09-05-2018, 06:44 PM
User Info
I'm needing some suggestions for shaving soaps and creams that have 100% all-natural ingredients and are also 100% vegan (all vegetable/plants)ingredients. "Organic" is a bonus characteristic. Thank you for any help.

0 111
 09-05-2018, 06:51 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Barbara Soaps in Oregon. Not sure I can share the link on here but they are definitely made with veggies

0 344
 09-06-2018, 01:22 PM
User Info
(09-05-2018, 06:44 PM)punchy Wrote: I'm needing some suggestions for shaving soaps and creams that have 100% all-natural ingredients and are also 100% vegan (all vegetable/plants)ingredients. "Organic" is a bonus characteristic. Thank you for any help.

I don't know if that's possible (spoilage) Nancy Boy has a lot of natural stuff. No parabens, etc.etc.  Spoils after about 6 months, I've read.
I keep it in the fridge..... Wink

0 861
 09-06-2018, 03:04 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Meissner Tremonia
Baume.be
Muhle Organic
Esbjerg
Fitjar Islands

174 1,600
 09-06-2018, 10:45 PM
User Info
All Saponificio Varesino soaps are vegetal based with no Palm or mineral oils, no parabens, no preservatives. Great lather with slickness and cushion. The scents are outstanding as well.

0 57
 09-07-2018, 04:13 AM
User Info
OK....Let's talk "ORGANIC"... Arsenic is all natural & organic. A soap maker can/will list ingredients that ARE natural
and then list Fragrance or Perfume, there goes the natural and vegan out the window. Now, I L-O-V-E
Saponifico Varesino,I have all of them, but they have two ingredients(many soaps do) you should Google,
Limonene, Linalool.....these two, I BELIEVE, cause many people irritation, to some degree.
Baume.be was suggested, I've read great things about the C-R-E-A-M, I bought the hard soap, not the same, not
good at all. Now, for a 100% ALL NATURAL....VEGAN cream...….NANCY BOY. It's great stuff too, not to hot on the
smell, smells like cukes and basil to me, but not strong, fades fast.NANCY BOY Replenishing Shave Cream.
You will thank me for it...…. Cheers

0 861
 09-07-2018, 05:39 AM
  • Nero
User Info
No one puts arsenic in their soap, so I'm not sure what your point is. He's obviously talking about organic oils (coconut, palm, tallow, etc.) and scents.
Organic oils have nothing to do with arsenic.

82 3,455
 09-07-2018, 05:40 AM
  • Nero
User Info
"Organic" ingredients means they're grown with TOTALLY natural materials, like the way Earth was for billions of years... the environment that humans and all life EVOLVED in.

82 3,455
 09-07-2018, 05:45 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
You can find soaps that meet your criteria for the fats part of it, but soap is fat saponified with lye, usually either/or sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide. Properly made soaps exhaust all of the lye, but I doubt the raw lye product is either natural or organic, though you can make lye by dripping water through wood ash. That said, there are many EU soaps with a bio designation, so the initial lye is obviously not counted.

Martin de Candre would be a choice, though I do not know the sorce of the stearic acid.

Cheers, Steve

7 621
 09-07-2018, 06:31 AM
User Info
(09-07-2018, 05:39 AM)Nero Wrote: No one puts arsenic in their soap, so I'm not sure what your point is. He's obviously talking about organic oils (coconut, palm, tallow, etc.) and scents.
Organic oils have nothing to do with arsenic.

Arsenic is natural, vegan, organic....It doesn't mean it's good for you because it is vegan or natural . Some things in some soaps are not good items.
Especially in the fragrances added. That's the point. Also some of the ingredients that can/are used for saponification are not the best choices for 
all customers (allergy sufferers)

0 861
 09-07-2018, 07:26 AM
  • Nero
User Info
That's true. But again we are talking about soaps (oils) ... Not hydrochloric acid which is also organic.

82 3,455
 09-07-2018, 12:42 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Arsenic is certainly not organic, it is a metal/metalloid and the chemical meaning of organic is containing carbon compounds.

Cheers, Steve

7 621
 09-07-2018, 01:11 PM
User Info
(09-07-2018, 12:42 PM)Steve56 Wrote: Arsenic is certainly not organic, it is a metal/metalloid and the chemical meaning of organic is containing carbon compounds.

Cheers, Steve
If you wish to be anal and exact.....be it. I think that you ARE probably intelligent enough to understand/comprehend my meaning.
Many things stated as ALL NATURAL. Many things stated as being ALL VEGETABLE. Many things stated as being ORGANIC, may contain
substances that are not good for many people. There can be undefined fragrances, fillers, processing "by-products" etc. that are not 
recognized by the final manufacturer. Such as Linalool and Limonene, which an estimated 7% of the population has a topical irritation
to these ingredients in varying degrees......There could be more, these I know of, along with Almond oil.

0 861
 09-07-2018, 01:49 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info

Cheers, Steve

7 621
 09-07-2018, 01:58 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Taylor of Old bond Street also has an Organic shaving cream.Very light scent and I like it.

93 7,344
 09-07-2018, 03:27 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Educational post in many ways.

My favorite cream is Fitjar Islands Slåtterøy - nice to know their products are vegan-friendly.  Most people call their cream a "croap" if that helps.  Seems many soap artisians have a vegan offering.

9 690
 09-07-2018, 04:02 PM
User Info
(09-07-2018, 03:27 PM)SCOV Wrote: Educational post in many ways.

Yeah if nothing else I’ve learned what the definition of organic is!

87 1,525
 09-07-2018, 04:24 PM
User Info
There is an issue here as to the definition of a vegan soap.  The absence of tallow does not necessarily make a soap vegan.  There are soaps which are characterized as vegan, including some suggested in this thread, which contain stearic acid.  Stearic acid is a fatty acid which can be derived from animal or plant fats.  If you see stearic acid in the ingredients, you have no way of knowing whether it's animal or plant based.  Some vegans may be fine with a derivative of animal fats, others may not.

I prefer tallow soaps.  When I consider a non tallow soap, I always look for stearic acid in the ingredients.  I have found that all the non tallow soaps which lather well in Miami's hard water have stearic acid.  If you are fine with stearic acid, Sampson's Natural Soap is excellent and has only six natural ingredients.

[Image: 3HHZkZL.jpg]

53 8,300
 09-07-2018, 06:42 PM
User Info
Wickham Soap Company is an all vegetal shaving soap. Says parfum in the ingredients list so, I can’t say it’s 100% all natural or not. It’s a great soap either way....

1 239