09-30-2018, 06:30 AM
User Info
I love using SMN, but it takes me a long to whip up a bowl lather, so I haven't been using it as much as I would like.  Is it advisable to stick a wet brush into the container and face lather?  I am wondering if adding all that moisture into the container is good for the product. 

Thank you!!

NP

1 85
 09-30-2018, 07:06 AM
User Info
No problem sticking in a damp brush. Give that knot a good squeeze. 
My guees is that you are not using enough product and, with the price of it, I can't blame you.

9 1,459
 09-30-2018, 08:58 AM
User Info
What he said.

Also, IMO smaller knots work better with such soaps.

3 1,174
 09-30-2018, 09:57 AM
User Info
You can also stick a wet brush in there, load the brush in the container, and then bowl lather.  They call it a cream, but it's dense, so you have to treat it like a soap/croap.

I do put it directly in the bowl, and the trick I've found is that you need to really smear it around the inside of the bowl so there aren't any little chunks left.

19 309
 09-30-2018, 12:39 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
I do as @BrickHud does, and additionally I wet the smeared out soap for several minutes/while showering to help soften it up. I suspect that you also could leave it open and let it dessicate a bit and use it like a harder soap.

Cheers, Steve

7 621
 09-30-2018, 01:42 PM
User Info
To add to the other advice, if I encounter one of my many creams turning hard in texture, I treat it like a croap or almost like a soap, which means swirling a slightly wet brush in the cream, just not quite as wet as with a soap and not quite as hard swirls as with a soap.

Once I collect enough product on the brush, I turn the cream container upside down until it stops dripping out with water.
Then I use a clean finger to remove the wettest lather remains in the container, proceed to let the cream sit to dry with an open lid for 1-2 days and then put the lid back on.

25 6,431