10-09-2018, 07:24 AM
User Info
Anyone else using this razor?  Wondering thoughts on the shave and settings you are using to compare to mine.

6 83
 10-09-2018, 08:25 AM
User Info
(10-09-2018, 07:24 AM)Kevinklu Wrote: Anyone else using this razor?  Wondering thoughts on the shave and settings you are using to compare to mine.
Are you talking blackland razors or Rockwell razors??

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

0 94
 10-09-2018, 08:29 AM
User Info
Whoops sorry, good catch Rockwell changed the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 83
 04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Is it razor sharp? Works for me..
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
So far, no complaints. It has been an excellent shaver with about 10 shaves on it. Finish is spot on and mechanically it works exactly as it should. I find it to be a better shaver than the 6s or 6c in terms of smoothness and how efficient a shave it provides. Blade alignment is perfect and the blade gap adjustment dial is robust and legible. I honestly didn't think it would be this good but, it has surprised me on how good it has been.......

[Image: ldxm2Gg.jpg]

1 376
 04-29-2019, 01:45 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Said very well....no issues for me either...a bit stiff in adjustment but no big deal...getting better the more I use it actually.

6 2,205
 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
Dropped in a Feather SS blade in the Model T and Holy Moly! What a shave! Excellent efficiency with great smoothness and skin feel. Not a single nic, cut or weeper. Irritation was nowhere to be found or felt. It was just an excellent shave. I haven’t had a single issue as of yet and honestly, I don’t think I will. It has performed brilliantly without any type of malfunction, mishap or something falling apart on the Model T. And trust me, I’ve been waiting for it but, I must confess it has been a wonderful razor so far. I hope that Rockwell clears up this mess and considerable amount of quality control issues that have plagued them so far because if they did, I think that they would have a definite winner on their hands with the Model T. It has been that good. Others have stated that it’s not as good as the 6s for whatever reason. I’m on the other side of the fence on that. The Model T has been a superior performer for me over the 6s & 6c and again, ymmv rules definitely apply here. Increased efficiency throughout the dial settings without sacrificing much in feel and smoothness. On construction, the 6s gets it but, after that it has all been the Model T for me.

[Image: PtuRghj.jpg]

1 376
 06-13-2019, 07:19 PM
User Info
Any idea what the blade gap is for each setting?

2 75
 07-18-2019, 12:19 AM
User Info
Needs to be confirmed but it gradually goes from 0.38mm (R1) to 1.12mm(R6).  A plus is that you can really adjust the blad gap at the desired level  as the blage gap continuously ncreases as you dial the ring.

0 11
 07-18-2019, 01:31 AM
User Info
I was hoping that it would be a bad shaver tbh, as I was quite unhappy about the way in which they conducted the kickstarter process and handled delays. However it really is a great shaver.  #4 on the Model T is slightly more aggressive than the R4 on the 6S (closer to R5), and the ability to go between settings isn't lost on me. I do think the Progress is a great razor as well, and don't think there's enough of a difference in shave to justify any price variance.

0 49
 08-24-2019, 05:35 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
A good shave. Might not be made of Titanium, Stainless Steel or some other exotic/unobtanium type alloy but, it sure does perform just as good as anything else out there regardless of price. Its been in my possession since late March and has been a regular in my shave rotation. Probably about 30 shaves with it and not a single issue with it in terms of shave quality nor construction. Just an excellent performer, period.

[Image: U3XAuAV.jpg]

1 376
 09-22-2019, 03:38 PM
User Info
(08-24-2019, 05:35 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: A good shave. Might not be made of Titanium, Stainless Steel or some other exotic/unobtanium type alloy but, it sure does perform just as good as anything else out there regardless of price. Its been in my possession since late March and has been a regular in my shave rotation. Probably about 30 shaves with it and not a single issue with it in terms of shave quality nor construction. Just an excellent performer, period.

To bad a person can't just order one from 
Rockwell and actually have Rockwell sell
And ship the razor.

0 54
 09-23-2019, 06:50 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
(09-22-2019, 03:38 PM)Weekly Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 05:35 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: A good shave. Might not be made of Titanium, Stainless Steel or some other exotic/unobtanium type alloy but, it sure does perform just as good as anything else out there regardless of price. Its been in my possession since late March and has been a regular in my shave rotation. Probably about 30 shaves with it and not a single issue with it in terms of shave quality nor construction. Just an excellent performer, period.

To bad a person can't just order one from 
Rockwell and actually have Rockwell sell
And ship the razor.

It's a shame really. The razor performs much better than I had anticipated. Excellent finish, construction and quality movement of the tto mechanism and adjustment dial. I think that the early problems during prototyping and pre production runs really hurt them internally and was a bigger financial hit that they did not foresee. I truly believe that R&D was severely lacking and panic set in in trying to produce and get the Model T out to meet backer and customer demands.  It was poorly executed and just complete FUBAR from its inception. I still see them offering their other razors on their website as I think they're trying to recoup the expense of the Model T project before trying to get it back into production if, it's still a viable endeavor for Rockwell.

Of course, everything I said is just speculation and just theory by reading in between the lines on their announcements of the ups and downs that transpired over nearly 3 years of development and final production.

Only time will tell if they'll recover costs, learn and implement what they learned from their mistakes in future product creations/projects..... We'll see.

1 376
 09-24-2019, 06:25 PM
User Info
I got the Model T here from Buy/Sell group, I really want to like it, love the long handle but I wish it was a little bit heavier. I also tend to get more nicks & cuts when using this razor when using it in higher than #3. Note that I never have an issue with Gillette slim/fatboy adjustable in #3.

I recently got as a gift a Rex Ambassador for my birthday, and that has become my favorite adjustable being a tad heavier, but wish it was a little bit longer. I still get nicks & cuts with it but not as much as the Model T.

I usually use Polsilver or Gillette Platinum blades with them.

0 23
 09-25-2019, 06:07 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
(09-24-2019, 06:25 PM)houmi Wrote: I got the Model T here from Buy/Sell group, I really want to like it, love the long handle but I wish it was a little bit heavier. I also tend to get more nicks & cuts when using this razor when using it in higher than #3. Note that I never have an issue with Gillette slim/fatboy adjustable in #3.

I recently got as a gift a Rex Ambassador for my birthday, and that has become my favorite adjustable being a tad heavier, but wish it was a little bit longer. I still get nicks & cuts with it but not as much as the Model T.

Fortunately, I've never given myself a bad shave with the Model T. I think I might have given myself a weeper or two during the first 2 shaves but, they have been incident free since. I've used the Model T from its lowest setting of 1 to its highest on 6. Setting 3 on my Gillette Slim or 109 feels like a 1-1.5 on the Model T. A #3 on the Model T would compare to like almost a setting of 6 close to 7 in the Gillettes in my experince. If the #3 setting on your Slim is your sweet spot, you might want to tone down the setting on the Model T to a 2 or even 1.5. On pure blade feel, efficiency and shave performance the Model T has proven to be the better shaver, hands down over both my Slim & 109 including feel and balance in the hands. But, again that's just my own personal experience with the aforementioned razors.

Concernings blades, I've had excellent results using top tier blades such as Feathers, Gillette Platinums, Black Ninjas, Polsilver SI as well as Shark Platinums, Super-Max BD and Astras. The Kai blade has been a really good performer in this razor as it amps up blade feel at every setting for a more efficient feeling shave.....

1 376
 09-25-2019, 10:33 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
I finally gave up on receiving mine, so I asked for a refund, which they did. Another time, maybe.

16 709
 09-25-2019, 05:36 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
(09-25-2019, 10:33 AM)Entasis Wrote: I finally gave up on receiving mine, so I asked for a refund, which they did. Another time, maybe.

It’s darn right embarrassing that they still have backers that haven’t received their Model T yet. Honestly, I don’t blame you one bit for pulling the plug on your purchase...

1 376
 09-27-2019, 04:14 PM
User Info
(09-25-2019, 06:07 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:25 PM)houmi Wrote: I got the Model T here from Buy/Sell group, I really want to like it, love the long handle but I wish it was a little bit heavier. I also tend to get more nicks & cuts when using this razor when using it in higher than #3. Note that I never have an issue with Gillette slim/fatboy adjustable in #3.

Fortunately, I've never given myself a bad shave with the Model T. I think I might have given myself a weeper or two during the first 2 shaves but, they have been incident free since. I've used the Model T from its lowest setting of 1 to its highest on 6. Setting 3 on my Gillette Slim or 109 feels like a 1-1.5 on the Model T. A #3 on the Model T would compare to like almost a setting of 6 close to 7 in the Gillettes in my experince. If the #3 setting on your Slim is your sweet spot, you might want to tone down the setting on the Model T to a 2 or even 1.5. On pure blade feel, efficiency and shave performance the Model T has proven to be the better shaver, hands down over both my Slim & 109 including feel and balance in the hands. But, again that's just my own personal experience with the aforementioned razors.

Concernings blades, I've had excellent results using top tier blades such as Feathers, Gillette Platinums, Black Ninjas, Polsilver SI as well as Shark Platinums, Super-Max BD and Astras. The Kai blade has been a really good performer in this razor as it amps up blade feel at every setting for a more efficient feeling shave.....

Thank you that was it! Model T in 1.5-2 is perfect for me.

I wonder if that's the same for a Rex Ambassador.

I tend to find Feathers blade a bit too sharp for my liking and I like them to be smooth, and the Gillette Platinum, GSB & Polsilvers tend to be nice.

0 23
 03-25-2021, 02:29 PM
User Info
Today i did the first test with Model T Gunmetal.

The razor is perfect in each detail and all the moving parts work without problems. The gunmetal finish is perfect and well made. I'm a lover of the 6C R3 plate and for this reason i started my usual 3 pass shave setting 3.5 on Model T. I used a Gillette Wilkinson Saloon pack made in India at the third use. The shaving was smoother than R3 and also deeper, the razor itself Is well balanced. This was the First contact but i can see a little spark who will ignite the love's Fire.

0 12
 04-09-2021, 10:29 PM
User Info
I became a Kickstarter supporter for the Model T (April 2016) and finally received a Gunmetal version in March 2019.  It's very attractive, but I found it a less satisfying razor than my Model 6S, but shaved with it maybe a dozen times since I received it.  A couple of days ago, after inserting a new blade, one of the "doors" came off.  The tiny tab at one end broke off at the pivot hole.  I'll contact Rockwell to see if they can help me out.  (I see the razor is currently out of stock.)

0 57