09-13-2018, 11:34 AM
User Info
Does anyone else here like the Razorock synthetic brushes?  I started out with a drugstore badger that was not very good.  I then found read about synthetic brushes and ordered one of the Razorock brushes.  I found these to be wonderful brushes and now have 3 (had 4) of them that I love to use.  Now that I have an excellent badger, I still reach for my synthetics sometimes.  Anyone else have a fondness for these brushes.

0 64
 09-13-2018, 11:48 AM
User Info
I have 5 Razorock synthetic brushes and I really like them.  The ones I have are:

Plissoft (Original)
Bruce (Regular size)
Monster
Beehive
400 with butterscotch handle and noir knot

I use the original Plissoft as my travel brush.  It fits perfectly in a large Simpson's travel tube.  The Beehive and 400 are my most recent acquisitions.  I love the 400 and it has quickly become one my favorite brushes regardless of knot material.  I love how massive the Beehive is and since I've gotten it the Monster has ended up in a bin for storage since I don't use it.  It's mostly the handle that I'm not crazy about but its size is in between the Bruce and the Beehive.  If I want to use a large brush, I'm using the Beehive.  If I want something smaller it's the Bruce.  The Monster sits in no man's land.

I really like their brushes.  Cheap.  And the knots are super soft.  I've heard some people complain about scritch which I don't get at all.  I don't think you can go wrong with them.  I don't have any other synthetics that I use.  I have a Schone synthetic but it's too floppy for my liking.

0 66
 09-13-2018, 12:49 PM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I’ve yet to find a synthetic that matches any of my 27 badgers and 3 boars in terms of face feel and overall satisfaction. I do, however, use a synthetic , an AP Shaving SynBad, when I travel as it dries very quickly. Also, it makes decent lather, but the face-feel is, well “synthetic”. This is my fourth synthetic and whilst they are getting better, they have a ways to go.

9 1,032
 09-13-2018, 02:14 PM
User Info
I also own 5 of these wonderful brushes! I think Razorock is making great quality synthetic brushes at extremely affordable prices. Great selection too. They can whip up a excellent lather on face or in a bowl in no time. No care, no pampering, and no fuss needed with these brushes, just use it, rinse it, and done. Dries very quickly so its also excellent for traveling too! Hard to beat for less than $20 Bucks and some even as low as $10 Bucks. Way more affordable and better performing than the original Plisson in my opinion since it has more back bone it handles all the soap types from triple milled to cream with ease. So with all the +++++++ I'm definitely a fan! 

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 157
 09-13-2018, 04:02 PM
User Info
I have the Plissoft and Monster and think highly of both.

10 1,040
 09-13-2018, 08:05 PM
User Info
(09-13-2018, 04:02 PM)Rory1262 Wrote: I have the Plissoft and Monster and think highly of both.

+1. Like mentioned its hard to beat the quality, performance, and value. I purchased an Edwin Jagger XL synthetic silver tip fiber brush 10 months ago for about $80 Bucks and its a very good brush and I like it. But I really like and much more enjoy using the $13 Dollar Razorock plissoft w/barber handle because of its slightly better performance. I tried hard but I just cant justify the extra $67 dollars for the $80 EJ brush. the $13 Razorock has good quality and a larger handle plus a little better performance for me. Hard to beat!

Happy Shaving!
49erShaver

0 157
 09-15-2018, 07:21 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
I recently got the Big Bruce, which is my first RR synthetic. It is a really nice brush, and pretty sure the tips are softer than the real Plisson/La Maison du Barbier.
I almost exclusively reach for synthetics nowadays...I just for some reason never feel like waiting for presoaking the badger.

82 3,403
 09-24-2018, 06:30 PM
User Info
All I use is the Razorock Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Brush.

0 83
 10-01-2018, 04:30 AM
User Info
I have used the RR Bug Bruce exclusively for the past month and I don’t see myself going back to other time brush hair. I have a few in the black wolf but it’s as if this brush and this hair is a perfect combo. They are cheap which is a good thing seeing as how I’m deployed so if I lose it or decide to trash it when I get home and get another one I’m only out like 15 bucks.

17 1,087
 10-01-2018, 09:26 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I have the Monster, but use it once in a blue moon.

57 2,300
 10-01-2018, 06:29 PM
User Info
(09-15-2018, 07:21 PM)Nero Wrote: I recently got the Big Bruce, which is my first RR synthetic. It is a really nice brush, and pretty sure the tips are softer than the real Plisson/La Maison du Barbier.
I almost exclusively reach for synthetics nowadays...I just for some reason never feel like waiting for presoaking the badger.

Matt, I never pre-soak my badgers any longer.

I just run the hairs under tepid tap water for 25-30 seconds, prepare my shaving stuff for the shave, wet my face and give the badger a final 5 second run under the tap again and start face lathering. Works perfect with all my 2-band and 3-band Thäter and Shavemac badgers. Even 28 mm knots gets plenty soft and moist this way.

25 6,341
 10-01-2018, 06:33 PM
User Info
I own 8 Razorock Synthetics, and all perform great.

But I just still prefer my Thäter & Shavemac badgers for facelathering, so my 14 Synthetics are on the shelf collecting dust unfortunately.

25 6,341
 10-04-2018, 06:31 PM
User Info
Ive barley gotten into the whole wet shaving hobby and finally got my very first brush ever the matt black razorock 400 synthetic and the thing is wickedly awesome and soft and great backbone and splay

0 2
 10-06-2018, 07:39 AM
User Info
I have the silver 400 in the normal plisson and one in the noir as well. I really like the standard knot and got the noir because the black and silver just looks awesome. It's also a more polished finish than the other silver. However it feels a lot looser and floppier to me so as far as performance It's not my favorite.

0 35