10-09-2018, 03:49 PM
User Info
I just received my aluminum slant (s1) from above the tie. I've heard the stainless version is nothing but smooth smooth smooth. The machining is supposed to be identical but with different materials who knows. My question is does anyone have experience or know if the the blade exposure is the same between the different types? Mine definitely has some blade feel to it. I do like some but I would say it's more than you would describe as a smooth operator. Or is it because it's a slant? My only slant experience is the rr 37. Obviously I need a few more shaves with it but any input would help.
Thank you

0 68
 10-09-2018, 03:50 PM
User Info
And for what it's worth the thing is just awesome looking.

0 68
 10-12-2018, 11:28 AM
User Info
(10-09-2018, 03:49 PM)Gravity Wrote: I just received my aluminum slant (s1) from above the tie. I've heard the stainless version is nothing but smooth smooth smooth. The machining is supposed to be identical but with different materials who knows. My question is does anyone have experience or know if the the blade exposure is the same between the different types? Mine definitely has some blade feel to it. I do like some but I would say it's more than you would describe as a smooth operator. Or is it because it's a slant? My only slant experience is the rr 37. Obviously I need a few more shaves with it but any input would help.
Thank you

I have the stainless steel version, and it does have a little blade feel, but not much. I have the RR 37 coming in Monday, and will be able to compare it with that one.

1 3
 10-12-2018, 11:42 AM
User Info
To me the 37 has a little more but not much

0 68
 10-12-2018, 10:16 PM
User Info
I have bothe the aluminium version as the stainless. I experience the SS version as milder to the face. The alu version can bite more easily. Not sure why that is.

3 128
 10-13-2018, 06:40 AM
User Info
(10-12-2018, 10:16 PM)efsk Wrote: I have bothe the aluminium version as the stainless. I experience the SS version as milder to the face. The alu version can bite more easily. Not sure why that is.

Have you noticed more blade exposure at all?

0 68