08-21-2018, 02:10 AM
User Info
In my ongoing struggle to learn more, I suddenly found myself wondering.

We all "know" what a beehive brush should look like - I think - and a term like a vase conjures up a mental image. But is there any generally accepted names that goes with the other shapes a handle can take? If someone have a list of names, preferable with illustrations,t that would be most enlightening for me... and perhaps others too Smile

3 7,265
 08-21-2018, 05:59 AM
  • Rufus
  • Senior Member
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Take a look at Simpson’s web site and Brad Sears’ web site, both have names for their handles. Shavemac and Thater on the other hand use a numbering system. Of course there are many other brush makers who “name” their handles.

9 1,166
 08-21-2018, 07:02 AM
  • SCOV
  • Senior Member
  • Minnesota
User Info
Good luck with the list as it seems the "common name" may go back 50+ years. 

There are gentlemen artisian brush makers here that reference the original design in their handles (Brad Sears and Paladin for example - probably others also).  Some even keep the name if not in production currently.

17 967
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)