probably get some pictures of a Calle Ocho lather tomorrow! I wonder if they would let you tour where they make the soaps? That would be pretty interesting!

Have a pleasant evening!

Vr

Matt

13 527
 08-07-2018, 07:06 AM
User Info
 08-07-2018, 07:08 AM
User Info
That was from a vigorous 30 second loading of the brush...15 seconds clockwise...15 seconds counterclockwise...and I have hard water as well!

13 527
 08-07-2018, 08:13 AM
User Info
Nice lather shots!

53 8,212
 08-19-2018, 02:58 PM
User Info
Anybody else got any feedback on Lather Bros?

15 623
 10-16-2018, 12:19 PM
User Info
I was going through some of my kit, and opened this to smell it again! What a great scent...guess what shave soap I am using for tomorrow’s shave!

Vr

Matt

13 527