11-24-2018, 07:28 PM
User Info
(11-24-2018, 06:33 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: Zipper, nice comments to Patti's questions. I don't ride motorcycles but I used to ride 2 wheeled dirt bikes when I was a kid into my teens. I have been toying with the idea of getting a bike since there is so much congestion in Los Angeles and it is getting worse.

I lived in San Diego for three years, Southern California is the best riding country in the U.S.. I've ridden a lot in L.A. and it's a dangerous
place to ride, people don't respect a bike rider.I love riding, BUT I prepare to crash every time I ride. I AWAYS wear long sleeves, leather,
ballistic nylon jacket with armor in shoulders, elbow, back. I wear shin / knee cap armor, leather gloves, boots and helmet.. Even my sunglasses 
are polycarbonate, no glass frags in the eyes. In order to succeed I dress to fail. It's seldom the bikers fault, the car driver is the one that will 
Kill you...…. Undecided

1 1,073
 11-24-2018, 07:54 PM
  • PJO
  • Texas
User Info
(11-24-2018, 07:12 PM)zipper Wrote: Well Patti, you brought up another good point. I only learned about this in the past few days. It seems some class of race car drivers and some pro-cycle(motor) have a device
added to the interior crown of their helmets, it is an inflation device that allows an outside air source to pump air into the air bladder which will gently lift the helmet off the 
wearers head. This will protect the injured party from further damage. I think NASCAR requires it, not sure. Kinda like a champagne cork, but slowly... Cool

OK, now that’s using your head to solve a problem. (Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
VERY cool — thanks for the update.
But the Australian design seems to provide a safer, faster ejection.

1 79
 11-25-2018, 03:50 AM
User Info
A steady rear view on your bike, scooter or motorcycle could easily be achieved with a camera, some wires, a power source and a screen mounted on the handlebars... it do, however, incur weight and cost penalties.

The side mirros on my scooter gives me a decent view of the road behind me, but there is a blind spot right behind my back and about 3m / 10' back. I've had cyclists drafting behind me, and every time I've been a little nervous when hitting the brakes. A helmet like the Reevu would at least give a little peace of mind Smile

3 6,565
 11-25-2018, 04:33 AM
User Info
Someone did do a crowd fund thing for a camera system for a helmet. Raised some money, never delivered a useable product.
I read someone else has picked up the idea and is working on it. It comes down to a small market and a high price for the
equipment. Not all motorcycle riders care about safety, A6 Helmets are not required in many states and countries.

1 1,073
 11-27-2018, 05:51 PM
User Info
(11-25-2018, 03:50 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: A steady rear view on your bike, scooter or motorcycle could easily be achieved with a camera, some wires, a power source and a screen mounted on the handlebars... it do, however, incur weight and cost penalties.

The side mirros on my scooter gives me a decent view of the road behind me, but there is a blind spot right behind my back and about 3m / 10' back. I've had cyclists drafting behind me, and every time I've been a little nervous when hitting the brakes. A helmet like the Reevu would at least give a little peace of mind Smile

I'm not sure if it is available outside the US but Reevu offers the MSX1 Rear-View helmet. You can find a video demo of the helmet on the Revzilla web site. I'd post a link, but I'm pretty sure that would be a no no.

Dave

1 155
 11-27-2018, 06:07 PM
User Info
(11-27-2018, 05:51 PM)barbe-rouge Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:50 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: A steady rear view on your bike, scooter or motorcycle could easily be achieved with a camera, some wires, a power source and a screen mounted on the handlebars... it do, however, incur weight and cost penalties.

I'm not sure if it is available outside the US but Reevu offers the MSX1 Rear-View helmet. You can find a video demo of the helmet on the Revzilla web site. I'd post a link, but I'm pretty sure that would be a no no.

Dave
They are U.K. company I believe....Been all over Europe for a few years and are basically new here. Rezvilla has videos, but no helmets. I think there is
a story there. The distributor seems to be Canadian company, shipping out of Niagra Falls address into U.S. I tried to track it all, gets complicated.

1 1,073
 12-08-2018, 08:08 AM
User Info
Well, I got a short ride in with the VOZZ helmet. Still not sure about it.... Undecided 
But the REEVU helmet is really great, the more I ride with it the more I like it. Thumbup 
A little too cold and too wet too ride.. Winky

1 1,073
 12-08-2018, 08:41 AM
User Info
How do the rear-view mirror on the Reevu work for you? I am tempted when it's time to replace my current helmet, even if they don't make ¾-helmets.

3 6,565
 12-08-2018, 09:54 AM
User Info
(12-08-2018, 08:41 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: How do the rear-view mirror on the Reevu work for you? I am tempted when it's time to replace my current helmet, even if they don't make ¾-helmets.

It's really good, a little faint when in a shaded area. Items are small, of course. Shaking is there, but not that bad because the mirror is in the helmet
not attached to bike. Once you learn to use it, not really anything to learn. You can't live without it. It's as good as a rearview mirror in a 3/4 ton
truck on a rutty road. You just ride your bike, shift your eyes up and see everything behind you. You can move your head side to side....up or down
and change the view.  I've got these useless helmets now....It beats anything out there as far as I'm concerned. I think I would choose it over a camera
version, when they come out, which they will. Reason, no electronic failure with this system.

1 1,073
 12-08-2018, 10:23 AM
User Info
The problem I’d have is that it took me a long time to find a full-face helmet with the right combination of comfort, airflow, controlled wind noise, and visor defogging ability. I wouldn’t be comfortable compromising those things for digital rear view. Guess I’m just a dinosaur Smile

35 1,886
 12-08-2018, 11:26 AM
User Info
(12-08-2018, 10:23 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: The problem I’d have is that it took me a long time to find a full-face helmet with the right combination of comfort, airflow, controlled wind noise, and visor defogging ability. I wouldn’t be comfortable compromising those things for digital rear view. Guess I’m just a dinosaur Smile

Me too. I wear this helmet in a large, but the cheek pads felt too tight. I ordered X-Large cheek pads, took care of that problem. For noise, I wear ear plugs.
It's a pretty quiet helmet without but much better with plugs, which I custom made with RADIANT ear plug kit. You mold your own in 10 min.

1 1,073
 12-11-2018, 03:48 PM
User Info
Went for a short ride today, temp. was high 30's to low 40's. In the old days....I rode on days like this, not now.  Confused 
I'm testing different sound deadening methods. The new VOZZ helmet is not working out , it is a very "loud" helmet.  Cheers

1 1,073
 12-11-2018, 08:57 PM
User Info
Loud isn't good.. my HJC is rather quiet, one of the main reasons I picked it back when I bought my scooter.

3 6,565
 12-11-2018, 09:44 PM
User Info
I remember buying an awesome Arai - only to return it after a 5 mile ride due to wind noise. Great airflow, but too loud. The Shoei RF series seems to work well for me.

35 1,886
 12-18-2018, 12:50 PM
User Info
I went for two rides today. First was to evaluate new ear plugs with the VOZZ helmet.
I found them.... Aaaaa New plugs are great, the helmet is FANTASTIC. Most stable helmet at speed (75mph)
Absolutely zero lift, I can turn my head with no buffeting. It seems to be quieter at speeds above 60mph.
Second ride with the REEVU helmet. Same new ear plugs with a wind skirt attachment added . Quieter,
but I notice the lift and buffeting now after wearing the VOZZ. The VOZZ has superior fit. Reevu rear view
is simply the greatest thing in helmet history. The new ear plugs make ALL the difference.
I think REEVU for City riding , VOZZ for cross-country trips.
I can use earplug speakers with the REEVU and GPS, not so with the VOZZ.

1 1,073
 12-23-2018, 11:55 AM
User Info
30 F. today, good day to test my winter gloves. Noticed that the REEVU fogs up pretty easily, that includes the rearview periscope.... Confused 
Switched to the VOZZ, not too much fogging.
Switched to the Nolan, no fogging, but is a windy helmet, good for summer I think. I like the ear pockets on this helmet, much better than the others... Rolleyes 
The winter gloves....Good. Thumbsup 
Nothing says Christmas like riding a bike in freezing weather. Sisi1      Snow would have made it perfect  W00t

1 1,073
 12-24-2018, 05:36 PM
User Info
(12-18-2018, 12:50 PM)zipper Wrote: I went for two rides today. First was to evaluate new ear plugs with the VOZZ helmet.
I found them.... Aaaaa New plugs are great, the helmet is FANTASTIC. Most stable helmet at speed (75mph)
Absolutely zero lift, I can turn my head with no buffeting. It seems to be quieter at speeds above 60mph.
Second ride with the REEVU helmet. Same new ear plugs with a wind skirt attachment added . Quieter,
but I notice the lift and buffeting now after wearing the VOZZ. The VOZZ has superior fit. Reevu rear view
is simply the greatest thing in helmet history. The new ear plugs make ALL the difference.
I think REEVU for City riding , VOZZ for cross-country trips.
I can use earplug speakers with the REEVU and GPS, not so with the VOZZ.

What ear plugs are you using? I have found ones that do a good job on the noise, but they tend to work loose after about an hour.
Dave

1 155
 12-24-2018, 06:28 PM
User Info
SureFire EP7 Sonic Defenders Ultra filtered Earplugs. Got them at Amazon.... Cheers

1 1,073
 12-28-2018, 02:24 PM
User Info
Thanks. I'll give them a try.

1 155
 01-02-2019, 01:48 PM
User Info
Went for an hour ride today(b-4 the rain),red helmet, red moto-jacket, red gloves.....red bike.
Think I have a "theme" here.. Rolleyes 
Rain is such a bummer.... Mad 
Have a few "custom" parts on order.
Adding an exhaust update(louder) and....skip it, LOUDER, more throaty....more Ducatiish.*
Gear indicator. You'd think it would have one.
Some sliders (safety feature)

* DUCATIISH: More like a Ducati. Finest attributes of a motorcycle. Tongue

1 1,073