10-18-2018, 10:39 PM
User Info
(10-18-2018, 10:17 PM)Sliver630 Wrote: Cosmo and 70th have a cologne fragrance. If you like floral or citrus skip these two. However, fragrance aside, the slickness, glide and overall performance is nothing short of perfect IMHO.

Agreed, I have found the perfect comhination for me.....Cosmo, Rocca and GSB! Comfortable and smooth as silk. No nicks or blemishes, just great skin.

0 141
 10-19-2018, 02:09 AM
User Info
(10-18-2018, 10:39 PM)Roy Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 10:17 PM)Sliver630 Wrote: Cosmo and 70th have a cologne fragrance. If you like floral or citrus skip these two. However, fragrance aside, the slickness, glide and overall performance is nothing short of perfect IMHO.

Agreed, I have found the perfect comhination for me.....Cosmo, Rocca and GSB! Comfortable and smooth as silk. No nicks or blemishes, just great skin.

Good to know someone somewhere no longer has SSAD.

60 1,383
 10-21-2018, 03:58 AM
User Info
SUNDAY     Angel   SUNDAY    Angel SUNDAY     Angel 

And that is SV DAY  Badger  Used Stella Alpina and my SV brush. It makes S-U-N-D-A-Y into F-U-N-D-A-Y... Aaaaa

1 909
 10-21-2018, 12:50 PM
User Info
(10-21-2018, 03:58 AM)zipper Wrote: SUNDAY     Angel   SUNDAY    Angel SUNDAY     Angel 

And that is SV DAY  Badger  Used Stella Alpina and my SV brush. It makes S-U-N-D-A-Y into F-U-N-D-A-Y... Aaaaa

WINNING!!!

8 470
 10-21-2018, 03:34 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
(10-18-2018, 10:39 PM)Roy Wrote: Agreed, I have found the perfect comhination for me.....Cosmo, Rocca and GSB! Comfortable and smooth as silk. No nicks or blemishes, just great skin.

Thanks for this.  I'll try a GSB in my Rocca.  I've been experimenting with blades for it.

63 1,779
 10-28-2018, 05:37 AM
User Info
70th ANNIVERSARY today(SV soap) and it was goooood!   Heart 
What else can I say ? Nice chilly day, great shave, crank up the bike, find a twisty mountain road and ride like hell... Angel 
Perfect Sunday.... Cheers

1 909
 10-28-2018, 05:43 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Just reading this thought why have a shave before a bike ride, then realized you were riding a moto. Sounds like fun.

0 368
 11-04-2018, 06:42 AM
User Info
SV DAY... Shaving Tundra Artica and my SV brush. Love the smell and aftershave face feel. Just a great product. Used the RAW RS-10 with 
a fifth day PolSilver. Thumbup

1 909
 11-04-2018, 07:00 AM
User Info
Has anyone found a soap to rival SV?  I think Fitjar hard soap may but they have limited varieties.

0 141
 11-04-2018, 07:27 AM
User Info
For me nothing matches the overall quality (ease of lathering, scents, slickness, cushioning and post shave feel) of Saponificio Varesino. There are other soaps exceeding in one or two of these categories, but not a total 10+ like SV.

0 17
 11-04-2018, 10:13 AM
User Info
(11-04-2018, 07:00 AM)Roy Wrote: Has anyone found a soap to rival SV?  I think Fitjar hard soap may but they have limited varieties.

I own 7-8 SapoVar soaps.

For me CRSW, Jabonman and Czech & Speak are better shaving soaps.

Mike’s Natural, LPL, and Caties Lux are on par with SV.

25 6,460
 11-04-2018, 02:09 PM
User Info
(10-21-2018, 12:50 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 03:58 AM)zipper Wrote: SUNDAY     Angel   SUNDAY    Angel SUNDAY     Angel 

WINNING!!!

so did my woeful 49ers.  hurray

79 1,439
 11-04-2018, 04:34 PM
User Info
(11-04-2018, 07:00 AM)Roy Wrote: Has anyone found a soap to rival SV?  I think Fitjar hard soap may but they have limited varieties.

If I were to not shave with SV it might be Mike's. If I wanted another alternative, I'd use Mystic Water or B&M White Label. That isn't to say I don't use these because they are tallow or tallow/lanolin but they all have their place in what they do during the shave and after the shave.

As I have read a few times on the Italian forum, SV performance is described a soap with a little fat. A soap like Mike's I would describe as very stable soap with plenty of fat. I translate those to what is left on the skin after rinsing IE post shave feel. It isn't that it works better or worse than SV but I stick with SV for the sake of how consistent my shave results are along with the comfort of my skin. It's just a matter of taking out the variable of switching between too many different formulas. 

A couple notes though is as many SV fans that we may have here and elsewhere, there are plenty who liked the SV soaps but maybe didn't notice the difference between the various releases. I wouldn't deny people that think it would be too similar to purchase multiple soaps. My face can tell the differences between each of the releases so I share my thoughts in case it helps someone. I sent someone a sample of Tundra Artica soap last month and they had good results but it wasn't to their liking. I told him they can be favorable for many but won't be the favorite to all.

84 1,652
 11-05-2018, 12:45 AM
User Info

Many and a bunch are better. B&M, CRSW, WK, and GD all beat SV handily when it comes right down to slickness and post shave. SV does shine in scents though.

0 59
 11-20-2018, 11:46 AM
User Info
I got to thinking. I have 11 SV soaps, soon to be 12 with the Bullgoose new release coming. Now, I use SV on Sundays, what I call "SVDAY"...…
That means I only use a soap, on average, once every 90 days. Soooo, my SV collection would last....15 years, give or take a year  A47 
That's unacceptable.... Facepalm  Soooooo, I'm using SV soaps  E-V-E-R-Y  D-A-Y, until I use them up. Biggrin

1 909
 11-20-2018, 07:47 PM
User Info
(11-20-2018, 11:46 AM)zipper Wrote: I got to thinking. I have 11 SV soaps, soon to be 12 with the Bullgoose new release coming. Now, I use SV on Sundays, what I call "SVDAY"...…
That means I only use a soap, on average, once every 90 days. Soooo, my SV collection would last....15 years, give or take a year  A47 
That's unacceptable.... Facepalm  Soooooo, I'm using SV soaps  E-V-E-R-Y  D-A-Y, until I use them up. Biggrin

If you weren't on this board, I may be the only one considered a SV fanboy or shill. Good thing you enjoy them as much as I do. Not to rub it in, but Phil ain't too far from me so I may get the new soap before you do.  Wink

I'll post my thoughts once I get to shave with it this weekend.

84 1,652
 11-20-2018, 11:48 PM
User Info
(11-20-2018, 07:47 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 11:46 AM)zipper Wrote: I got to thinking. I have 11 SV soaps, soon to be 12 with the Bullgoose new release coming. Now, I use SV on Sundays, what I call "SVDAY"...…

If you weren't on this board, I may be the only one considered a SV fanboy or shill. Good thing you enjoy them as much as I do. Not to rub it in, but Phil ain't too far from me so I may get the new soap before you do.  Wink

Well, i love the soaps too but only have two which I use alternatively. When I bought Dolomiti,  I could not believe the very noticeable difference in performance. Currently using Felice and Cosmo. 
Now I have a new toy to play with.......a Chubby 3 Simpson badger brush. Just getting to get used to it . I think I have cracked it and it is luxurious! The English Shaving company has refill pucks from £15, and free postage.

0 141
 11-21-2018, 01:26 AM
User Info
(11-20-2018, 11:48 PM)Roy Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 07:47 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote:

Well, i love the soaps too but only have two which I use alternatively. When I bought Dolomiti,  I could not believe the very noticeable difference in performance. Currently using Felice and Cosmo. 
Now I have a new toy to play with.......a Chubby 3 Simpson badger brush. Just getting to get used to it . I think I have cracked it and it is luxurious! The English Shaving company has refill pucks from £15, and free postage.

Hello Roy, I hope you see my comments as a bit tongue in cheek. I'm happy to hear you are enjoy your soaps as I like those three as well. There was a thread I was lurking recently where the comment of enjoying a soap most when it is used consecutively. It may be fair to say that this is probably the most ideal way to you anything from Williams Mug Soap, or Tabac, SV or one of the US artisan soaps. 

I could so many other soaps and still have great shaves while enjoy lots more in scents. The SV products have continued to vary in how valuable each individual product may be. Some of the shave soaps have become less valuable yet for my skin some do increasingly retain improved luxury. This means the edge may be to the newer or more expensive soap, but at an increased margin without significant improvement.

If you happen to notice differences in each of the soaps, maybe you can dial in on which ingredients work best with your skin. Your Chubby brush will probably work well with any of those soaps as with my experience, each likes a good amount of hydration. Share your thoughts in the threads after your next few shaves.

84 1,652
 11-21-2018, 07:57 AM
User Info
I used the Manna Di Sicilia today with an ELITE Manchurian knot brush. I face lather, the lather is very thick, yogurt like.
This soap has a nice clean smell, great after shave face feel. Love the thick creamy lather, only takes 30 seconds of loading to get an easy 2 pass
plus touchup.

1 909
 11-22-2018, 08:21 AM
User Info
Manna will be my next soap I think.
My Chubby 3 is turning out to be a very fine brush! Didn't think  face feel could get better or shave closer , but no touch up. But SV has just got even better with this badger brush!

0 141