Poll: I face lather and..........
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 09-01-2018, 07:47 AM
User Info
I started my wet shaving journey with proraso cream before switching to soaps /croaps etc.

It was a great experience after having used foam, gels all the previous years, but it was short lived since I moved to soaps after that.

I felt the difference immediately, night and day for me ( though I didn't use too many creams) when I used a shave soap for the first time.

For last 2 yrs I have been using soaps, croaps sometimes and have never looked back.

For me, soap all the way. I only face lather btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1,261
 09-02-2018, 01:41 AM
User Info
(09-01-2018, 01:27 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 11:35 PM)challer Wrote: I too now only face lather. For me its Castle Forbes all the way. I get much better results compared to soaps.

For how long have you shaved using a brush and a cream/soap, if I may ask ?

About five years. I know you collect and like variety. I’ve been trying to optimize/simplify. Every now and then I try something different but usually I’m disappointed. Only two razors (mongoose g2 and as-d2), 4 blades (feather de, feather pro, med preps, schick se). I have four HMW knots in the same handle.

1 59
 09-04-2018, 11:40 PM
User Info
I use cream mainly, switching between Proraso green and white and different Taylor of Old Bond Streets.

Seldom use soap - I just can't seem to get the hang out of the lathering.

4 249
 09-05-2018, 08:07 AM
User Info
(09-04-2018, 11:40 PM)LithiumDawn Wrote: I use cream mainly, switching between Proraso green and white and different Taylor of Old Bond Streets.

Seldom use soap - I just can't seem to get the hang out of the lathering.

You sound like me 5+ years ago.

Solution for me was:

1. Load more than you think. Load far more than you think.
2. Use a great soap to start out with and not just a good one.
3. Put some tepid water on top of the entire surface of the soap and let it soak for at least 10 minutes before you hit the soap with your wet brush.

25 6,657