10-03-2018, 05:59 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Proraso always have been there for a reason.Ludovico Martelli have made great products since the end of WWII.I missed the old SMN shaving cream

Nikos , I love your avatar.Sam Ace Rosenthal...what a great movie !

93 7,344
 10-06-2018, 03:52 PM
User Info
I am guessing that more people would rave about it if it cost $60, was made by an artisan, was limited edition or always out of stock, and contained a magical ingredient that other soap makes do not use.

I've tried a lot of supposedly top notch soaps. I have not bought many of them a second time. I will always have a tube of blue and green Proraso on hand.

0 12
 10-06-2018, 05:38 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-01-2018, 03:51 PM)Johnny Wrote: I've been using the Proraso Green for years and love the stuff.

[Image: 4QKDMTp.jpg]
I like the Proraso Green too Johnny...especially on a hot summer day. It is very refreshing.

48 20,066
 10-07-2018, 10:54 AM
User Info
proraso is a classic.

0 14
 10-07-2018, 11:36 AM
User Info
(10-06-2018, 03:52 PM)ccrank Wrote: I am guessing that more people would rave about it if it cost $60, was made by an artisan, was limited edition or always out of stock, and contained a magical ingredient that other soap makes do not use.

I've tried a lot of supposedly top notch soaps. I have not bought many of them a second time. I will always have a tube of blue and green Proraso on hand.

Honestly, I'm no longer a shaving soap snob.

I use what I find to be the best and greatest shaving soap, and I'm looking for performance not so much scent, although a nice a scent is not a negative in my book.

I agree that Proraso Blue and Red creams are good performers, but for my preference, if I want an affordable shaving cream, I will take Speick all day long over any of the Proraso soaps and creams.

Haslinger soap is also a cheap alternative, that performs far better than any of the Proraso's in my view.

The Proraso green cream and soap gives me the performance similar to a can of Proraso blue shaving foam, and I'm not kidding.

25 6,431
 10-08-2018, 03:39 AM
User Info
I haven't used Proraso in years, but it's nice to know that I can pick up a tub of soap in any drug store in the world in the event that I am stuck without my favorite artisan soap.

1 193
 10-08-2018, 09:01 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
The "only" time I use the Pro green is in summer months when it's hot and the menthol works as I like it to cool me. I think there are too many better soaps for my money now. As for the plastic tub, that's ok with me to keep the price down on an already reasonably priced soap.

0 344
 10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
User Info
Ummmmm...I just had a delightful shave with a superlather of Proraso Green and CRSW Glide Barbiere Sapone.

I used my 1941 Gillette Aristocrat coupled with a fresh Timor Blade...finished it all off with the Myrsol Orange Aftershave!

I feel like a genius...but accept that I am a fool!

Vr

Matt

13 543
 10-08-2018, 12:27 PM
User Info
I have all four Proraso creams and lately they have just been sitting there collecting dust while I reach for my Stirling, Van Yulay, Maca Root, TOBS, Fat 'As and Musgo Real.  I have to admit the scents never did much for me and they all kind of smell about the same.  I haven't tried the new single edge creams but of the original formulations I find there are many more better options.  I will probably be dead before i go through my current supply of Proraso.

0 101
 10-11-2018, 06:46 PM
User Info
I've tried the green and red tubs and have no real complaint.  They're worthy soaps - and excellent entry-point products, as is the Bigelow cream you can get at Bath & Body Works.

But, I definitely prefer my CRSW, B&M, Catie's, TOBS and other products to Proraso.  That said, I haven't tossed my Proraso tubs either.

0 472
 10-11-2018, 10:25 PM
User Info
(10-07-2018, 11:36 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Haslinger soap is also a cheap alternative, that performs far better than any of the Proraso's in my view.

Claus,
This is not related to Proraso, but have you tried the new "no tallow" Haslinger? I'm afraid to know what they did to that soap.

6 1,009
 10-12-2018, 05:41 AM
User Info
(10-11-2018, 10:25 PM)Gig103 Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 11:36 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: Haslinger soap is also a cheap alternative, that performs far better than any of the Proraso's in my view.

Claus,
This is not related to Proraso, but have you tried the new "no tallow" Haslinger? I'm afraid to know what they did to that soap.

Sorry haven’t tried it and don’t plan to in the nearby future.
Haslinger with Tallow is good stuff for the price, but I get a too strong Tallow scent from it while shaving.

25 6,431
 10-15-2018, 11:57 AM
User Info
Proraso was among my first wet shave products.

I still like their white stuff.
Blue and red: I do dislike the artificial scent.
Green: never tried it.

I recently bought their white aftershave to find out that it has been reformulated. An odd, entirely artificial citrus scent and ...
micro plastic particles.

I occasionally use it.

I really ought to throw it away. Period.

Proraso soap costs less than 3EU in Italy.
Speick cream costs the same in Germany.
Fully biological, decent scent.
A refill of I Coloniali cost 7.50
MUCH BETTER than Proraso.
Discontinued, alas.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 169
 10-16-2018, 03:43 AM
User Info
I just got back from Italy, and at a Conad grocery store in Rome I bought a full size tube of Proraso Green cream (5.2 oz.) and three small jars of Proraso Green soap (2.8 oz. each).  Total cost:  About 7.50 Euros (about $9 USD).  I love the stuff.  Unfortunately they only had the green in the shops I went into.  Might be a seasonal thing with Red coming out in November or something, but I do prefer the Red.

I don't know why Italians have beards.  With Fatip razors and Proraso soap, you can't afford NOT to shave there.

19 309
 10-16-2018, 12:40 PM
User Info
Pulled out a tub of Proraso white for sensitive skin yesterday. Not bad.

Seems a bit harder to make a good mix but in the end was nice bbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 442
 10-16-2018, 02:42 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
My Proraso Green tube sits unused sometimes. Then I break it out and I always get a really smooth shave with no irritation or burn. It is a strange experience because there isn't much slickness compared to a lot of other soaps and creams, but I guess it's enough. Like I said the shave is always really smooth, BBS in fact, and my skin feels good, too, but I attribute that to the Proraso Green aftershave which is a truly outstanding product. That stuff will always be in my den.

4 522