10-11-2018, 04:20 PM
User Info
(10-11-2018, 10:55 AM)kingfisher Wrote: For a long time I kept to 5 soaps only, no creams.  And I would not purchase another soap until I used one of them up. 

In the past year or so I have expanded slightly beyond that number, but not by too much.  My son bought me a tub of AoS for Father's Day.  My plan is to use it every Sunday, starting with a GENEROUS amount, until it is gone.  This won't give it time to go bad.  I am probably about 1/4 through it already. 

The soaps beyond 5 I keep in the bottom drawer of my chest of drawers where there is not much temperature variability. 

My plan is to go back to my original intention of keeping only 5 at any time, all soaps, and to buy a new soap only when I use one up.  I don't have anywhere near the variety some of you have, but I never have to worry about a product going back, with or without preservatives.

AOS shaving cream has two preservatives in it so you should be good to keep it around for a bit.

0 327
 10-11-2018, 05:56 PM
User Info
Don't some soaps recommend leaving them open between uses?  

Would shave soaps benefit from curing or drying prior to storage?

1 166
 10-11-2018, 09:41 PM
User Info
(10-11-2018, 05:56 PM)old school Wrote: Don't some soaps recommend leaving them open between uses?  

Would shave soaps benefit from curing or drying prior to storage?

As said and mentioned here, all my Wickhams were new and not used. Not once.

25 6,344