User Info
Here is Raw Razor #2.

[Image: oVhv5Ah.jpg][Image: VE35qqo.jpg][Image: 5ys6yJ0.jpg]

48 19,961
 10-19-2018, 01:53 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(10-17-2018, 01:03 AM)jfim88 Wrote: Hi folks!

Here’s a spectacular mail call. This is an old promise and I don’t have enough words to express my gratitude to my friend Kenneth Lynn. Man, you make the best shaving brushes out there and ebonite are more than spectacular. Thanks you Ken.

Chief 26mm Cumberland Honey Ebonite

[Image: 067d14585d0585acdac194029fb7f06d.png]
[Image: 5dc974bbeb6ba41b37b4628b3c1e5b1f.png]
[Image: f8d7fe2581d4af0e9ec936f2afb98097.jpg]
[Image: e2802dd0ebb619c6a37e0f1567876146.jpg]
A47 Wow! Ken and Cody rule.

4 477
 10-19-2018, 09:23 PM
User Info
Yesterday I finally received the Dr. Jekyll set from The Holy Black, after some minor shipping drama with the post office (nothing HB related), but did not get a chance to open it until tonight when I came home from work.  I must say the cardboard shipping box is probably the largest any shave order I received has come in.  If your significant other has any frustrations with any of your acquisition disorders, this definitely will not help the situation.  The next paragraph has some spoilers that if you have not opened your set, etc, you may want to skip and just be surprised with the experience first hand. 

The presentation is outstanding from the numbered wooden create like box and its cool markings, to the card warning you about the potency of the contents, and the custom prybar used to open the box if you must.  You use the prybar to open the lid which is stapled firmly shut.  When the box is opened, I believe a photosensitive switch is triggered to start playing music and lights the contents.  Very cool indeed.  There is a wax sealed letter on the top and the contents of the box are packed to the brim with straw.  The straw does create a mess and I suggest opening the box on a hard smooth surface.  I opened it on a blanket and the stray pieces of straw had to be vacuumed off because it is a pain to try and pick or brush it off.  The contents are packed so tight with straw, one does lose a bit of the lighting effect underneath.  Eventually the music and lights turn off and it is time to explore.  The splashes especially appear to be very generous in size.   All liquids are tagged with cards and sealed with wax.  The larger splashes are stamped with the HB seal.

I did smell the soap from the container, but it is really hard to get the full effect of the scent.  I assume you will need to lather.  It did appear a bit more firm them the other limited edition soaps I ordered from The Holy Black.  I did not break any of the seals on the fragrances yet because I think I want to take some better photos of the complete set with my SLR maybe in the sun or something.  I was more eager to check out the package first.  As such, I really can’t comment on the performance of the software or the scent, because I haven’t tried any of them yet.  It all looks amazing and I am sure will be of good quality.  The package was expensive, but it is extremely well themed, and there is quite a bit of product – especially with the 2 sets of splashes and EdP’s.  I don’t know how well they work, smell, etc but it is not uncommon for smaller splashes to sell for $25 each and $50 each for the EdP’s.  That alone is $150 plus the soap, packaging, etc.  So although it is pricey, I don’t think it is unreasonable for the whole package as long as the quality of the products are not up to The Holy Black standards.  For me, the trick is how will I use it.  I think I will try each scent individually first before any mixing, just to fully experience each half.  Then when I mix, how will I do it?  Probably just put a bit of each in my palm.  It isn’t rocket science, but I will put a little thought into it.  Anyways, happy shaving, and I hope everyone is having fun with the fall scents and season.
Steve   

[Image: 5uJzcqx.jpg]
[Image: sAFhQ8k.jpg]
[Image: 6NS1EjQ.jpg]
[Image: oXNA7t9.jpg]
[Image: xzYZ4Kc.jpg]

0 994
 10-19-2018, 09:44 PM
User Info
Today I received a order from WCS.  Hallows is one of those fall scents that seems rather popular, but does have a polarizing scent from the comments I have read.  Nevertheless, I understood this was the last year for it and I had to try it.  The scent from the puck is very intriguing to me and I can't wait to break it in tomorrow.  I guess Dr Jekyll will need to wait.

Steve
[Image: lkYqXQf.jpg]

0 994
 10-21-2018, 03:54 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
Have a cigar, then

(10-16-2018, 07:07 AM)Ram57 Wrote: [Image: rQncf1q.jpg][Image: mdmRl9a.jpg]

82 3,444
 10-21-2018, 03:56 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
It wasn't what I was hoping for so I moved it on to someone who will enjoy it more... But hope it fulfills your dreams!
(10-19-2018, 09:44 PM)Smooth Steve Wrote: Today I received a order from WCS.  Hallows is one of those fall scents that seems rather popular, but does have a polarizing scent from the comments I have read.  Nevertheless, I understood this was the last year for it and I had to try it.  The scent from the puck is very intriguing to me and I can't wait to break it in tomorrow.  I guess Dr Jekyll will need to wait.

Steve
[Image: lkYqXQf.jpg]

82 3,444
 10-22-2018, 08:41 PM
User Info
Today I received the Starling V2 base plates and decided to fill the cart for free shipping with some shampoos, deodorants, and a replacement to one of my favorite shaving products - The Mentholated CUBE!  I order the dish for fun this time, but I must say that this is one of the best performing items in my den and adds a good dose of menthol to every shave.  For the most part, I don't need a preshave for slickness, but it works great and gives a bit of cool to every shave without distorting the scent of the main soap.  They also last forever.  I highly recommend the CUBE.  I hope the new Starling OC Emerald base plate works as well.  The shampoo pucks also are very noteworthy, providing outstanding lathers and good scent strength.  I like to use them to try scents of soaps and aftershaves I'm interested in.  All three smell great from the puck and I can't wait to use them.

Steve

[Image: FdTHbBB.jpg]
[Image: qottV2z.jpg]
[Image: h8Pd1v2.jpg]
[Image: DGQ6pbf.jpg]

0 994
 10-23-2018, 10:50 AM
User Info
I just got a vintage Plisson brush, size 14 in real horn, from a good friend.  It is taking the place in my rotation of a small WWII Rooney boar brush, which has a lot of great history but is not very practical for building and applying lather.
[Image: xBaWyBt.jpg]

221 12,890
 10-23-2018, 11:17 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(10-23-2018, 10:50 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I just got a vintage Plisson brush, size 14 in real horn, from a good friend.  It is taking the place in my rotation of a small WWII Rooney boar brush, which has a lot of great history but is not very practical for building and applying lather.

What a beauty. Love it.

38 5,670
 10-24-2018, 02:43 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(10-23-2018, 10:50 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I just got a vintage Plisson brush, size 14 in real horn, from a good friend.  It is taking the place in my rotation of a small WWII Rooney boar brush, which has a lot of great history but is not very practical for building and applying lather.

WOW!!

4 477
 10-24-2018, 02:44 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
My first ebonite brush.[Image: nkmievS.jpg][Image: Bh9WZJJ.jpg]

4 477
 10-25-2018, 04:59 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Beautiful Shavemac.

38 5,670
 10-31-2018, 09:33 PM
User Info
Just received a new soap from Dr. Jon's - Sunday Funday Extravaganza - Cold Fall Morning.

I'm going to break it in tomorrow morning.
Steve

[Image: pO4SZFe.jpg]

0 994