09-30-2018, 05:29 AM
User Info
I've tried a few different bowls and mugs, even though I face lather. Obviously I need something to soak my brush in b/4 the lathering process.
I have chosen the Crown King scuttle over the others.....because it keeps my brush warmer between passes and because of the grooves in the scuttle.
See the design inside ?
[Image: jEy3Th0.jpg]
This allows me, to do this...
[Image: gp5soIs.jpg][Image: nJ66W6F.jpg]
Some of the "finer" hard soaps, recommend you rinse the soap with cold water, drain, dry after shaving. Those grooves in the scuttle allows the soap container to "lock" in and
tips it to a nice angle to drain and dry. So, the scuttle holds my brush, hydrates my brush, keeps it warm while shaving and aids in draining my soap. CROWN KING scuttle.... Cheers

0 747
 09-30-2018, 05:06 PM
User Info
Plan on picking one up on my next order, will be nice for the cold weather.

0 8
 09-30-2018, 08:53 PM
User Info
I like the Crown King scuttles and have their "travel scuttle", a plastic version of the ceramic one.  If I drop it I am fairly comfortable it won't break.

0 64
 09-30-2018, 10:08 PM
User Info
I also have the plastic version for travel.  The shape of the bowl is not ideal for me but otherwise it functions well.  I wish it were more rounded in the bowl...

11 1,808
 10-01-2018, 03:22 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I soak my brush, build my lather, and drain my soap in one of these.  Works great for home or travel and it will not break if dropped.

[Image: SOgJq5G.jpg]

180 24,977
 10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
User Info
It's a scuttle. I got a couple of them from other manufacturers, and I cannot deny that hot lather in the cold season is heavenly Smile

Ans in the interest of keeping my lather hot, my immediate reaction to this is that it don't seem to hold much water with such thin walls... what capacity is it?

3 5,691
 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM
User Info
(10-01-2018, 08:37 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: It's a scuttle. I got a couple of them from other manufacturers, and I cannot deny that hot lather in the cold season is heavenly Smile

Ans in the interest of keeping my lather hot, my immediate reaction to this is that it don't seem to hold much water with such thin walls... what capacity is it?

11/2 cups in the interior(between walls) and little over 2/3 in the bowl. I've been using it daily for about 2 years.

0 747