10-15-2018, 07:28 PM
User Info
I recently tried Nuavia Blu and Verde.  Great performance.  IMHO, it is better than MDC.  MDC does provide a very closeshave, but it dries quickly on my face.  The nuavia provides more  moisture and slickness  throughout my shave.   Scent wise,  I love the verde.  Nice, mild scent that some say is similar to the popular cologne, Acqua Di Gio.  From reading reviews, the Blu seems to be nuavia's  most popular scent.  I did not like it at all. Blu's performance is at good as it gets, but the scent did not agree with me at all.  Very complicated strong, spicy scent, maybe cinnamon.  It gave me a headache.  In the reviews, most people seem to love this scent, maybe it is just not for me.   Verde's scent on the other hand, is perfect for me.  I am very curious about the new Nera scent, but there are not many reviews about it yet, and am waiting for samples to become available.  Don't want to spend $65 until I know more about the scent.

1 77
 10-19-2018, 08:38 AM
User Info
The new Nera scent is in the same wheelhouse as Polo Black.  If you like Polo Black you'll likely enjoy the Nera scent.  

Also, headache aside the Blue scent is one that grows on you (as is the Red).  With these two it seems to take a bit more time to appreciate them, maybe due to the boldness and complexity.  For me the Blue scent is the very best shaving soap ever made. 

The Verde and Nera scents are much more straight forward.  With the Verde being like a better less synthetic version of Aqua de Gio.  The Nera is quite enjoyable but you're right, you don't hear about it nearly as much.

0 65
 10-19-2018, 11:38 AM
User Info
Seems kind of expensive.  My limit for creams is $15(what I pay for AoS on the auction site).

0 389
 10-19-2018, 01:52 PM
User Info
It's certainly not a cheap soap at $65.  It comes in a nice ceramic crock and there is quite a bit of it.  An outstanding soap with great post shave but what really makes it stand out to me are the scents, which are amazing.

0 65
 10-19-2018, 02:02 PM
User Info
Cool.  Just goes to show there's room for all tastes.

0 389