08-25-2018, 08:34 PM
User Info
I'm not sure who has seen the post on another shave forum. I just wanted to warn everyone In this wonderful community about Derrick Miller. He is a scam artist preying on trusting wet shavers. His MO has been to contact the listers of wtb Ads and claiming he had the item. Sending pictures that are not his and asking for friends and family payments, with very little feedback if any and brand new accounts. He has created different accounts and unfortunately took some of our members For a lot of money. Please lets police this and not let it happen here. This is a wonderful community let's keep it that way!

19 124
 08-25-2018, 08:56 PM
User Info
Thanks for the heads-up.  This shows the importance of never sending PayPal Friends and Family payments.

60 10,479
 08-25-2018, 10:05 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(08-25-2018, 08:56 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for the heads-up.  This shows the importance of never sending PayPal Friends and Family payments.

It sure does...especially when paying someone who is neither friend nor family.

53 21,617
 08-25-2018, 10:21 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I have no problem with sending F&F if that person has been around on the forums for a long time as a active member or has a good trade evaluation (although one did turn on us a few years ago after helping out people with great stuff for years). I don't mind paying the fee, that way I'm protected.

39 1,621
 08-26-2018, 05:12 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Forgive my ignorance. How is the above mentioned F&F different from PayPal.me?

19 4,412
 08-26-2018, 09:28 AM
User Info
Paypal.me is just a way to create a link with your name in it, so people recognize where the money is going. It’s the equivalent of PayPal.chazt
Paying for goods and services carries PayPal’s buyer protection, friends & family doesn’t. Whether you open PayPal and enter the email address yourself, or use PayPal.me - you still can choose the ‘goods and services’ option.

36 2,138
 08-26-2018, 09:30 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-26-2018, 09:28 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Paypal.me is just a way to create a link with your name in it, so people recognize where the money is going. It’s the equilivent of PayPal.chazt
Paying for goods and services carries PayPal’s buyer protection, friends & family doesn’t. Whether you open PayPal and enter the email address yourself, or use PayPal.me - you still can choose the ‘goods and services’ option.

Good explanation. Thanks, Mike.

19 4,412
 09-12-2018, 10:12 AM
User Info
This illustrates the importance of not doing such business with folks who have a new account (including me).  When I do BST on forums, I tend to only want to deal with members with some longevity and who I see are very active on the forum.

2 131