09-13-2018, 04:16 PM
User Info
About an hour ago, the mailman came and delivered my Chiseled Face Cedar and Spice.  The website list the following essential oils for the scent: cedar, guaiac wood, Haitian vetiver, patchouli, black pepper, juniper berries, lime, clover, and ginger.  I don't' have a developed enough sense of smell to pick out all of the scents, but I can tell you that the cedar is the dominant scent (not a bad thing).  I thought this was going to be a hard soap, but it is a soft soap.  My weapon of choice was the Chubby 2.  I left a little more water in the brush than usual and it began to lather quickly.  I loaded more product to keep the Chubby fed.  The lather is slick and more you work it, the more the cedar scent comes out.  I may have gone a little overboard with the water, but I find that soaps perform better for me when I use more water.  Put a new Feather blade in my R1 and went to work.  Shave is very good.  Didn't feel much residual slickness and the post shave feel was a little on the dry side, but not terribly so.  Another soap that I get the feeling will really shine once it's dialed in.

0 64
 09-14-2018, 05:45 AM
User Info
I'm allergic to cedar, so this one is a no go for me.

3 1,908
 09-14-2018, 06:02 AM
User Info
Sorry to hear that, as this is not a bad scent.

0 64