10-18-2018, 12:43 PM
User Info
Gents,

Any thoughts on this soap?  I bought a puck, and might try a test lather this evening.  It’s smells like a nice Edt.

Vr

Matt

[Image: iRDPxJd.jpg][Image: Z9A5ni3.jpg]

29 1,459
 10-18-2018, 01:27 PM
User Info
(10-18-2018, 12:43 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

Any thoughts on this soap?  I bought a puck, and might try a test lather this evening.  It’s smells like a nice Edt.

Vr

Matt

[Image: iRDPxJd.jpg][Image: Z9A5ni3.jpg]

Huh Cheers

1 1,073
 10-18-2018, 02:09 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I think that it's a terrific soap, with a scent that's out of this world. It's definitely a high end Italian soap. I hope you enjoy it.

38 5,991
 10-18-2018, 03:28 PM
User Info
Cheers Ron, and thanks Richard!

I am excited to try it and will report back sometime this weekend!

Vr

Matt

PS. I love the island of Capri by the way...perhaps my most favorite spot in Italy! The blue grotto is amazing...the day I went in was very sunny, and as the rays came through the roof they were very pronounced and once they hit the water iridescent blue. It’s something that I will never forget!

29 1,459
 10-18-2018, 04:29 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
One of the best vegetable soaps I've ever used.

Scent is wonderful. Matching aftershave balm and EdP are also top notch.

178 1,667
 10-18-2018, 04:50 PM
User Info
I didn’t know they had matching balm and edt! Good gouge there! Thanks!

Vr

Matt

(10-18-2018, 04:29 PM)Steelman Wrote: One of the best vegetable soaps I've ever used.

Scent is wonderful. Matching aftershave balm and EdP are also top notch.

29 1,459
 10-18-2018, 04:54 PM
User Info
Do you gents bloom the puck since it’s so hard?

Thanks!

Vr

Matt

29 1,459
 10-20-2018, 06:35 PM
User Info
Very nice shave soap that doesn’t get enough press! I chose to bloom it while in the shower since it’s a really hard soap, and it worked out great!

I finished it off with the Speick aftershave, and that was also a great choice...very nice AS!

Vr

Matt

29 1,459
 10-21-2018, 06:41 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I must admit that initially I was hesitant.
The limited information, but above all the very generic formulation (soap style 101) did not impress me.
But lately this product has also been discovered abroad, where more contributions have aroused my interest.

The perfume house of Capri is very famous ... at least here, on the nearby island.
And looking at his broad list, we see only one line for shaving: Carthusia"Man".

Moderator Note:   Links to, and large cut and paste from, websites not affiliated with TSN removed.

0 1,725
 10-24-2018, 06:39 AM
User Info
Carthusia Uomo is now solidly one of my favorite soaps, and it receives top marks in every category...it is every bit as good as Martin De Candre and Mitchell’s Wool Fat.  I couple it with Speick aftershave, and the post shave feel is out of this world!

I have used it now for three shaves in a row, which is really uncommon for me.  I bloomed it, loaded up on the puck each time, and then I took it to the bowl to whip up more than enough for a four pass shave for each use.  You can still see the lettering on the puck!!!

It is certainly worthy of being kept in an Infinity jar!

I highly recommend giving this soap a shot!  

Vr

Matt

[Image: Ktj59xN.jpg][Image: qVIpc0J.jpg]

29 1,459
 10-24-2018, 08:31 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Agree. A terrific soap thats under the radar.

As good as Spiek is, I do suggest you try the accompanying Uomo aftershave balm. Decadent.

178 1,667
 10-24-2018, 08:33 AM
User Info
(10-24-2018, 08:31 AM)Steelman Wrote: Agree. A terrific soap thats under the radar.

As good as Spiek is, I do suggest you try the accompanying Uomo aftershave balm. Decadent.

Yes Sir!  That is on my list for sure!

Vr

Matt

29 1,459
 11-10-2018, 01:04 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
 11-10-2018, 05:17 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Is this soap in my top 5? No. But it lathers easily, the scent is out of the is world, it's slick enough for my straights, the ASB is the best performing balm I've ever used, and I've received many complements on the EdP. For me it's a winner.

38 5,991
 03-31-2019, 05:31 AM
User Info
Gents,

I just bought some Carthusia products from our friend Nervosa on the BST, which included the Carthusia Olive Wood Bowl, a puck lathered one time, an unused puck, and the Carthusia Uomo balm. It was a fantastic deal, so public thanks to him!

My thoughts on the shave soap itself are above, and after revisiting it for my shave yesterday it is firmly in my top three shave soaps along with the Martin De Candre line and Sebum Purple.

I think that the Carthusia Olive Wood Bowl is ultra luxury and ultra class, but it was priced way over what I was willing to spend retail. However, I am extremely happy to own it, because I got a wonderful deal on it, and it is absolutely PERFECT for the Carthusia Uomo puck! I thought I was pretty sharp using the super nice Infinity Jar above, but it’s far from perfect for this puck...I was mistaken in thinking it was right...the olive wood bowl is perfection!

I did a test lather last night using the wood bowl, and it is optimal for several reasons:

1. It is the perfect size...it does not trap the puck in as the infinity jar. The puck can easily be taken out, but it is not so big that the puck sloshes around when loading the brush.

2. The bowl is taller than the infinity jar, and I can completely cover the puck with hot water to bloom it. This makes the triple milled soap easier to load/lather, and there is plenty of bloom water that I can transfer to another bowl which I use to help build lather in the lather bowl or on my face. I also like to use the bloom water to wet my face between passes. The protection and slickness that it affords during the shave is amazing.

3. The bowl is the optimal size for loading the brush. The infinity jar is slightly more narrow and not as tall, which results in lather falling off the jar and into my lather bowl. The wood bowl truly allows the brush to get loaded, and when the brush is pressed down on top of the puck the badger or boar hairs go down and around the top of the puck, as opposed to over the sides of the glass jar. This resulted in even better lather last night than I was able to produce using the infinity jar in the past.

4. Once the brush was fully loaded, I popped the puck out, and onto a folded up paper towel. This exposed some amazingly thick lather hiding in the bottom, which I got out with my clean finger. I put it on top of the brush, and I can only assume that also helped the lather to become all it could be. The infinity jar does not allow for this!

5. The craftsmanship is amazing, and the grain of the olive wood bowl is amazing...it aesthetically very pleasing to my eye! It looks great where I store my soaps.

6. As wet shaving enthusiasts we like to own rare things...I am guessing at the $150 retail price tag for the bowl and puck...they are not flying off of the shelf. I imagine it’s rare to find them in the wild.

At any rate, those are my initial thoughts on the silly little bowl!

In addition, and as Ron stated above, the Carthusia Uomo balm...is almost in the second to non category. It IS fantastic for my face, and I can also now highly recommend it!

Vr

Matt

29 1,459
 03-31-2019, 05:48 AM
User Info
Bowl Pictures!

[Image: pXvGY7t.jpg][Image: knXucSf.jpg][Image: OmJjlhC.jpg][Image: 41d1raN.jpg][Image: aBi8o0t.jpg]

29 1,459
 03-31-2019, 06:46 AM
User Info
Matt, that's a beautiful olive wood bowl.

59 9,328
 03-31-2019, 06:49 AM
User Info
(03-31-2019, 06:46 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Matt, that's a beautiful olive wood bowl.

+1

62 1,496
 03-31-2019, 06:52 AM
User Info
(03-31-2019, 06:46 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Matt, that's a beautiful olive wood bowl.

Thanks Ricardo and Jack...in my eyes...it’s function for the Carthusia Uomo puck equals its beauty...which makes it very valuable to me since I love the soap.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Rainy, cold, and a little windy in NOVA!

Vr

Matt

29 1,459
 03-31-2019, 09:36 AM
User Info
Afternoon shave pictures with Carthusia Uomo (illustrates some of the process above...note what is hiding just under the puck after a 40 second load):

[Image: iU5rlnn.jpg][Image: TXFnHuf.jpg][Image: 8w7SlVW.jpg][Image: mMWu8F8.jpg][Image: kkRYIpz.jpg][Image: aRpR1e2.jpg][Image: zh6t2kd.jpg][Image: G7SZhsX.jpg][Image: rTslkP9.jpg][Image: 8g8hO8f.jpg][Image: 5AL0o8t.jpg]

29 1,459