08-10-2018, 05:57 PM
User Info
Hello folks-

I am close to pulling the trigger on my first Paladin brush. I was curious about the 2CLSB5 knots offered.

I have read the descriptions on the Paladin site but was looking further descriptions in regards to softness, scritch, scrub, flow through, etc.

Thanks in advance.

10 422
 08-11-2018, 06:57 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Pull the trigger !!

My Purple Haze brush has the SB5 knot and a favorite.  I tend to like soft tips, no scritch, medium backbone.  I recall smiling and being impressed with the first shave.  I have no problem with B/S/T on brushes not meeting my criteria. 

I also like some of the newer knots - just purchased 2 from the Specail Disco release in July.  I can literally feel "weight gain" when soaking the brush - really soaks up the water.  The SB5 is also good in that respect.

9 625
 08-12-2018, 04:58 AM
User Info
The knot in my Paladin round table SE has incredible hooked tips , with a gel type soft face feel. Medium density with the best flow through I have experienced in a badger knot. The bulb shape provides a medium backbone so there is a scrub sensation while lathering circular and cloud like while painting.

76 1,662
 08-12-2018, 05:12 AM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 04:58 AM)ultra~nova Wrote: The knot in my Paladin round table SE has incredible hooked tips , with a gel type soft face feel. Medium density with the best flow through I have experienced in a badger knot. The bulb shape provides a medium backbone so there is a scrub sensation while lathering circular and cloud like while painting.

Totally agree with the above- probably my favorite knot/hair ever.

17 786
 08-12-2018, 06:42 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I've just discovered these brushes. They look fantastic. Will have to search the web now to learn more about the Paladin story.

0 71
 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 04:58 AM)ultra~nova Wrote: The knot in my Paladin round table SE has incredible hooked tips , with a gel type soft face feel. Medium density with the best flow through I have experienced in a badger knot. The bulb shape provides a medium backbone so there is a scrub sensation while lathering circular and cloud like while painting.

What knot code is in the Paladin round table SE?

2 189
 08-12-2018, 11:39 AM
User Info
(08-12-2018, 11:15 AM)discerningbev Wrote:

What knot code is in the Paladin round table SE?

It’s an SE5 but was mentioned to be similar to the D5 I believe I read somewhere. They are very special and Ken has done a tremendous job with getting these knots to where they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76 1,662
 5 hours ago
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
Agreed. Ken has done a great job about being meticulous with his knot selection and it is showing in the final product; stellar quality!

60 682
 42 minutes ago
User Info
Absolutely wonderful knots

[Image: PBJUWSd.jpg]

17 786