09-26-2018, 09:50 PM
User Info
(09-26-2018, 08:43 PM)Smooth Steve Wrote: I enjoy using the PAA mentholated cube.  It is very slick, but I agree that a good soap does not require additional slickness.  I really only use it to add the additional cooling effect - especially with soaps that do not have any.  It is not necessary but just prefer enhanced cooler shaves.  Oils have done nothing for me.
Steve
You do know you can purchase menthol crystals, you can add to anything, right? I think I bought 4 oz for 5 bucks or less. Just a couple of the crystals is MORE than enough for a 100ml bottle of aftershave, and that is like a sprinkle of salt out of a salt shaker amount, if that makes sense lol

8 410
 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM
User Info
I recently wrote a blog about the benefits of a pre-shave oil. My consensus...pre-shave oils are nice and offer you a way to be a little more luxurious. If you get in-grown hairs often, razor burn, or feel a lot of irritation when you shave, it might be time to invest in a solid pre-shave oil. In the end, a pre-shave oil lubricates your facial hair and preps your skin so it is moisturized and ready to be shaved. While it might allow you to get a closer shave with less irritation, you might also just want to invest in a better shave soap or get a new razor. However, if you want the extra luxury and you have the $$, why not invest in a new product! 

Blog on Pre-Shave Oil

9 3,054
 10-03-2018, 02:45 AM
User Info
Im down to soap and water as my pre shave

0 30