08-10-2018, 03:44 PM
User Info
REVIEW RAW SHAVING RS10 RAZOR
I just did my first shave with this razor and I had both plates, mild and more aggressive. I own practically every high-end razor there is and it is as good as any razor on the market today. I used my favorite blade the Persona tungsten 74 and I got an incredible shave. I usually like a smooth and very efficient razor and usually mild razors do not do this. The aggressive plate was smooth and extremely efficient and the mild plate was smoother and almost as efficient. Also even if a person loves a mild razor they can use both plates without a problem. As far as presentation and packaging goes it is probably in my opinion the best on the market. If you are looking for a wonderful razor with options and have the money for it I definitely recommend you purchasing this one. Also Avi, the founder and designer of this razor is wonderful to do business with and extremely accommodating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Image: aea0e14b70b76668b8976cadea2cec35.jpg][Image: 77ec4d7741f93f4121bd2d37793c90dc.jpg][Image: 51ecfa51d0d88eae4d284ea967deb0c4.jpg][Image: 0edc68aef37ebd1bf6e6b27725a9569e.jpg][Image: 5bc2dce5ef35c6e6d7d4a1e0a2f6d38d.jpg][Image: 9fc0532ac9a8e26e3f29809a099baa46.jpg]

26 760
 08-10-2018, 04:16 PM
User Info
Mine is on the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 275
 08-10-2018, 04:18 PM
User Info
(08-10-2018, 04:16 PM)Bobusa Wrote: Mine is on the way

Enjoy the razor it's wonderful

26 760
 08-10-2018, 09:53 PM
User Info
If you have in your collection the Blackbird how would you compare RS10 to it.  What I’m trying to get is if you have to choose between the two now and pick only one, which is going to be.  I have this dilemma and I’ll appreciate your thoughts on this.  My preference will go to the milder and smoother one.

0 6
 08-10-2018, 09:59 PM
User Info
The Blackbird is a wonderful razor but if I had to choose it would definitely be the RS10. It is probably smoother and just as or more efficient and also you could get two plates
(08-10-2018, 09:53 PM)Martini Wrote: If you have in your collection the Blackbird how would you compare RS10 to it.  What I’m trying to get is if you have to choose between the two now and pick only one, which is going to be.  I have this dilemma and I’ll appreciate your thoughts on this.  My preference will go to the milder and smoother one.

26 760
 08-11-2018, 03:01 AM
User Info
I received mine yesterday evening and the presentation and packaging is 2nd to no one. Pictures do not do justice to how unique and sharp looking the top cap is, and the handle is well balanced with great grip and feel. I want to get a few shaves under my belt with a few different blades before I post a review, but I will say this is a very smooth razor even ATG with the mid aggressive A plate. My first impressions are very positive.

10 244
 08-11-2018, 04:39 AM
User Info
Great review and the pictures are outstanding

135 13,625
 08-11-2018, 05:45 AM
User Info
I had my first shave with the A plate this morning, and it was outstanding.  A little blade feel (just enough), but a very smooth and comfortable shave.  More importantly, the results were terrific.  A beautifully made razor that doesn't disappoint.  Photos truly don't do it justice.  I'll be curious to use the other base plate later in the week.

It's an expensive razor, and some of that money is in the packaging, which is probably the best in the business.  Because I bought this razor for myself and will be keeping it, I'll likely never use that beautiful presentation again.  So I could probably do with a less elaborate presentation if that would save a few bucks.  But it's part of an overall package that screams quality.  That would mean nothing if the shave weren't outstanding, but it is.

Is it worth the $325?  That's an individual judgment, but I'll tell you this after only one shave:  I'm keeping this razor.

BTW:  My email interaction with Avi suggested to me that this is a company that really cares about what it's up to.

12 254
 08-11-2018, 06:03 AM
User Info
(08-11-2018, 05:45 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I had my first shave with the A plate this morning, and it was outstanding.  A little blade feel (just enough), but a very smooth and comfortable shave.  More importantly, the results were terrific.  A beautifully made razor that doesn't disappoint.  Photos truly don't do it justice.  I'll be curious to use the other base plate later in the week.

It's an expensive razor, and some of that money is in the packaging, which is probably the best in the business.  Because I bought this razor for myself and will be keeping it, I'll likely never use that beautiful presentation again.  So I could probably do with a less elaborate presentation if that would save a few bucks.  But it's part of an overall package that screams quality.  That would mean nothing if the shave weren't outstanding, but it is.

Is it worth the $325?  That's an individual judgment, but I'll tell you this after only one shave:  I'm keeping this razor.

BTW:  My email interaction with Avi suggested to me that this is a company that really cares about what it's up to.
I must agree that Avi has been wonderful to work with. His response to many of my questions have been unbelievabley fast and he even followed up to see how I liked it.

10 244
 08-11-2018, 06:21 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Beautiful razor and the presentation top shelf

0 54
 08-11-2018, 07:43 AM
User Info
Excellent photos and review..
Thks for sharing..

25 331
 08-11-2018, 08:28 AM
User Info
Yes! Excellent review...thanks for sharing the photos and your thoughts! I am going to add this to the list!

Vr

Matt

5 236
 08-11-2018, 11:09 AM
User Info
I received my RS10 last night here are a few of the unboxing pics. I had my inaugural shave last night and it was very smooth shaving. I want to get about 5 or so shaves in before I post a full review but here are some pics.[Image: WLy0Bz9.jpg][Image: RwVDYxL.jpg][Image: iYkAJii.jpg][Image: ogiB1Bp.jpg][Image: gldaqW6.jpg][Image: cNn53Z8.jpg]

10 244
 08-11-2018, 11:17 AM
User Info
Beautiful.

0 90
 08-12-2018, 08:21 AM
User Info
Gorgeous razor! I’ve been communicating with Avi and, like others, he has been very helpful and quick to respond. I will add my thoughts once the razor arrives.

Also, excellent review!

1 24
 Yesterday, 06:29 PM
User Info
I have 5 shaves in with the RS10, and I have used the A (mid aggressive plate) for 3 Shaves and the milder plate for 2. I usually prefer a more efficient razor ie Timeless .95, Charcoal Goods Level 2 or 3, Karve F plate and have never had a good shave with a Feather DE blade as I usually find it harsh. I used a Feather at the owners recommendation in the mild base and it was extremely smooth and I was able to get a 3 pass BBS. There was very little blade feel and the razor was easy to maneuver. I then used an Astra SP, Feather and finally a Kai in the A plate. The Astra was very smooth but after my normal 3 pass I still needed to do some touch ups. The Feather was just as smooth and gave me a 2 pass BBS needing only to touch up my difficult spot on each side of my Adam’s apple. Tonight I used the Kai blade and with one pass, using my friend Frank’s SSSTT ATG and a touch up around my Adam’s apple I was BBS. I am a daily shaver Sun thru Thursday night and I shaved 5 consecutive days with this razor without any irritation. This is an expensive razor but the results are very impressive. I would put this razor right near the top of all my razors and it is the only one, of the ones I own, that I can use a Feather blade in comfortably. [Image: 35Ld4Fc.jpg]

10 244
 Yesterday, 08:09 PM
User Info
Excellent reviews for a new, beautiful razor! Thank you all for sharing your opinions.

0 29
 Yesterday, 08:13 PM
User Info
(Yesterday, 06:29 PM)Shavemd Wrote: I have 5 shaves in with the RS10, and I have used the A (mid aggressive plate) for 3 Shaves and the milder plate for 2. I usually prefer a more efficient razor ie Timeless .95, Charcoal Goods Level 2 or 3, Karve F plate and have never had a good shave with a Feather DE blade as I usually find it harsh. I used a Feather at the owners recommendation in the mild base and it was extremely smooth and I was able to get a 3 pass BBS. There was very little blade feel and the razor was easy to maneuver. I then used an Astra SP, Feather and finally a Kai in the A plate. The Astra was very smooth but after my normal 3 pass I still needed to do some touch ups. The Feather was just as smooth and gave me a 2 pass BBS needing only to touch up my difficult spot on each side of my Adam’s apple. Tonight I used the Kai blade and with one pass, using my friend Frank’s SSSTT ATG and a touch up around my Adam’s apple I was BBS. I am a daily shaver Sun thru Thursday night and I shaved 5 consecutive days with this razor without any irritation. This is an expensive razor but the results are very impressive. I would put this razor right near the top of all my razors and it is the only one, of the ones I own, that I can use a Feather blade in comfortably. [Image: 35Ld4Fc.jpg]
I agree with you it was like the feather blade was made for this razor. it's so smooth and efficient in the mild plate but even more efficient and smooth with the aggressive plate. I have the similar taste as you do as I love the .95 timeless charcoal Goods level 2 and 3 and I will add the Paradigm ti1 and ti2 with the Blackbird Tatara and Rocnel Elite 2.0 to that list. The RS10 is as good as any of those razors it's not a matter of what's better than anything it's just there's a difference between each of the razors that I mentioned above

26 760
 4 hours ago
User Info
(Yesterday, 06:29 PM)Shavemd Wrote: I have 5 shaves in with the RS10, and I have used the A (mid aggressive plate) for 3 Shaves and the milder plate for 2. I usually prefer a more efficient razor ie Timeless .95, Charcoal Goods Level 2 or 3, Karve F plate and have never had a good shave with a Feather DE blade as I usually find it harsh. I used a Feather at the owners recommendation in the mild base and it was extremely smooth and I was able to get a 3 pass BBS. There was very little blade feel and the razor was easy to maneuver. I then used an Astra SP, Feather and finally a Kai in the A plate. The Astra was very smooth but after my normal 3 pass I still needed to do some touch ups. The Feather was just as smooth and gave me a 2 pass BBS needing only to touch up my difficult spot on each side of my Adam’s apple. Tonight I used the Kai blade and with one pass, using my friend Frank’s SSSTT ATG and a touch up around my Adam’s apple I was BBS. I am a daily shaver Sun thru Thursday night and I shaved 5 consecutive days with this razor without any irritation. This is an expensive razor but the results are very impressive. I would put this razor right near the top of all my razors and it is the only one, of the ones I own, that I can use a Feather blade in comfortably. [Image: 35Ld4Fc.jpg]
Mark my friend as always an Excellent review and that razor keeps impressing you and I can't wait to try it in my Shave Off. I like that shaving bowl as well. What brand is it?

0 232
 3 hours ago
User Info
Thank you my friend, with your technique I was amazed to be able to do a one pass ATG shave on one day stubble. The bowl is from symmetrical pottery on Etsy. The brush is an excellent stone brush from Bob Quinn

10 244