10-05-2018, 02:31 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Yes sir, but for now I have to let mother nature do the work to grow the beard.

0 252
 10-06-2018, 05:59 AM
User Info
(10-05-2018, 09:57 AM)Teiste Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:06 PM)LookingGlass Wrote: Teiste,

Nice review and thanks for the info.  I ordered the badger version of this brush and was not sure whether or not to order the boar version.  I did and am happy I did.  It is a wonderful brush, as you said, with all soaps and creams.  It never ceases to amaze me the quality of the brushes Mr. Gomes provides our shaving community.

Im sure youre more than happy with that boar brush , my friend

I am.

Also, a quick question if you don't mind.  Speaking that this is not the same knot that is in the SOC.  Is the boar knot in the wooden handle version of the SOC the samebnoar knot that is in the new white resin SOC version?  I have both and the newer resin version boar knot seems to have a little less backbone; a little softer.

Thanks very much.

22 802
 10-06-2018, 08:03 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
For my eyes the Cherry SOC version has a higher loft but let Teiste answer officially.

0 252
 10-08-2018, 03:33 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-06-2018, 05:59 AM)LookingGlass Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 09:57 AM)Teiste Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:06 PM)LookingGlass Wrote: Teiste,

Nice review and thanks for the info.  I ordered the badger version of this brush and was not sure whether or not to order the boar version.  I did and am happy I did.  It is a wonderful brush, as you said, with all soaps and creams.  It never ceases to amaze me the quality of the brushes Mr. Gomes provides our shaving community.

Im sure youre more than happy with that boar brush , my friend

I am.

Also, a quick question if you don't mind.  Speaking that this is not the same knot that is in the SOC.  Is the boar knot in the wooden handle version of the SOC the samebnoar knot that is in the new white resin SOC version?  I have both and the newer resin version boar knot seems to have a little less backbone; a little softer.

Thanks very much.

Sorry for my late reply , my friend.

Is my understanding that theyre using the same kind of boar hair , both the wooden and resin.Since theyre handmade , Im sure some would have higher lofts , other shorter lofts etc but the boar hair is the same.

Its a good boar hair but , you know , be extremely patient with it.

93 7,335
 10-09-2018, 05:03 AM
User Info
I guess I am late to the party. Are the brushes taken or still available ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

1 57
 10-09-2018, 05:08 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-09-2018, 05:03 AM)luv2shave Wrote: I guess I am late to the party. Are the brushes taken or still available ?

I am down to the last 4 or 5 brushes. I am not sure how many Bruno has left.

48 19,842
 10-09-2018, 05:19 AM
User Info
(10-09-2018, 05:08 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 05:03 AM)luv2shave Wrote: I guess I am late to the party. Are the brushes taken or still available ?

Got one with the 1305 ! Great additions to my SOC boars.

Thank you TSN , Phil and Teiste Smile

1 57
 10-09-2018, 05:24 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-09-2018, 05:19 AM)luv2shave Wrote:

Thank you Manish. I think you will really enjoy them. They will ship this afternoon.

48 19,842
 10-09-2018, 06:01 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Thus far this is my favorite boar. Always enjoy breaking in the little piggies and raising them to the task in hand. I've only done 2 shaves with it and at first it was very stiff but even after only 2 shaves I can see good potential for a proper bloom. it's a lovely handle and reflects the light with a glow of gold. A lot of thought went into the design of this one for TSN.

0 252
 10-09-2018, 08:28 AM
User Info
(10-09-2018, 05:24 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 05:08 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I am down to the last 4 or 5 brushes. I am not sure how many Bruno has left.

Thank you Manish. I think you will really enjoy them. They will ship this afternoon.
I would have added some dollars more and got a good product and free shipping Biggrin !!

1 57
 10-09-2018, 11:52 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info

Thank you TSN  ,  Phil and Teiste Smile

Thank you to Mr Gomes , he is the magician.

93 7,335
 10-09-2018, 11:55 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-09-2018, 06:01 AM)Garb Wrote: Thus far this is my favorite boar. Always enjoy breaking in the little piggies and raising them to the task in hand. I've only done 2 shaves with it and at first it was very stiff but even after only 2 shaves I can see good potential for a proper bloom. it's a lovely handle and reflects the light with a glow of gold. A lot of thought went into the design of this one for TSN.

It did , my friend.

Some people might think that this is hype or that its crazy to spend 60 bucks on a boar brush.I cant argue anything since I sometimes think the same when reading other threads about soaps , brushes etc.

However , I have been involved on this project and I have tested protos with the same type of boar hair than this brush uses and , for me , is the best boar hair I have ever tried so far.Period.Its sad that Mr Gomes cant get enough to run a regular edition with it , but hands down , of all the boar hair brushes I have tested , this is the best.

Sorry guys , dont want to give the impression of hyping or shilling more about this brush , but I write these things as I feel them (as we say in Spanish).

93 7,335
 10-09-2018, 11:59 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
You darn enabler, Teiste, I finally had to order one from Phil. I already have two of his Thäter Premium Boar brushes, and love them, but you convinced me to give this one a try. Thanks for your reviews in general, Teiste, as they are always informative.

38 5,630
 10-09-2018, 12:17 PM
User Info
(10-09-2018, 11:55 AM)Teiste Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 06:01 AM)Garb Wrote: Thus far this is my favorite boar. Always enjoy breaking in the little piggies and raising them to the task in hand. I've only done 2 shaves with it and at first it was very stiff but even after only 2 shaves I can see good potential for a proper bloom. it's a lovely handle and reflects the light with a glow of gold. A lot of thought went into the design of this one for TSN.

It did , my friend.

Some people might think that this is hype or that its crazy to spend 60 bucks on a boar brush.I cant argue anything since I sometimes think the same when reading other threads about soaps , brushes etc.

However , I have been involved on this project and I have tested protos with the same type of boar hair than this brush uses and , for me , is the best boar hair I have ever tried so far.Period.Its sad that Mr Gomes cant get enough to run a regular edition with it , but hands down , of all the boar hair brushes I have tested , this is the best.

Sorry guys , dont want to give the impression of hyping or shilling more about this brush , but I write these things as I feel them (as we say in Spanish).
Teiste - since the time of inception of this forum, your reviews have been factual, focused and very credible. I don't recollect even once of having bought a product, having read the reviews on TSN and having an regrets ! Ordinarily I wouldn't have purchased a 50$ boar bristle brush - as I am very happy with the SoC and other semogue and omega brushes ! I am sure I will come to see the awesomeness that this brush seems to evoke with its superior quality of bristles as well as the styling.

Yes and apologies for missing out on due credit to Mr. Gomes for his magic of making this fine brush !

1 57
 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-09-2018, 11:59 AM)evnpar Wrote: You darn enabler, Teiste, I finally had to order one from Phil. I already have two of his Thäter Premium Boar brushes, and love them, but you convinced me to give this one a try. Thanks for your reviews in general, Teiste, as they are always informative.

Im glad one of them is going to gorgeous Portland , OR.

Enjoy it with health , my good friend.

93 7,335
 10-09-2018, 02:29 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-09-2018, 12:17 PM)luv2shave Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:55 AM)Teiste Wrote:

It did , my friend.

Teiste -  since the time of   inception  of this forum, your reviews have been factual, focused and very credible. I don't recollect even  once of having bought a product, having read the reviews on TSN and having an regrets ! Ordinarily I wouldn't have purchased a 50$ boar bristle brush - as I am very happy with the SoC and other semogue and omega brushes ! I am sure I will come to see the awesomeness that this brush seems to evoke  with its superior quality of bristles as well as the styling.

Yes and apologies for missing out on due credit to Mr. Gomes for his magic of making this fine brush !

Thank you for your kind words , my friend

I try to be as impartial as I can , even when being involved in a project like this.

You dont even know how many times i have received prototypes from Semogue and I have said "no , this is not good" and have start over with a project , both for foroafeitado and other forums/projects.

Mr Gomes always go the extra mile , even when he has his limitations regarding some supplies.But he always delivers good quality products and I respect him and his company for that.

Bernd from shavemac is the same and this is why I have extreme sympathies to work with them when L.E brushes are involved.

93 7,335
 10-09-2018, 02:56 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-09-2018, 11:59 AM)evnpar Wrote: You darn enabler, Teiste, I finally had to order one from Phil. I already have two of his Thäter Premium Boar brushes, and love them, but you convinced me to give this one a try. Thanks for your reviews in general, Teiste, as they are always informative.

Thank you Richard! I'll be curious to hear your impressions of the brush.

48 19,842
 10-10-2018, 06:53 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Another question i have received today :

-What its a realistic timeframe for breaking the boar tips ?

If you leave the brush soaked in cold water for 48 hours , the tips would be ready.

I had a prototype about two years ago , with this same type of hair , and I used it when shaving my head and the brush was ready in 5 days.

No , once again , this brush wont take a long time to break in like the SOC does.

93 7,335
 10-10-2018, 07:26 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I've had two good shaves with this gem. The first was very scritchy as expected. I didn't soak the brush long enough but liked the newness of the feel it had. The second shave today the brush felt much better and i soaked it for nearly 5 minutes before the lathering. I really prefer this 24mm knot to a more floppy larger knot. I'm really liking this handle as well. A true work of art.

0 252
 10-11-2018, 04:12 AM
User Info
(10-08-2018, 03:33 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 05:59 AM)LookingGlass Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 09:57 AM)Teiste Wrote: Im sure youre more than happy with that boar brush , my friend

I am.

Thanks very much.

Sorry for my late reply , my friend.

Is my understanding that theyre using the same kind of boar hair , both the wooden and resin.Since theyre handmade , Im sure some would have higher lofts , other shorter lofts etc but the boar hair is the same.

Its a good boar hair but , you know , be extremely patient with it.
Thanks for the info.  I know about being patient.  It takes awhile for the boars to come in.  However, they do get better with each shave.

22 802