10-27-2018, 07:37 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(10-27-2018, 12:11 AM)gmtshave Wrote: I just take Bic disposable and a travel can of Gillette for all my trips - travel roughly 10 times a year due to work; just don't think it's worth all the extra packing and space for a shave stick, brush, DE razor etc. Smile

It’s worth it to me. I’ll come back with ingrown hairs if I use a cart. I also like to enjoy my shaves, but sometimes I wish I could use a cart when I travel so I wouldn’t get stopped by TSA so much.

3 640
 11-02-2018, 08:11 AM
User Info
I usually stick to one soap for a week, but have gone longer (like right now).

I'd point out that a Palmolive stick is easy to lather and is small, that plus whatever you usually bring would double your permutations.

What about buying travel tubes for your aftershave or cologne, so you can vary in that way?

6 1,009
 11-02-2018, 08:40 AM
User Info
(11-02-2018, 08:11 AM)Gig103 Wrote: I usually stick to one soap for a week, but have gone longer (like right now).

I'd point out that a Palmolive stick is easy to lather and is small, that plus whatever you usually bring would double your permutations.

What about buying travel tubes for your aftershave or cologne, so you can vary in that way?

Everything is allready in travel tubes or bought travel sized. My GoBag is... packed tight. Just one of those things I have to deal with in my line of work I guess Tongue

3 5,816
 11-02-2018, 02:36 PM
User Info
Shaving while I'm on vacation is relaxing and enjoyable.  Something I actually look forward to doing.  

Here's a thought for you.  What I'll do is bring several .75 oz screw top IGo travel jars filled with different soaps.  I'll always bring Mdc and LpL as they lather in even the absolute worst water on the planet.  I'll also bring a few more of these with whatever soaps I happen to be fond of at the moment.  I'll bring a cheap (lightweight) dollar store salsa bowl to lather the soaps in.    This way I have plenty to pick from to keep it interesting and can easily deal with any water I encounter.

I'll also bring two aftershave balms.   One will be mostly unscented and the other whatever I'm enjoying. 

I do bring several colognes in small travel spray bottles as well.  Probably six or eight so that I can wear something different every day.    

This way I can mix and match soaps, colognes and aftershaves to keep it interesting. 

Travel razor is a Timeless Kronos with M1 and R1 plates.   Something mild and something a bit more aggressive, quality wise no complaints here.

Travel brush is a Paladin Falstaff, again a pleasure to use.

0 70