10-09-2018, 12:20 PM
User Info
6 years ago, during my wife's final pregnancy, I purchased a Tradere Open Comb razor as a celebratory gift for myself (and one day, my son). At the time, I did not own a "premium" razor, nor did I own an open comb razor of any type. The Tradere was beautiful and I thought it would make a nice heirloom piece for my son.

Until recently, I had only used the Tradere a handful of times, but in participation of OCtober, I removed the Tradere from storage and have been getting marvelous shaves with it. That said, I simply prefer the face feel of a safety bar razor when I use a DE rather than a straight. 

My only other "premium" DE razor is an ATT Atlas. 

I have been eyeing the ATT Windsor, but wanted to poll the audience and see what premium/heirloom grade DE razor would provide a shave similar to the first generation Tradere OC. My only stipulation is it be a razor which is readily available for purchase such at an ATT or Blackland, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input!

11 487
 10-09-2018, 12:39 PM
User Info
Muhle R 41 2013 version and Raw RS-10. Tradere OC 1 generation is my favourite razor and I always compare new razors to this one. I tried many razors but no one is closer than these two mentioned above. Btw. I have SB version as well and this is another (too much tamed) tier. Looking forward to next suggestion in this thread.

14 423
 10-17-2018, 04:43 PM
User Info
I am sorry that I don’t know what the Tradere shaves like, but the Gillette 1946-47 Aristocrat is the king shaver for me. I also think it is beautiful!

I like it so much, over the last few months I have purchased four mint/unused condition 46-47 razors. I am going to someday pass one on to each of my sons. I have never been given an heirloom, and I don’t imagine that any will be forthcoming...so I thought it would be a neat idea to give each of them something to treasure!

Good luck!

Vr

Matt

13 545