10-09-2018, 09:08 PM
User Info
Evening Gent’s I’m looking for help on a particular matter, I just got my new Pils razor today, very well made, nice design but
I noticed when the blade is loaded is uneven from one side to another (looks misaligned)
However I tried a few other different blade brands and it’s the same, I reinstalled the blades like 20 times and it’s the same.
My question to the Pils owners is:
Is this normal (part of the design) or is defective?
I never owned a pils before so I have no clue if this is normal on all the pils or if is actually a manufacturer defect.
Please let me know I don’t wanna go through all the process of returning the razor if this particular thing is normal.
By the way it shaves amazing
Thank you for reading
Regards:
Aroon R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 130
 10-09-2018, 10:04 PM
User Info
Any photographs?

5 156
 10-10-2018, 01:21 AM
User Info
If it shaves amazingly, I would keep it.
But I would let the shop, where you bought it, know that the blade looks to sit skewed in the razor.

Take a closeup if it and email the shop with a message.

Then you can always ask for a replacement in case the razor starts to give you bad shaves.

You probably need to react within a months time, or the shop will no longer be able to help you with a replacement.

25 6,431
 10-10-2018, 05:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Good advise from Claus.  I will say, I have owned several PILS razors and I never experienced this.

181 25,129
 10-10-2018, 07:31 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Claus gave good advice. If you have problems down the road the vendor should at least be aware of your concern before his hands are tied. I had an issue with a brush at one time, and was waiting for the knot tips to soften. They remained quite scratchy - like barbed wire! By the time I finally had a conversation with the vendor there was nothing he could do. His ability to respond to my concern was limited by the manufacturer of the brush.

10 3,157
 10-10-2018, 08:53 AM
User Info
Found the center hex bolt loose I tightened it
And still can’t make the blade to be even with the side rails I will call customer support

4 130
 10-10-2018, 09:28 AM
User Info
You don't need to tighten the center hex bolt, in all likelihood. 

As long as the blade aligns with the guard you are good to go.  It is quite common for the top cap to be slightly misaligned after tightening, making the blade look like it is loaded askew. 

It will shave fine as long as the blade edge is aligned with the guard.  You can learn how to tighten the top cap so it is also on straight; it takes some practice.

3 1,936
 10-10-2018, 09:40 AM
User Info
Thanks for the advice Gentlemen’s

4 130
 10-13-2018, 05:45 AM
User Info
Make some pics of it.
With blade and without, more pics without blade of the blade carrying surfaces.
Otherwise we all can just guess.
Additionally you ought to send the the pics to the dealer.

A misaligned blade in a Pils sounds like something went seriously wrong.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 169