09-11-2018, 01:28 PM
User Info
Hi all!

I am on the list and trying to make my mind up on a metal and finish. I already have a level one in antique brass. I know I want the level 2 solid bar with the magnum handle.

I’m debating on the antique copper finish. Can anyone who has copper with the antique finish be so kind as to post some photos to aid in my decision?

Thanks!

11 195
 09-11-2018, 03:56 PM
User Info
Copper is on the right. Put it next to the Brass to compare. Hope this helps. 
[Image: U0agLH0.jpg][Image: W1CF3ov.jpg]

17 332
 09-11-2018, 04:03 PM
User Info
(09-11-2018, 03:56 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Copper is on the right. Put it next to the Brass to compare. Hope this helps. 
[Image: U0agLH0.jpg][Image: W1CF3ov.jpg]
It does. I think that copper will add some variety to my collection. Thanks for sharing.

11 195
 09-12-2018, 01:41 PM
User Info
I have the CG Bright Copper set and an Wolfman polished bronze set because I like the shiny.  I've let the CG set start to turn colors. It stays in the bathroom in the stand to help the process.  I've also noted the copper stinky penny smell from time to time. 

The WR1 bronze hasn't been used a whole lot, cleaned/wiped dry and never stored in humidity.  While it has changed color, it still maintains the majority of the shine.

In my limited experience the copper is more maintenance to keep shiny.  I've lusted for the polished copper WR1 but the CG has me reconsidering.  I'll likely go brass instead.

2 76
 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM
User Info
(09-12-2018, 01:41 PM)LOOT Wrote: I have the CG Bright Copper set and an Wolfman polished bronze set because I like the shiny.  I've let the CG set start to turn colors. It stays in the bathroom in the stand to help the process.  I've also noted the copper stinky penny smell from time to time. 

The WR1 bronze hasn't been used a whole lot, cleaned/wiped dry and never stored in humidity.  While it has changed color, it still maintains the majority of the shine.

In my limited experience the copper is more maintenance to keep shiny.  I've lusted for the polished copper WR1 but the CG has me reconsidering.  I'll likely go brass instead.

I just got the bright copper CG on Monday. I plan on keeping it shiny,as I do with my antique brass CG. A little flitz every other week keeps it nice and shiny. Takes 3 minutes per razor.

2 114
 09-12-2018, 02:26 PM
User Info
(09-12-2018, 01:53 PM)eisler Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 01:41 PM)LOOT Wrote: I have the CG Bright Copper set and an Wolfman polished bronze set because I like the shiny.  I've let the CG set start to turn colors. It stays in the bathroom in the stand to help the process.  I've also noted the copper stinky penny smell from time to time. 

I just got the bright copper CG on Monday. I plan on keeping it shiny,as I do with my antique brass CG. A little flitz every other week keeps it nice and shiny. Takes 3 minutes per razor.

True. The CG finish is indeed fun to play with.  I've tried a couple of forced patina processes but not liked any.  Humid bathroom is the latest experiment. If I don't like the patina it develops I'll go back to polishing.   My real issue is the patina (blue) I like requires a pretty cruddy razor and that kicks in the clean freak thing. It's a viscous cycle over here. We'll see.

No way I could do that with a WR1 set. I lack the skills to replace that mirror finish.

2 76