01-02-2019, 11:30 AM
User Info
thanks very much!

0 116
 01-02-2019, 06:03 PM
User Info
Thanks to LOOT I got to try a Wolfman WR2 1.25 gap. I compared it to my RS10 with the aggressive plate.
PreShave Hot Shower
Blade Feather first use
Soap Hendrix Classic
Brush That Darn Rob w/Declaration B4
AS Thayers and Mikes Natural Lavender
First Pass
WTG Since the Wolfie was a Dual comb I did a couple of strokes with the OC side but noticed a lot more blade feel than I am used to with my RS10 so I switched to the SB side. There was still a little more blade feel still but less then OC. Both razors took down 36 hours of growth without any problem and both were very smooth.
Second pass
XTG Both Razors were extremely smooth with this pass and there was slightly more blade feel with the WR2. Rinse and feel the Wolfie was near BBS except for a small area under my jawline and the RS10 had 2 spots under my jawline and near the Adam’s Apple.
Third pass
ATG Both Razors handled ATG with smoothness and no chatter giving me a true BBS shave
The RS10 has a wonderful finish but the Wolfman is still one step up, it is like looking into a mirror. The RS10 has slightly less blade feel but the Wolfman was a step up in efficiency. Both of these razors gave me a wonderful irritation free shave. If you like a little blade feel the Wolfman wins and if efficiency is your bottom line the Wolfman was a winner by a hair or 2, but if you like a smooth shave with little blade feel then the RS10 is the way to go. The RS10 is readily available and ,if your like me, the Wolfman is a tough find. I loved both razors but unfortunately I have to send the Wolfman back.

21 361
 01-05-2019, 05:48 AM
User Info
Gents,

I had a shave before I went to sleep last night. I used Santa Maria Novella Cream, my trusty Winston Paladin Brush, Sara Bonnyman Texas Scuttle, the RS-10 Razor, and a Gillette Silver Blue Blade! The aftershave that I used was Barrister and Mann Lavender Reserve.

As you can imagine it was fantastic in every regard! However, I think that the combination of the Gillette Silver Blue Blade in the RS-10 is what REALLY put it over the top! I have been experimenting with the various blades in this razor, and so far the GSB has been head and shoulders above the rest!

I hope that everyone has a nice weekend!

Vr

Matt

13 601
 01-05-2019, 06:50 AM
User Info
(01-05-2019, 05:48 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

I had a shave before I went to sleep last night. I used Santa Maria Novella Cream, my trusty Winston Paladin Brush, Sara Bonnyman Texas Scuttle, the RS-10 Razor, and a Gillette Silver Blue Blade! The aftershave that I used was Barrister and Mann Lavender Reserve.

As you can imagine it was fantastic in every regard! However, I think that the combination of the Gillette Silver Blue Blade in the RS-10 is what REALLY put it over the top! I have been experimenting with the various blades in this razor, and so far the GSB has been head and shoulders above the rest!

Vr

Matt

How does it compare to a Feather in the A plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,225
 01-05-2019, 08:46 AM
User Info
Actually, very interesting question! The RS-10 with the more aggressive plate is much more efficient than the feather AS-D2, much easier to get the optimum angle, and it is ALMOST as smooth.

However, in my opinion nothing tames a feather blade like the Feather AS-D2!

That being said, I would reach for the RS-10 over the AS-D2 every day of the week! No doubt about it!

Vr

Matt

(01-05-2019, 06:50 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 05:48 AM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

Vr

Matt

How does it compare to a Feather in the A plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 601
 01-05-2019, 04:28 PM
User Info
I can honestly say I was never a fan of the feather blade until I got the RS10. It smooths out the feather like no other razor I have used, even with the aggressive plate it is a very smooth efficient shave.

21 361
 01-09-2019, 04:01 PM
User Info
Just received an email from Avi regarding the Ti Rs-10.

Looks like production will go ahead soon pending payment of a deposit from people who signed up. The numbers have reached 55. All razors will be numbered.

0 122