09-13-2018, 11:35 AM
User Info
Gents,

I really like WSP Formula T shave soaps...I think that have great scents that one can really enjoy during the shave...just strong enough without being too overpowering.  In addition they have great residual slickness!

This shave was done with WSP’s Gaelic Tweed, which is a Creed Green Irish Tweed clone.  It smells incredible, and the shave was outstanding.  

I used my Semogue Boar Brush, a Voskhod Blade, and a Gillette President Razor...very good!  I also used the aftershave today...quite nice as well!

Enjoy the pics!

Vr

Matt

[Image: HpbpN6t.jpg][Image: elimLdZ.jpg][Image: z0rqtpK.jpg][Image: qk3dCva.jpg][Image: KEkevsX.jpg]

11 496
 09-13-2018, 05:04 PM
User Info
Love Gaelic Tweed,,,,, Thumbup

0 755
 09-13-2018, 05:34 PM
User Info
I haven't tried Gaelic Tweed.  However, WSP's Formula T soap base is excellent and can compete with the best soaps on the market.

53 8,151
 09-14-2018, 02:05 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Amen. Their  Rustic soap, which is the one I have the gaelic tweed in,  is every bit as good as that top French brand as well.

8 2,523
 09-14-2018, 02:14 PM
User Info
(09-14-2018, 02:05 PM)Mouser Wrote: Amen. Their  Rustic soap, which is the one I have the garlic tweed in,  is every bit as good as that top French brand as well.

+1 ... though I imagine some will say that it’s sacrilege...I just say it is what it is!

Vr

Matt

11 496
 09-14-2018, 02:40 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
I have a Gaelic Tweed aftershave and it is great. I love Lee's Rustic soaps, and his aftershaves, but I haven't used any Formula T yet. My Rustic Sandalwood is almost done, so I'm going to get the Formula T version soon. His Sandalwood is simple and woody without any florals or sweets added. His aftershaves really last and they have good face food like witch hazel.

4 454
 09-15-2018, 05:24 AM
User Info
I have used both the Formula T and Rustic soap base in various scents and all work great for me.I'm looking for a Green Irish Tweed dupe now and wondered how Lee's Gaelic Tweed scent compares to Creed's GIT,only other GIT dupe I have tried has been Stirlings Sharp Dressed Man.IIRC I didn't enjoy the scent that much or find it very close to actual GIT.To be fair it was way back when Rod had some trouble with the soap base having a offputting animalistc smell in some batches.

6 15
 09-15-2018, 07:42 AM
User Info
(09-15-2018, 05:24 AM)WVHDRyder Wrote: I have used both the Formula T and Rustic soap base in various scents and all work great for me.I'm looking for a Green Irish Tweed dupe now and wondered how Lee's Gaelic Tweed scent compares to Creed's GIT,only other GIT dupe I have tried has been Stirlings Sharp Dressed Man.IIRC I didn't enjoy the scent that much or find it very close to actual GIT.To be fair it was way back when Rod had some trouble with the soap base having a offputting animalistc smell in some batches.

This is a very close clone, lasts forever used with the aftershave, and I find it a spot more enjoyable to my nose.

Vr

Matt

11 496
 09-15-2018, 08:15 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I'm a fan of Lee's creams, and Gaelic Tweed is one of my favorite scents. His creams (croaps) come in a large-mouthed container, making them easier to load, and I think they perform as well as his Rustic and Formula T soaps. I also think the scent matches very well with my Creed Green Irish Tweed EdT.

38 5,634
 09-15-2018, 08:38 AM
User Info
(09-15-2018, 08:15 AM)evnpar Wrote: I'm a fan of Lee's creams, and Gaelic Tweed is one of my favorite scents. His creams (croaps) come in a large-mouthed container, making them easier to load, and I think they perform as well as his Rustic and Formula T soaps. I also think the scent matches very well with my Creed Green Irish Tweed EdT.

Hmmmm....I will have to give the creams a whirl...though that will have to wait because I have ABC arriving today, and I scored a NOS I Coloniali Mango yesterday.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Vr

Matt

11 496
 09-15-2018, 01:05 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
I'm going +1 what has been said so far. Lee is great with scents and his aftershaves last. I don't wear cologne and have never smelled the real GIT, but my wife loves Gaelic Tweed and she is a fragrance snob. Lee is really one of the best fragrance guys.

4 454
 09-16-2018, 04:11 PM
User Info
(09-13-2018, 05:34 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I haven't tried Gaelic Tweed.  However, WSP's Formula T soap base is excellent and can compete with the best soaps on the market.

TLR - that was going to be my reply, just about word for word. 

I am a fan of the barbershop scent for sure.

6 994