09-28-2018, 11:45 AM
User Info
I sent away for this a while back but have not yet opened it as I have plenty of soaps in rotation.  I've heard good reviews about it, but I was wondering what you all think of it.

0 113
 09-28-2018, 03:11 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(09-28-2018, 11:45 AM)Michael_W Wrote: I sent away for this a while back but have not yet opened it as I have plenty of soaps in rotation.  I've heard good reviews about it, but I was wondering what you all think of it.

It was the only shaving soap that I used for a good quarter century; I saw no need to try anything else.  When our son went away to college, he took a few of my Col. Conk pucks, and continued the family “tradition.”  If it sufficed for that long, it cannot be all bad, could it?  Actually, glycerine and avocado oil, the base formula of Col. Conk, together make a pretty good starting point for a shaving soap.

I have moved on to other shaving soaps in my old age, but my son, now 45 years old and earning more money than I ever did, still thrives on the shaving soap crumbs that fall from my table.  He currently is happy with a puck of Stirling Mutton Tallow Electric Sheep (not a soap for the faint of heart) that I passed off to him.

1 1,260