10-22-2018, 02:38 PM
User Info
It shaves like a dreammmmmm. Here are some close ups.

No more are the days of outrageously priced BBS-1. It levels the playing field.

Updates as far as I can tell on this razor are phenomenal. The corner catches appear more robust for sure. Maybe it’s just my eyes.

More to come.

[Image: 2ef3995dcaba814b377d56fa65a226a0.jpg][Image: b692b902133a45053bdb0bae83f7cbde.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 274
 10-22-2018, 02:45 PM
User Info
I waaaaaant that!  Very Beautiful.

0 344
 10-22-2018, 02:52 PM
User Info
(10-22-2018, 02:45 PM)asiliski Wrote: I waaaaaant that!  Very Beautiful.

Watch the Wolfman website! They pop up here and there.

17 274
 10-22-2018, 03:04 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
Didn't he used to have pictures of the handles on the website?

4 481
 10-22-2018, 03:43 PM
User Info
Very very nice. Enjoy.

9 1,454
 10-22-2018, 03:48 PM
User Info
Beautiful! A+++!!!!

13 537
 10-22-2018, 03:50 PM
User Info
Have the same handle and love it, enjoy! Jealous of the new WR2 head looks great

3 38
 10-22-2018, 04:07 PM
User Info
Would also like to add that it is still a very mild razor for most. Very nice craftsmanship (as always) but mild.

17 274
 10-23-2018, 01:17 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(10-22-2018, 02:38 PM)SimpleShave17 Wrote: It shaves like a dreammmmmm.   Here are some close ups.

No more are the days of outrageously priced BBS-1.  It levels the playing field.

Updates as far as I can tell on this razor are phenomenal.

More to come.

[Image: 2ef3995dcaba814b377d56fa65a226a0.jpg][Image: b692b902133a45053bdb0bae83f7cbde.jpg]

Not sure this is true. BBS-1 is and will remain the "King" of modern high-end razors. WR2 is just another offering from WR similar to the "King". I read elsewhere that even the gap is slightly different. If you think that John doesn't have a contract anymore with WR about the BBS-1, so no collaboration, and WR can't offer the exact same razor, it is logical. LASSC legendary logos are missing, no numbered base plates, the beautiful( ok, heavy) and unique handle is gone. 

Demand for these won't lower, but will probably rise.

WR2 were made for those that lost the chance to own a BBS-1, so he offered a similar design. Second market prices of the BBS-1 won't be affected by that. You'll see. Still haven't seen any BBS-1 for sale the last months.

Good looking razor, but the original design came with an amazing handle and beautiful logos. So if anyone had to choose between these two, we pretty much know the answer.

Enjoy.

Ciao!

58 2,346
 10-23-2018, 02:09 AM
User Info
(10-23-2018, 01:17 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 02:38 PM)SimpleShave17 Wrote: It shaves like a dreammmmmm.   Here are some close ups.

No more are the days of outrageously priced BBS-1.  It levels the playing field.

More to come.

Not sure this is true. BBS-1 is and will remain the "King" of modern high-end razors. WR2 is just another offering from WR similar to the "King". I read elsewhere that even the gap is slightly different. If you think that John doesn't have a contract anymore with WR about the BBS-1, so no collaboration, and WR can't offer the exact same razor, it is logical. LASSC legendary logos are missing, no numbered base plates, the beautiful( ok, heavy) and unique handle is gone. 

WR2 were made for those that lost the chance to own a BBS-1, so he offered a similar design. Second market prices of the BBS-1 won't be affected by that. You'll see. Still haven't seen any BBS-1 for sale the last months.

Good looking razor, but the original design came with an amazing handle and beautiful logos. So if anyone had to choose between these two, we pretty much know the answer.

Enjoy.

Ciao!

The blade gap is the same. And yea, there is a lack of cluttered logos but I see this as an improvement.

Also, the WR2 head has what appears to be some small improvements in blade alignment. Corners of head (top) with increase in dimensions. Fit is snug like a bottom. Just my opinion.

Same machining, upgraded, and a clean non-cluttered face. I’m sure the prices of the bbs-1 fall dramatically.

I can still see them selling for a small premium. But nothing like current values.

17 274
 10-23-2018, 02:18 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(10-23-2018, 02:09 AM)SimpleShave17 Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 01:17 AM)nikos.a Wrote:

More to come.

Enjoy.

Ciao!

The blade gap is the same.  And yea, there is a lack of cluttered logos but I see this as an improvement.

Also, the WR2 head has what appears to be some small improvements in blade alignment.   Corners of head (top) with increase in dimensions.  Fit is snug like a bottom.  Just my opinion.

Same machining, upgraded, and a clean non-cluttered face.   I’m sure the prices of the bbs-1 fall dramatically.

I can still see them selling for a small premium.  But nothing like current values.

BBS-1 head is perfectly aligned.

James replied to another member that the gap of WR2 is 0.97. I have no reason not to believe him. BBS-1 gap is 1mm. Nothing dramatic but still a change.

How did he upgrade the machining?

Any razor with a limited production "register number" that some waited for more than a year to get and is now discontinued won't be sold for less as years pass. Quite the contrary. If we see BBS-1 with a price tag of 2k in a few years, I won't be surprised at all.

58 2,346
 10-23-2018, 03:17 AM
User Info
Well, the blade gap may differ by 0.03 haha but when members are asking $2000+ for a bbs-1, this is the best option.

Missing the engraving yes. Small difference in blade gap yes. Realistic to obtain given the abundant amount of gaugers, yes.

Just the facts.

17 274
 10-23-2018, 04:33 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
You're right on this.

As I see it, it's like debating why Bottom-Dial Fatboy will always hold more value than a regular Fatboy (a little apples to oranges, but you get the meaning).

What surprises me is that you implied that the blade alignment and the machining of the BBS-1 are not already perfect, while BBS-1 is the absolute perfection of a razor and the one which changed the high-end razors scene.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy your new acquisition in good health!

Have a nice day everyone.

58 2,346
 10-23-2018, 12:12 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Per a conversation with James:

“...planning to make an open comb and dual comb WR2. The initial blade gap is .97mm...be offering different gaps soon. The BBS-1 had a 1.0mm blade gap.

- The outside cap radius was changed to a smaller radius, matching the WR1 cap.
- The inside of the cap is completely different.
- Overall head length is longer, matching the WR1
- The thickness of the base plate center portion increased by .5mm
- The thickness of the solid bar guard increased significantly
- Solid bar slots are now angled
- Handle recess added
- Engraving changed to match WR1
- Weight of the head is 34g (about 7g increase)
- Bevels added to soften edges, helpful for sanding by hand
- Blade bevels on base plate widened
- Bar guard "combs" do not extend to the edges

Blade geometry was not changed significantly from previous design. “ 

Guys this was James’ response when probed for differences between the original BBS1 and WR2.

It comports with anecdotal reports of being slightly milder than the BBS1. My perspective is the sum of these changes equate to somewhere between a half and whole gap step based on WR1 deltas. Had enquired to clarify some questions for custom builds by James.  It is being shared publicly after others had raised some questions regarding a few of the areas we had discussed and James agreed with posting to the forum

3 293
 10-23-2018, 12:24 PM
User Info
Very interested in the OC WR2.  had a shave with the 0.86OC WR1.  Smooth BBS shave.

0 389
 10-23-2018, 12:27 PM
User Info
Thanks Dan!  Now here's to hoping I can beat the page monitoring bots many people have set up and catch a release in time on the site...

85 451
 10-23-2018, 01:01 PM
User Info
(10-23-2018, 12:12 PM)DanLaw Wrote: Per a conversation with James:

“...planning to make an open comb and dual comb WR2. The initial blade gap is .97mm...be offering different gaps soon. The BBS-1 had a 1.0mm blade gap.

- The outside cap radius was changed to a smaller radius, matching the WR1 cap.
- The inside of the cap is completely different.
- Overall head length is longer, matching the WR1
- The thickness of the base plate center portion increased by .5mm
- The thickness of the solid bar guard increased significantly
- Solid bar slots are now angled
- Handle recess added
- Engraving changed to match WR1
- Weight of the head is 34g (about 7g increase)
- Bevels added to soften edges, helpful for sanding by hand
- Blade bevels on base plate widened
- Bar guard "combs" do not extend to the edges

Blade geometry was not changed significantly from previous design. “ 

Guys this was James’ response when probed for differences between the original BBS1 and WR2.

It comports with anecdotal reports of being slightly milder than the BBS1. My perspective is the sum of these changes equate to somewhere between a half and whole gap step based on WR1 deltas. Had enquired to clarify some questions for custom builds by James.  It is being shared publicly after others had raised some questions regarding a few of the areas we had discussed and James agreed with posting to the forum

Thanks for this! This is excellent.

17 274
 10-23-2018, 06:36 PM
User Info
Looks outstanding to me.  Now it is just a waiting game.  I wish James would have introduced a new handle design for the WR2 head.  Nevertheless I believe you can't go wrong with any of his products.
Steve

0 996
 10-24-2018, 07:22 AM
User Info
James does great work. The major problem for alot of people is getting one. Myself include. Beautiful razor enjoy.

3 75
 10-24-2018, 11:03 AM
User Info
WR2 is a completely new razor, which has nothing to do with BBS-1 ... and in no way is even a close competitor ... you cannot compare them at all.
Nevertheless, the razor is beautiful, as she shaves, time will tell, when the first joy of shopping will pass)))

Congratulations on your purchase!

0 15