10-27-2018, 10:15 AM
User Info
 just got my bb and really trying to like it. For the most part I really do but The thing is I get a fair amount of blade chatter. I do have a rather dense growth in a few spots and see that the blade isn't clamped very much so that'll lead to it as well. Does anyone else experience this? Is there a fix? Still in my return window but really want to keep it, however I'm not sure if I will if I can't get the chatter under control.

0 62
 10-27-2018, 10:39 AM
User Info
This could also be from your shaving angle. Try using a light touch w the head flush against the face. Allow the head design to work in your favor. A traditional angle where you’re riding more of the safety bar provides a rough shave in my experience.

This should take out any chatter - I don’t experience any during use but I also don’t have dense growth.

It really is a fantastic razor. I definitely consider it too 10 in my den.

Hope this helps

1 66
 10-27-2018, 03:33 PM
User Info
(10-27-2018, 10:39 AM)MarsEnglish Wrote: This could also be from your shaving angle. Try using a light touch w the head flush against the face. Allow the head design to work in your favor. A traditional angle where you’re riding more of the safety bar provides a rough shave in my experience.

This should take out any chatter - I don’t experience any during use but I also don’t have dense growth.

Hope this helps

I've tried pretty much every angle that'll cut. I'm really liking it which is why I want to get to the bottom of it. One thing I have noticed is that every single time I put a blade in regardless of what blade it is there's a "click" from the blade on the final turn. AS if it popped into place but it already is. Tried asking elsewhere but didn't get too far.

0 62
 10-27-2018, 03:34 PM
User Info
Also I use the lightest touch possible, sensitive neck and if I use any pressure I get burn pretty easily

0 62
 10-27-2018, 04:46 PM
User Info
Just got a machined blackbird, look and balance feel outstanding. Didn’t notice any click when inserting a blade. Taking her on a maiden voyage tomorrow so I’ll let you know if I get any chatter.

3 38
 10-27-2018, 08:30 PM
User Info
(10-27-2018, 03:33 PM)Gravity Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 10:39 AM)MarsEnglish Wrote: This could also be from your shaving angle. Try using a light touch w the head flush against the face. Allow the head design to work in your favor. A traditional angle where you’re riding more of the safety bar provides a rough shave in my experience.

Hope this helps

I've tried pretty much every angle that'll cut. I'm really liking it which is why I want to get to the bottom of it. One thing I have noticed is that every single time I put a blade in regardless of what blade it is there's a "click" from the blade on the final turn. AS if it popped into place but it already is. Tried asking elsewhere but didn't get too far.

Yes I’m familiar with the click - in fact I’ve come to appreciate that crunching noise! Let’s me know we’re ready for business.

1 66