10-31-2018, 10:20 AM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
You can go wrong with either glide or select. Both have their own quality attributes.  Simple answer; go with one of each!  Smile

69 863
 11-14-2018, 12:19 AM
User Info
I own every scent in the "Glide" and a I think all but 1 in the "Select" but I always reach for any of the Glides. The Select base is good but for me, it's not the same as the Glide. I lather my face with it after I finish shaving and leave it on while I'm cleaning up and my face feels amazing afterwards. CRSW's customer service is AWESOME! You won't be disappointed either way. Good luck!

Brandon

2 16
 11-23-2018, 06:33 AM
User Info
(11-14-2018, 12:19 AM)El Gringo Wrote: I own every scent in the "Glide" and a I think all but 1 in the "Select" but I always reach for any of the Glides. The Select base is good but for me, it's not the same as the Glide. I lather my face with it after I finish shaving and leave it on while I'm cleaning up and my face feels amazing afterwards. CRSW's customer service is AWESOME! You won't be disappointed either way. Good luck!

Brandon

I feel the same about CRSW but I never tried the Select. I only have two Glides but I love them.
I'm really satisfied with Glide but have been curious to try Select because there are a couple scents that sound really good. Is the difference between the two all that great? I've read both yes and no. Looking for some clarification.

0 82
 11-24-2018, 06:44 AM
User Info
(11-23-2018, 06:33 AM)tubular Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 12:19 AM)El Gringo Wrote: I own every scent in the "Glide" and a I think all but 1 in the "Select" but I always reach for any of the Glides. The Select base is good but for me, it's not the same as the Glide. I lather my face with it after I finish shaving and leave it on while I'm cleaning up and my face feels amazing afterwards. CRSW's customer service is AWESOME! You won't be disappointed either way. Good luck!

Brandon

I feel the same about CRSW but I never tried the Select. I only have two Glides but I love them.
I'm really satisfied with Glide but have been curious to try Select because there are a couple scents that sound really good. Is the difference between the two all that great? I've read both yes and no. Looking for some clarification.

I'll try and help you out.

Select is comparable in quality to soaps like Eufros/Jabonman, Wholly Kaw, Grooming Dept, Barrister & Mann Reserve. In fact I would rate better than all those mentioned. If you see a scent that appeals to you in Select than by all means grab it. You won't be disappointed.

Glide is on another level as far performance goes. There is no other soap quite like it. Post shave and Glide are unmatched IMO.

I love both and there is without a doubt a place in my den for the traditional type Select or the otherworldly Glide.

Just out of curiosity which Select scents are you looking at?

0 243
 11-24-2018, 07:34 AM
User Info
(11-24-2018, 06:44 AM)bennett Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 06:33 AM)tubular Wrote:

Brandon

I'll try and help you out.

Select is comparable in quality to soaps like Eufros/Jabonman, Wholly Kaw, Grooming Dept, Barrister & Mann Reserve. In fact I would rate better than all those mentioned. If you see a scent that appeals to you in Select than by all means grab it. You won't be disappointed.

Glide is on another level as far performance goes. There is no other soap quite like it. Post shave and Glide are unmatched IMO.

I love both and there is without a doubt a place in my den for the traditional type Select or the otherworldly Glide.

Just out of curiosity which Select scents are you looking at?
+1 on Glide, this CRSW soap made me forget immediately about every soap out there. CRSW Glide Olfactory Hue and CRSW Glide Barbiere Sapone are superb. ymmv. I have lent Morning Ghost and never got it back, so there is another recommendation.

62 1,451
 11-25-2018, 01:46 PM
  • Journeyman
  • The Present (when I'm lucky)
User Info
Love me some CRSW, and both are great choices, but I’d put in another vote for Glide. I’m addicted to the scent of Olfactory Hue. I just received a couple of pucks in the mail and was so happy to see the box on my doorstep that I felt like I’d gotten a gift even though I bought them for myself.

Had a shave with it after a long day of traveling. Smooth, happy face and that lingering scent. The Best.

18 305
 11-26-2018, 03:52 AM
User Info
looking at Bergamot & Bay, Sandalwood and Vetiver Fresco. Only going to buy one so help would be good. Checking CRSW website shows the B&Bay sold out so that makes my choice easier.

0 82
 11-26-2018, 05:05 AM
User Info
I'll take Select over Glide any day. Just my own preference of harder soap vs softer croap.

I have two croap, and yes they are excellent, just that I don't have the joy of loading them as they are soft.

My favourite scent from them are Jardin d'Orange and Limenthol.

0 206
 11-26-2018, 01:07 PM
User Info
I'm not a big citrus fan so those two are out for me. I love the Glide soap but have paralysis by analysis choosing scents. The Select ones I picked out in my post above are what interests me most. I admit I'm curious about the difference between Select and Glide. But mostly have trouble making my choice of the scent. My other choice is the Morning Ghost Glide but it may be to much vetiver? I wish CRSW did samples. 

I'll give it another day or two and probably get the Vetiver Fresco.

0 82
 12-03-2018, 12:13 PM
User Info
OK now for my report. Went with Vetiver Fresco. Very nice scent not dirty or earthy like I was afraid of. Really relieved about that! I'd put the Select right there with WK or GD and a notch above B&M. Really nice stuff! There is a big difference between Glide and Select. Select is great but Glide is on a whole other level.

0 82