09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
User Info
Today I have been lucky to receive some samples of a new TFS soap Eric of 'Barbieri di Figaro' and I have been discussing lately:

TFS Rose & Bergamotto Neroli

[Image: ip37fa.jpg]

The scent is very nice; the rose is accompanied perfectly by the bergamotto neroli to create a blend that is both floral, herby, fresh and sweet.

I am looking forward to trying this!

0 641
 09-10-2012, 08:06 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I must say that the TFS soaps that I have perform very well and their scents have been nicely developed.

Glad that some Italian soaps arent " more of the same" with a different brand/name.These have similar formulations to other Italian soaps,but their scents makes the difference.I hope that Valobra would jump into that wagon and offer more scents not in LE quantities.

86 7,123
 09-12-2012, 04:22 AM
User Info
So, first run today.

Good solid performance as was to be expected from earlier experiences with the TFS soaps. This little sample lathered like a champ in only a few swirls of my Semogue Finest Badger size 2.

I also made some lather with Fiori & Frutti and the regular TFS Bergamotto Neroli with the NF 2211 brush to compare the scents.

This is definitely not the typical marzipan / almond type of Italian soft soaps, though some sweet tones come through. It lacks the fresh green notes of the regular Bergamotto Neroli but all in all it is a pleasant, mellow scent.

The list of ingredients tells us that this batch might be a simpler formulation, as the list is shorter - might be a side effect of the tester jar also.

It will take a couple of more shaves to decide about this soap. First impressions are good, though.

Moreover, I am pretty impressed by the kind gesture Barbieri de Figaro and TFS made in replying so benevolent and fast to my inquiry into possible new scents. Thing like these are what makes wet shaving so exciting to me!

0 641
 09-12-2012, 06:22 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Thanks for the info!

88 4,233
 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM
User Info
Wim, a couple questions. Are the Rose and the Bergamotto Neroli two separate soaps, or one? I ask because I can't read the writing on the top of the samples. Second, where/how can one get samples? Thanks!!

Edit: Managed to blow the picture up, and see that is Rose and Bergamotto and Neroli - that is quite a combination! Would still like to know where one could get a sample.

3 543
 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
User Info
Sounds like another winner from TFS.

Thanks for the write up.

0 241
 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM
  • marcel
  • The Netherlands
User Info
This sounds like a soap I need to try as well, as I am a big fan of TFS soaps.
Was this a preproduction sample or a sample of the finished product?

0 117
 09-13-2012, 01:51 AM
User Info
(09-12-2012, 12:12 PM)john parker Wrote: Wim, a couple questions. Are the Rose and the Bergamotto Neroli two separate soaps, or one? I ask because I can't read the writing on the top of the samples. Second, where/how can one get samples? Thanks!!

Edit: Managed to blow the picture up, and see that is Rose and Bergamotto and Neroli - that is quite a combination! Would still like to know where one could get a sample.

It is a Rose + Bergamotto Neroli combination indeed!

I am a big fan of this type of scents, and I told Eric of BdF (http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/) about the fantastic project Queen Charlotte Soaps did with my bespoke Rose Bergamot Lime soap which turned out a limited edition. I posted about that on B&B: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....ps-arrived

Eric contacted TFS with this idea and this Rose & Bergamotta Neroli is what they have come up with. I do not know of there are more samples made or available, but you might ask Eric! He's a nice person to deal with, so I assume you'll have an answer and quite possibly a sample in no time Smile

Their email address is BarbierediFigaro@gmail.com.

(09-12-2012, 10:02 PM)marcel Wrote: This sounds like a soap I need to try as well, as I am a big fan of TFS soaps.
Was this a preproduction sample or a sample of the finished product?

It certainly is worth trying.

Today was the second run, and I really start to like this scent. It seems to fit in with the line of TFS; not exactly overpowering scents, but elegant and distinguished.

I am not sure about this sample. It may be a tester, as I heard the idea is to have it as a limited edition run.

We'll ask Eric.
I am also curious about the formulation.

0 641
 09-13-2012, 08:16 AM
User Info
Hi Wim, Marcel,

Thank you very much for the kind words!

The Rose Bergamotto Neroli was indeed made by TFS because Wim proposed it and TFS thought it could be a nice scent. I am happy you like it Wim!

We received some more samples of it in the size that Wim received them too. They are about 35 ml.

It was not meant as a tester, more like a special edition or special request. Whenever TFS produces testers, like the one I have now with a very light scent, I only get a sample with a number on it, so I can refer to that number when I have tested it. These Rose Bergamotto Neroli were from a small badge but surely TFS can produce more of it.

As to the formulation, I passed this question on to TFS. I will let you know as soon as I get their answer.

Thanks again,

Eric

0 224
 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(09-13-2012, 08:16 AM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: Hi Wim, Marcel,

Thank you very much for the kind words!

The Rose Bergamotto Neroli was indeed made by TFS because Wim proposed it and TFS thought it could be a nice scent. I am happy you like it Wim!

We received some more samples of it in the size that Wim received them too. They are about 35 ml.

It was not meant as a tester, more like a special edition or special request. Whenever TFS produces testers, like the one I have now with a very light scent, I only get a sample with a number on it, so I can refer to that number when I have tested it. These Rose Bergamotto Neroli were from a small badge but surely TFS can produce more of it.

As to the formulation, I passed this question on to TFS. I will let you know as soon as I get their answer.

Thanks again,

Eric

excellent! thank you for sharing this info Smile

9 1,684
 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
User Info
Third run.

This soap is nice, but the scent starts to confuse me. The day before yesterday I thought that no almond notes were traceable, but today I did a test with two full bodied roses (Mama Bears and Prairie Creations, two of my all time favorites) and I really thought I got some of that typical Italian croap scent. Not a problem, as I do like that.

Either way, this little test learned that indeed the rose in the TFS is really not overpowering at all. In fact it's very polite. It blends in with the other ingredients, I think.

I'd be really interested in some of your opinions, if you are lucky to get one of these samplers (or should I say, little limited gifts?).

Also a big thanks to Eric for the info, and I'd be pleased to learn about the formulation indeed!

0 641
 01-04-2013, 01:20 AM
  • marcel
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Bump!
I recently got a sample from this soap as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I know what you mean with the almond notes. It sort of smells like a combination of the Bergamotto Neroli soap and the Barbe Rosse soap with a hint of rose, sweet but very pleasant to my nose.

0 117
 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(01-04-2013, 01:20 AM)marcel Wrote: Bump!
I recently got a sample from this soap as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I know what you mean with the almond notes. It sort of smells like a combination of the Bergamotto Neroli soap and the Barbe Rosse soap with a hint of rose, sweet but very pleasant to my nose.

Yes , this "croap" has a fragrance , on the sweet fresh side , but its one of the most elegant ones offered by the Italian soap makers. A real winner for many of us and it should be mention more on the forums , since its a quality croap with a great scent.

86 7,123
 01-04-2013, 05:38 AM
User Info
I have (and enjoy) the Zagara & Gelsomino (Orange blossom and Jasmine) and the Cannella & Arancia Amara (Cinnamon and Bitter Orange). Wonderful scents and great performance, they're amongst my favourite Italian soaps Smile

(09-10-2012, 08:06 AM)Teiste Wrote: Glad that some Italian soaps arent " more of the same" with a different brand/name.These have similar formulations to other Italian soaps,but their scents makes the difference.I hope that Valobra would jump into that wagon and offer more scents not in LE quantities.

Got to agree with this! Cool

2 5,531
 01-04-2013, 06:35 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Two of my favourite scents combined! Biggrin

Is this a regular production? I'd love the opportunity to dip my brush in some! Tongue

Wim, you also mentioned Fiori & Frutta. This is one of my all time favourite aftershaves, any ideas on how to source some more (I appreciate you may only have soap, given this is a soap thread)! Huh

91 17,846
 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
  • marcel
  • The Netherlands
User Info
(01-04-2013, 06:35 AM)ben74 Wrote: Two of my favourite scents combined! Biggrin

Is this a regular production? I'd love the opportunity to dip my brush in some! Tongue

I think it was a limited run, but I never saw it for sale at Barbieredifigaro. Maybe Eric can shed some light on this as I got the sample from him.
Assuming this soap performs as well as all the other premium TFS soaps, this could be a hit soap!

0 117
 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
User Info
I've been highly impressed with the TFS soaps ever since Gary organized a group buy on another (RIP) board. The Rosse caused another soap to be thrust into a total state of disuse. I also have the Bergamotto y Neroli and love it!

0 319
 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(09-14-2012, 08:50 AM)wimbouman Wrote: Third run.

This soap is nice, but the scent starts to confuse me. The day before yesterday I thought that no almond notes were traceable, but today I did a test with two full bodied roses (Mama Bears and Prairie Creations, two of my all time favorites) and I really thought I got some of that typical Italian croap scent. Not a problem, as I do like that.

I received a sample from Eric with my order from BDF, and it smelled pretty similar to the sweet Italian almond scented soaps. I didn't get any hint of rose.

10 1,120
 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
User Info
Hi Gents,

Thanks for the new interest in this TFS-soap.

It really was Wim's idea to try a Rose-scented version of a TFS-soap and TFS came up with the Rose & Bergamotto Neroli. It was a try-out at first and it could very well become a regular refill and luxury jar in the TFS-line.

Right now, I have a couple of these samplers left to add to orders. But I am sure that TFS could make this as a regular production.

Btw, for those that tried it, would you prefer this scent or more a "Rose-only" or Rose with for instance the Cuore di Lavanda scent? (Ofcourse it will be up to the artisan to decide about the combination)

Thanks,

Eric

0 224
 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM
User Info
(01-04-2013, 06:35 AM)ben74 Wrote: Two of my favourite scents combined! Biggrin

Wim, you also mentioned Fiori & Frutta. This is one of my all time favourite aftershaves, any ideas on how to source some more (I appreciate you may only have soap, given this is a soap thread)! Huh

Hello Ben,

As for the TFS, maybe Eric of Barbieredifigaro.nl may have some left.
Just drop him a note, see what he can do.
As far as I know, this soap is not a production soap.
Yet ;-)

My Fiori & Frutta comes from a small shop in Venice.
A good friend and collegue brought it when on a trip. A very nice gesture, and a superb soap.
I happen to know that there is an Italian webstore that sells it, but I cannot recall it now.

It would make a nice addition for one of the larger vendors (Phil, Eric, John - are you listening?)

(01-04-2013, 12:51 PM)Barbieredfigaro Wrote: Hi Gents,

Thanks for the new interest in this TFS-soap.

It really was Wim's idea to try a Rose-scented version of a TFS-soap and TFS came up with the Rose & Bergamotto Neroli. It was a try-out at first and it could very well become a regular refill and luxury jar in the TFS-line.

Right now, I have a couple of these samplers left to add to orders. But I am sure that TFS could make this as a regular production.

Btw, for those that tried it, would you prefer this scent or more a "Rose-only" or Rose with for instance the Cuore di Lavanda scent? (Ofcourse it will be up to the artisan to decide about the combination)

Thanks,

Eric

A rose combination scent would have my vote!

0 641