09-09-2012, 06:21 AM
  • JayPo007
  • Still making fire
  • Pottstown, PA- USA
User Info
I used this A/S "wax" for the first time yesterday with RazoRock Mudder Focker. My shave was superb. No nicks and zero irritation. I have normally oily skin and the A/S wax was a perfect match. It contains eucalyptus and tea tree EOs. It does have a lite medicinal smell because of this. Since I normally use an A/S splash other than Nivea balm I don't have anything to compare it to. I do like GFT lime skin food and for me this worked twice as well. It left my easily irritated neck feeling slightly cool, calm, smooth, and moisturized. My neck didn't notice I shaved! I was very impressed to say the least. Of course, as with anything I really like/works well for me, SWMBO said it "smells funny." Love me anyway baby, this stuff just earned a solid spot in my rotation. The jar is very small (60 ml / 2 fl oz) but 2-3 dabs covered my entire neck with some to spare on the rest of my face. Is anyone else as pleased with this as I am?

1 129
 09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
User Info
Thanks for the thorough review. I've been interested in trying the AS Wax. Even had it in my cart on last order, but pulled it out at last minute.

AS Products affect my face and neck the most in whether there is irritation and redness, or more preferred, soothing and healing, so I'm often more hesitant to try them than say soaps or creams.

6 135
 09-14-2012, 07:53 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
RazoRock waxes are very good,specially if you have a dry skin like mine.Thanks for the comments about it.

86 7,123
 09-14-2012, 08:53 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Love the wax! Haven't tried 888 flavor yet but they perform great!

88 4,233
 01-01-2013, 07:39 AM
User Info
Well I have to admit that I was hesitant to give this stuff a try. Mainly do to being labeled a wax. The price is very attractive. Like all Razorock products it seems priced too good to be true. I am learning quickly that they are usually very fine products.

This one was made just for me ! It has a lite scent, a little bit goes a looooooong way, It comes in a great little travel kit friendly container, The scent fades quickly, And the skincare is as good as anything I have tried and better than most I have tried. I even skipped my alum the past two days (I do not skip my alum lightly) and my neck feels great !

6 1,224
 01-01-2013, 11:38 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great review of an interesting product. The more I read and hear about the product, it is a product I want to purchase.

1 3,507
 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
User Info
I recently started using the "Wax" as well (regular version). Not wax in the sense of the word at all....more like a thick balm. A little goes a long way, you just need a few small dabs to cover the shaved area. It feels great on the skin, absorbs well (non greasy/ non sticky) and does a great job in the razor burn/ protection department. I am finding it to be a great asset for these cold, dry winter days.

5 938
 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM
User Info
I have used all of them, 888, KL and Original. they all work wonderfully, but none of the scents were ones i was blown away with.

to my nose:
the 888 was too medicinal (tea tree oil scent is very prevelant in this one)
the KL was too Grapey (like grape cough syrup)
the original was too patchouli (I was hoping for Barbershop, classic scent)

the one i am anxiously awaiting on seeing hit the market is the LIME that joseph has said is very close to hitting the store.

8 2,718
 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
  • rebos
  • extra stainless
  • Montreal
User Info
I'm waiting for WCS to restock on the ones without Tea Tree. Looks like a nice balm.

2 53
 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM
User Info
I should have added my standard disclaimer about not liking strong scents. This one is indeed quite medicinal but not unpleasant by any means. And on me it faded quite quickly as I expect an aftershave to do.

I like what it does for my skin !

6 1,224
 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
I use the King Louis Lavender scent frequently. I agree, a great product.

Bruce Wrote:the KL was too Grapey (like grape cough syrup)

??? Man, noses are weird.

10 1,858
 01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
User Info
(01-02-2013, 06:17 AM)Songwind Wrote: I use the King Louis Lavender scent frequently. I agree, a great product.

I got some RR Lavender wax for Christmas and love it. I originally was steamed at how small the tin was but like the OP said, I literally just dab 2 fingers in and that's plenty.

My wife smelled the tin and thought it smelled like Desitin. Hmm has anyone ever used Desitin for razorburn.....?

0 120
 01-02-2013, 08:51 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(01-02-2013, 08:40 AM)Bittermormon Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 06:17 AM)Songwind Wrote: I use the King Louis Lavender scent frequently. I agree, a great product.

I got some RR Lavender wax for Christmas and love it. I originally was steamed at how small the tin was but like the OP said, I literally just dab 2 fingers in and that's plenty.

My wife smelled the tin and thought it smelled like Desitin. Hmm has anyone ever used Desitin for razorburn.....?

It will work! Some diaper rashes are much worse and it takes care of it quickly. The scent however... Do you really want to have a baby butt smooth shave and smell like a baby butt? Biggrin

88 4,233
 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
User Info
(01-02-2013, 08:51 AM)beartrap Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 08:40 AM)Bittermormon Wrote:

It will work! Some diaper rashes are much worse and it takes care of it quickly. The scent however... Do you really want to have a baby butt smooth shave and smell like a baby butt? Biggrin

I've been called much worse. Cool

0 120
 01-02-2013, 09:18 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(01-02-2013, 08:40 AM)Bittermormon Wrote: My wife smelled the tin and thought it smelled like Desitin. Hmm has anyone ever used Desitin for razorburn.....?

I don't speak Italian, so I am not 100% sure, but I'm confident that one of the uses listed on my tube of PREP is for diaper rash.

10 1,858
 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have the original RazoRock Aftershave Wax and think it is a superb product. The smallest amount goes a very long way so don't be disappointed at the small jar. That small jar should last a very long time.

2 11,211
 10-08-2013, 09:19 PM
  • evnpar
  • Super Moderator
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
RR Lavender wax is great stuff, it's Tobac that smells like Desitin!

34 4,536
 11-07-2013, 01:28 AM
User Info
I have used both the original and the King Louis and both are great at finishing off either a smooth shave or a rough shave. It is a cream which has a very thick feel but it absorbs readily and does not leave a residue on the skin. The scents are enjoyable for me, but the original scent did take a few applications before I came around to it. I am definitely glad I didn't give up on as it is one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 123
 11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I'm waiting for Razorock Aftershave was that smells exactly like XXX!

10 963